SP MP Campaign Co-Op

Users who are viewing this thread

Would it be possible to port code from the SP into MP and having the host play as the leader while the other players can join in battles and town strolls? In the world map the other players could chat or check notes / inventory etc.

I kind of understand why they would wait doing co-op until the singleplayer is fully done, that way they can dedicate a lot more resources to it. But in the meantime a mod would be epic and something I've been wishing for even since Warband released!

Would it be possible to port code from the SP into MP and having the host play as the leader while the other players can join in battles and town strolls? In the world map, the other players could chat or check notes/inventory etc.
I agree,
Co-op should be the game host as an official party leader, the co-op friend to be like that of a companion who has limited access to game functions. If anything I can foresee this being an easier possibility once the game is completed and Talesworld having more time to shift manhours into.

Taleworlds dropping co-op is complete hearsay, they never made an official statement that they stopped working on it, so all of these rumours are just that- literal vapor.

I just hope you don't pour tons of hours into making this mod and then eventually finding out that a group of good coders have been working on it since before you started, and are incorporating it into the main release whenever that happens. You would be better off making sure first before wasting your time, since this project will be far more time-consuming than any of you guys imagine. But hey, to each his own, it's just one man's opinion, do with it as you please.

Good luck.

Rraw4x4.png

LITERAL VAPOR

LITERAL VAPOR

...and it was vapor 2 weeks (and before that) ago when I posted that comment. Now you are quoting something Callum said 10 days later, finally breaking TW's silence on the co-op matter. Congratulations on being a retard that doesn't grasp timeline context.

Lol, what a chump.

...and it was vapor 2 weeks (and before that) ago when I posted that comment. Now you are quoting something Callum said 10 days later, finally breaking TW's silence on the co-op matter. Congratulations on being a retard that doesn't grasp timeline context.

Lol, what a chump.

That post is from April 2nd, chump.

I have just started the a project of multiplayer support for campaign. We can play Bannerlord with our friends from LAN.
I'm going to notice you about devblog in this post and my twitter account.
You can check it

The cooperative mode is my maximum illusion since always, I hope you are lucky and manage to complete the project.

For my part, I have read all the possible posts and opinions on the subject and if you need help to focus on various problems (such as real time or starting speed) I can try to help you if you wish.

Also if you need to test the content, I can help you too.

As key points, I think the anticheat system is something you don't have to worry about because, as I have seen, people want cooperative to play with their friends, not to have a "Multiplayer Campaign" (which would be nice, of course, but not the initial intention).

As I have seen, and I can be wrong, the general idea that users present is a cooperative system that allows, in the same game, that the host and a friend can each have their own army. For example, I conquer city A and my friend conquers city B or protects me or helps me conquer city A.

Playing as "partner" I think it would be tremendously boring because everything depends on the host, the best would be to try to find some "independence"
I do not know if what I present will be possible, I trust your criteria and skills.

Please do not argue, we all want the cooperative campaign mode to be able to play together with our families and friends, we have to be together fighting to achieve that purpose.

I agree,
Co-op should be the game host as an official party leader, the co-op friend to be like that of a companion who has limited access to game functions. If anything I can foresee this being an easier possibility once the game is completed and Talesworld having more time to shift manhours into.

Not necessarily. Both could play on the map and whenever one enters a battle the other player will play the battle with him, being able to chose a role.

I am curious to how this will work. I am hoping for one where you create a sandbox and invite friends to it. It saves your data (position, troops, etc.), and still allows the people you have invited to play. Either that or once the owner leaves, it closes the server (which is probably more likely). Maybe where everyone can have their own army…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom