Campaign battle performance

Users who are viewing this thread

stava88

Regular
I have a computer that is very close to the recommended settings. However, during campaign battles of any size, I have absolutely terrible performance that pretty much makes them unplayable. It does not happen in custom battles at all, even when it's 500 vs 500.
Anybody noticed it or even better, found a solution to this?

Really? What version are you on? Personally I used to have horrible lags here and there during battles - massive frame rate drops once the scrum ensues, and sieges were... well... a slide show. Now, after patch 1.4, the game runs so smooth, so fluid, I feel like I could almost drink it. I actually increased battle size after 1.4 with no downgrade in performance. Though, I do have an i9 processor.

I have a computer that is very close to the recommended settings. However, during campaign battles of any size, I have absolutely terrible performance that pretty much makes them unplayable. It does not happen in custom battles at all, even when it's 500 vs 500.
Anybody noticed it or even better, found a solution to this?
Did you turn off report casualties?

I just removed all the indicators, turned everything to the lowest setting and there's some improvement but it's still so slow compared to huge custom battles.

I just removed all the indicators, turned everything to the lowest setting and there's some improvement but it's still so slow compared to huge custom battles.
What improved things most for me is upgrading to 16gb ram and getting ssd. I have no proof but sometimes I feel like there’s a memory leak in game after reloading to many saves

Not sure what your exact issue is. However, I had issues where battles would get slow and or freeze up when troops mass retreated or mass died.
My issue appeared to be with VSync. I had to set VSync to full and set use VSync on. Not quite sure, but that seemed to work.

Back
Top Bottom