campaign battle bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Thorgil

Squire
while Arthurs battle vs the saxons the following occured:

1. either i had an army and fought naked (no horse, no armour, no sword...) OR i was equipped and had no army.
btw: the new thing about equipping a lord or king with separated money (means it doesnt effect the number of troops you get) is great Idibil. thank you for that.

2. the army composition was not the one i choose. i didnt choose archers or cantabrians - but got both of them. Adorno also said his composition was wrong.

3. the troop composition balance: sometimes i had 2 inf plus 20 archers at beginning of battle, but happend very seldom though.

... its really hard to play under these conditions, throws you out of concentration somehow.

Thorgil said:
while Arthurs battle vs the saxons the following occured:

1. either i had an army and fought naked (no horse, no armour, no sword...) OR i was equipped and had no army.
btw: the new thing about equipping a lord or king with separated money (means it doesnt effect the number of troops you get) is great Idibil. thank you for that.

2. the army composition was not the one i choose. i didnt choose archers or cantabrians - but got both of them. Adorno also said his composition was wrong.

3. the troop composition balance: sometimes i had 2 inf plus 20 archers at beginning of battle, but happend very seldom though.

... its really hard to play under these conditions, throws you out of concentration somehow.

1,2, 3 Fixed

anyway, how does it work now? you a budget for the OWN equipment, separated from the budget for troops, right?
how much money do you have for the own equipment then?

Beron said:
anyway, how does it work now? you a budget for the OWN equipment, separated from the budget for troops, right?
how much money do you have for the own equipment then?

right.
i had 6000. i could afford an armour (round 1100), gloves (200), a horse (2000), a good sword (800?), a shield (...), a spear and a horn. with it.
6000 sounds much, but for british lords its not enough to also buy a helmet from (which i dont care), so 6000 is good, less would be to few.

the only thing i´m still concered about:
if there is/ or was a bug considering the type of troop you get (bug nr. 2, see above), can we be sure there isnt a bug about the amount of troops you get?
i dont know, its hard to say for the player - could be still all right - but somehow i had the feeling i had a bit few troops for the money i invested (which was pretty much)... but i´m sure Idibil has an overview on this issue.

plus: battles could be a bit bigger for my taste. mostly you fight with approximatly 25 men vs 25 men. probably its to keep game fluid and working, ... but a bit bigger battles would be definitely cooler i think.

summary: of course there are bugs, and of course there could be optimizations (like an ingame calender e.g. where everyone sees what time movement phase ends, icons which province belongs to whom and so on), but:
thank you Idibil for providing us with such a cool and tensioning campaign! we have absolutely fun (its a bit of chess, a bit of roleplay, its just so cool), the only thing you have is work - and still you are so passionate about it. muchas gracias for that compadre! thumbs up for Idibil gentlemen!

AAAAAAAHHHHH

I had 6000 also for the troops, so i did not understand Idibil in game as he said, i have 6000... the answer was for the equipment and not for the troops.  :lol:

IDIBIL SORRY!!!!!
:mrgreen:

I add my compliments to the ones of Thorgil, Idibil is doing a monstrous job, the campaign is absolutely the best gaming experience since my last online grand campaign in 2008, with medieval II Totalwar.

Hurrah for Idibil!!!!

I'm very pleased that the bugs and issues have mostly been solved. The campaign has been a continual enjoyment, and I hope to keep playing these in the future. I cant thank Idibil enough for the hard work he has put in creating, organising and progressing the game for all of us - it's a great kindness :smile:

Back
Top Bottom