CAMOUFLAGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Goulashnikov said:
Well, there's the American Pattern 42, which is convertible between green foliage and sandy tan. Then there's the Finnish M62 convertible between deep woodland and snow. And to top it off, there's the German Erbsenmuster from 1944.

P42_jkt_brn.jpg
$_35.JPG
6412946.jpg

Huh. Well I guess that makes a lot more sense than carrying an entire extra kit. :lol:
Also interesting how the camo in untitled's post uses white alongside all the other generic boreal colours.

Oh, we have that too. Not sure how common it is, and how often they have to do repaints.  :dead:

1280px-Infanterikanonvagn_91.jpg

DSC_3302.jpg

Sometimes I want to join the army and be on the front line in a european war just to see how camoflage actually functions. What sort of range is a tank going to be engaging at for them to have camoflage that large? Why does a tank need camo at all?

Genuine questions btw.

You tell me.  :iamamoron:
p03ny4b2.jpg

I guess it's mostly made for air units, instead of having to use netting and the likes.

Air units? You mean flying tanks? Communism truly brings progress.

Also, to clarify, we do use the white thin overalls over summer gear as well.
14294963_552445144950958_6141262484012531712_n.jpg

The outfit in my previous post is generally used only when resting, as it is very warm.

Jacobhinds said:
Sometimes I want to join the army and be on the front line in a european war just to see how camoflage actually functions. What sort of range is a tank going to be engaging at for them to have camoflage that large? Why does a tank need camo at all?

Genuine questions btw.
pjgXSP7.jpg
In theory, tanks could engage eachother from over a kilometre or two away, so applying foliage/camo would at least make them harder to hit if spotted in the first place. Also being hard to spot for enemy attack aircraft is a good thing.

Jacobhinds said:
What sort of range is a tank going to be engaging at for them to have camoflage that large? Why does a tank need camo at all?
The visible spectrum is still very important for identifying targets, especially if you're infantry. The 'Barracuda' camouflage I linked earlier is multi-spectral.
Angelsachsen said:
tumblr_n4clnaih1Y1skaxu8o1_1280.jpg
Whilst camouflaging in the visible spectrum, it also tries to do it for infrared, radar, and millimetre-wave radar imaging (such as in rangefinders).

Его Высокопревосходительство said:
2.99 at Walmart. Perfect for the daughter who wants to play with the boys but is too insecure about her femininity to be practical.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom