Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I have a question about the campaign coop. I am sure that the devs currently have a lot on their head with bugfixings and making the game stable but i waited soo much for this game and specially for the campaign coop part. That was actually a promised feature but it isnt currently available. I have read some where else that taleworlds will bring it later as a dlc or so. If thats true, i dont mind that, but please dont just add the multiplayer campaign type where you can just join the battle, that is a horrible idea. It would make me regret the money spent on the game. I wanted to play campaign coop with my little brother and see him grow with his own party, that would have been so cool. If campaign coop is too hard for them at least hire or find some people who know how to do this. Please, please, please make the very long dream of coop campaign become true. The game would remain unfinished if coop campaign could not be implemented.

Best regards,
dosbrostacos

I'm sure it'll be modded in. If they got coop working for Skyrim they can figure it out for this game. Modders normally can achieve more then the games do themselves. They are not bound by creative baggage and monetary managements

tbh id be satisfied with the ability to play the game without it crashing every time i try to load a save... let alone play coop
It's only day like 4 so yeah huzah to less crashing at this point. But looking at the long term picture all these things will be fixed and improved. We all wanted coop yeah. But I'm sure they didn't make the decision not to because they have bugs now. They just didn't want to pay people and spend the time to figure it out. It can be done.

I would be more or less happy with an easier to implement shared map vew, access to shops for equipment and being an only-for-battles companion. Like a Foreign Mercenary not occupying companion slot.

Maybe it could be a multiplayer class character with no customization, but I really would like to fight alongside my friend in his campaign and he could do the same in mine.

That feature we be enough to enjoy a shared campaign.

Hopefully they will get to it after theyre done with the bugs and made the game stable. I mean it would be so sick to play campaign in coop, everyone having his own party, raiding together and sieging and walking around. I know that it goes a little bit in a mmo direction but if they could achieve this it would blow everyones minds and also reach new interest groups. Campaign coop is hard to achive because they never really developed something like this but still, if wanted, they could get some devs experts in mmos and bring the game and also - their know how - to the next level.

I was thinking of how nice it would be with a coop option, but I'm not so sure how well this would play considering you can pause and double the time speed of the game. Though I'd settle for a realtime playthrough if I was able to play with someone else.

Side note: Campaign Coop technology is something which could also be implemented in other games from taleworlds once theyve build up the required knowledge. They already have a huge fan pool and the support so why not presenting this idea to the community and listen to them? Listening and responding to the fans (their customers) could make a huge impact on the company. If they want to be succesfull, online marketing is the only way do this - trust me :grin:.
Btw. i also work in a online marketing company, as a web developer :wink:.

Just my humble contribution,

but if it does turn out to be too difficult/impossible to design and implement a full on co-op campaign, I think something similar to the captain mode from multiplayer would be nice.

One person controls the party in the overworld map, controls the interactions yada yada, everything like normal - except during the battles your friend gets to control a group of units or something similar to the sergeant system that's already in the game. (when you battle within an army and take orders from the allied ai lord)

Inappropriate behavior
Guys, "****" your coop. The game has so much potencial, it is good, taleworlds wont waste any ressources for that crap.

Its all about depth, not about casual players wanting beat bandits together.

Guys, "****" your coop. The game has so much potencial, it is good, taleworlds wont waste any ressources for that crap.

Its all about depth, not about casual players wanting beat bandits together.
Calm the hell down, dude. It's only just a suggestion, don't be an ass about it.

If that was in the tech support section, I'd say you're right, but it's not the case.

Last edited:
Coop is something that we have investigated and decided to put to one side. We don't currently have any plans to add it to the game now or in the future.
Have you guys considered chopping down the Captain mode and enabling coop players to control an assigned squad during a battle only? A player that joins your campaign would be like an enlisted soldier (or Sergeant) from their perspective. The mechanics are there...

I get the worry about how time passage works in the game, but I wish we could see it where time is segmented into turns. Co-op players choose their movement first, simultaneously, then must ready up. Unless one of the events that normally slow down the passage happens (like an enemy lord appearing in vision), they will have to stick to whatever they chose. If an aforementioned events happens, at this point it will pause and allow both players to re-choose the rest of their movement then ready-up, or perhaps just the player who ran into the event. Ad-infinitum. Once movement is completed, they can explore any cities they got to, complete any battles, etc, simultaneously. If you're not in a battle or exploring, you can join another player's battle as one of his companions or soldiers, or explore as one of his companions. Once both players end their turn, a new one will begin with movement.

Quests will have to be tied to the player who started it. Number of quests available will have to be increased. For tournaments, if both people are in the same town (or the co-op player is in the town as a companion), it should ask to ready up to begin the fights.

I would just like to be able to have friends join my SP battle as one of my companions. That seems like it could be realistically implemented and I think was a mod in warband.

So people would be mad if there's a co-op option.​
Option means you can or not play with someone. It is a choice made by the players. There is so many people that would like to see co-op in this game. A couple of years ago I read that they wanted to add it to mount & blade II, which is why I bought it.​

For reading that it is not and won't be added, it makes me mad because I was really looking forward to play this game with my friends.. Since I can't, I taught about getting a refund, but the fact that its still in development give me hope that it might change if there's enough PRO-points and demand.
I'm currently a professional Game designer and Game programmer. I am not saying this without knowing whats going in productions. So I will say this:​
It is funny that they do not plan to add the possibility for a co-op to their game. They already have multiplayer mechanics already implemented. Which is what kept their older games alive. Yes people play their campain, but there's not so many people that replay it over and over again, the replay-ability is good since its mostly random, but it gets boring with AIs at some point. Most of the dev theses days think that by implementing some form of co-op means they have to redesign their whole game. And that is only a lazy excuse!
I'm pretty sure that simply offering the possibility to simply have your friend with you in the skirmish in the campain would be enough to satisfy the players that want the co-op mode. After that they could implement new features depending of its impact in the sales, stability of the game, etc.

I read people talking about developing some mods that allows the implementation of co-op in some other games. So technically theses people actually have more dedication towards their game then the devs. I'm pretty sure there are devs in the company that really fought for it and for those I am grateful that you tried. But for the ones that did block theses ideas to come out, I'll stay nice and say they are the rotten fruits of the industry. To come back at the point where people do actually mod the games that they like. Most of the games that can be moded are still alive today and have regular player base. Adding the feature of co-op would also save time to a lot of people to create, find it and then create mods related to that feature. Look at Europa Universalis 4, Crusader kings(1-2), all the Total war. Theses IP are incredible and Mount & blade could easily raise at the top has the best with that feature. If it stays like that, sadly it won't be long until this game's popularity crashes. Sure it will be a nice game, but it will become like all thoses games that we have in our steam library. Simply because of one small detail that would've made the whole difference..​
Also, why focusing on a multiplayer PVPVE if you think the campain isn't worth having a co-op?
Clearly the multiplayer aspect has been added because it is fun! Maybe they don't want to add the co-op because it has never been done. But thats the thing with creating a new game. It is to have new things that the previous ones didn't had! I keep reading that they try to build their game following what the community asks and clearly it is been asked here. And by thoses motivated enough to find this forum, wait a 24h to validate their account, come back and post on it. I don't know about them but that does seem like loyal clients. Which usually would be the kind of people to play a lot, try to invite their friend to play it and dedicate their free time to create free content to add to the game.

To conclude, add the co-op to your game. It is not going to kill it, neither going to lower your sales. It is only a positive addition has long has it is optional. People want it, your devs know how to code online synchronizations since you ALREADY have related features. This game has potential to become one of the best so don't screw up that chance.​

+1 for co-op (doesnt matter if its implemented as all players in 1 wandering party on the map with 1 leading player,
it would still be a big plus for the game.and would at least bring 5-7 of my friend to the game )

Back
Top Bottom