Campaign Event: Epic Battle. MONS BADONICUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Logo.png

Brytenwalda team present...

...An epic event that will decide the fate of Britannia.

MONS BADONICUS/MYNYDD BADDON BATTLE

c. 500 AD

Badon.gif

"de postrema patriae victoria quae temporibus nostris dei nutu donata est" Gildas

Campaign Background

Tides of invaders arriving daily to the shores of Britannia. Saxons, Jutes and Angles invading the weak kingdoms of the Britons.

Aelle joined Angles and Jutes kings in an alliance. Beron is the most powerful king, with more than 30,000 men under his command, and over 6,000 to Drythen Krisvk orders. But other kings and lords, as EAFA or Arius, also feature thousands of men.

They have joined with the men who brought Aelle across the sea. Their advance in britons lands covered by several kilometers. In its advance, they leaving villages burned, and bodies for the crows.

The situation has reached a crisis point. Arthur Pendragon has gathered all the men who brought Dunmonia, and allies of the highlands. He is moving eastward to meet to his enemy.
But they are just a few thousand men, too few.

Arthur depends that Romano-British of the old kingdom of Regia and the Britons of Aetia come to your call.

The Dux Ballista has a some thousand men, and Romano-Regia is still a powerful kingdom, despite losses against the Jutes received. It also has Murtagh, a Warlord, which has caused many losses at Anglo kingdom of Mercia. Or Wulfbruk, the last survivor of the fall of the kingdom of Lundein.

Aetia is a young state, forged by a jute who has join to the Britons. It is still a weak state, but their king, Aetius, has fierce warriors, veterans of a thousand campaigns.

Maps and info

Historically: In or around 500-520 AD, the Romano-British kings joined together under a Dux named "Arthur" and inflicted a severe defeat on an invading Anglo army command by Aelle at Mons Badonicus that stopped Anglo-Saxon expansion for the fifty or more years.

Will history repeat itself? or we will change the past?

armstrongmap1769detailriverglen.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D226

Scenario-2.jpg

font: http://www.indiawargamers.com/resources/misc/saga_gallery.html

Battle terrain in Warlords Mode: plain
Size: Big

Attacker: Invasors
Defenders: Britons

Objectives: Destroy the enemy.
Note: The battle will be for 6 rounds. The first round will be for duels between champions, and the other 5 rounds is the main battle. The side that wins three rounds of those five, gets the victory.

DATE

Friday at 19:00 GTM+1

The Armies:

---------
Arthur's Army:

Faction: Glastenic
Commander: Thorgil
Kings: Ballista, Aethel
Lords: Murtagh, Yebenoso and Wulfbruk
Extras: ...

Minimum players need in battle: 5

TOTAL ARMY STRENG POINTS: 50.800

--------

Aelle's Army:

Faction: Anglia
Commander: Adorno
Kings: Beron, Eafa, Arius
Lords: Kirsvk
Extras: ...

Minimum players need in battle: 6

TOTAL ARMY STRENG POINTS: 62.000

-------

Too, each player will have 9.000 coins for items, they need go dress like Warlords.

AID:

-Each side can do 3 questions about terrain, enemy, diplomacy...
-Each side can invite to max 4 Lords (internal campaign players) for join to them in battle if they wish.
-Each side can invite to max 2 mercenaries (external campaign players) for join to them in battle if they wish.

Arturo.jpg
Arthut and Aelle, by Yeyo Balbas, http://yeyobalbas.blogspot.com.es/2010_02_01_archive.html

:oops:  Eh sorry but if friday 19:00 gmt +1 is 15:00 gmt +1 i cant do it, Friday 18:00 gmt +1 would give me two hours and that is enough to play this battle right?

Wulfburk said:
:oops:  Eh sorry but if friday 19:00 gmt +1 is 15:00 gmt +1 i cant do it, Friday 18:00 gmt +1 would give me two hours and that is enough to play this battle right?

your 18:00 are our 22:00, right? 22 isnt good hour, I could try if you are punctual, I mean, we can begin battle at 22:00.
However, it depend of rest players can play or no that hour.

OK  I will be there. I can organise at any time after 1800 GMT+1, Anyway, it would be great, if i know in advance the right time.

Regards, King Beron

again outnumbered - again we will meet them in battle none the less!
friday, 19:00... see you on the battlefield  :twisted:
Arthur

(great announcement Idibil!)

GMT +1 is 9 hours ahead of me (might be 8 due to Daylight savings time stuff), and because I have school now, I don't get home until around
16:00 here which is like 24:00/1:00 GMT +1 . I will only be able to attend on Saturdays and Sundays.
Alternatively, if I'm the only person who can't make it, it's O.K. if you all play without me considering the problems I've caused before.

Also, perfect music for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkC-lgdKeU
(Since it's our apocalypse for this campaign)  :mrgreen:

Aye, it's relevant at least to one side and sounds badass! And come on, kauna means 'wound' and 'fire', that's pretty damn relevant to the fate that awaits you guys :wink:

Well, We have a winner:

AELLE AND THE ANGLES WON!!!

Britannia has been conquered by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes

Congrats to winners. The Britons also made ​​an excellent battle, even though they were at a disadvantage.

Some pictures:

mb38o.jpg

mb36x.jpg

mb35g.jpg

mb34.jpg

mb33t.jpg

mb32q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom