CAMOUFLAGE

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the official statement was "The Moro is designed to break up the outline of the soldier and cause a disoriented sight", it's just very regrettable that they picked black/grey/blue-grey and white.

Also, that canteen/water bottle hanging from the back of the webbing will beat your ass as you walk. I've used it myself in the outdoors.

t. Gest "Numb-Butt" Ricius.

fdb39068-f417-4b65-a9a9-7fd588554ebc_1.8d25688833ac5ef3954c01c0939196b5.jpeg

During WWI, the US navy were not especially proud of this camouflage they ordered to have to their ships, but I think those were very artistic and nice:

20110611_STP502.jpg

d6db1075d65f6e1c00a37579c71fae1e.jpg

2014-07-29-Tobias-R-S.White_.jpg

18sx21fhdhimzjpg.jpg

main-qimg-0a3aef0fadc926878940c08b9a84ff59

The idea was to have so complex paintings on their ships that the enemy wouldn't recognize the direction the ship was going to or how far the ship is sailing. That is very crucial information if you wanna send some torpedos.

jacobhinds said:
Is that supposed to hide you from mosquitoes or something? :lol: The pattern vanishes after like a few metres.
Oh god. It gets worse. MUCH WORSE.

The Polish Prison Guards during the PRL (or PRP in English) were issued a purple rendition of the Moro pattern.

f29b9d5b99ce65aa.jpg
First is for firemen (lol?), second is prison guard, third is police and citizen guard, fourth is police and correctional, fifth is ground forces, sixth and seventh are probably experimental ones.

mora.jpg

Number 6 looks like a 1970s out-on-the-town shirt. The rest look like solid flat colours.

I would love to hear what the rationale is for this kind of micro-camo. They do appear a tiny bit disorienting and the shape is a little hard to parse, but nowhere near enough for it to make practical sense.

woah dood

did you just

did just talk **** about the strichtarn (aka rain-drop camo)

First produced by the Poles in 1958, I thought that one was a experimental one at first, but apparently it was just the first rendition.

Camopedia said:
Although unquestionably influenced by WW2 German camouflage designs such as Splittermuster (splinter pattern) and Sumpfmuster (marsh pattern), it was Poland that fielded the first design that has come to be known as "rain" pattern. This design series is known officially as the wz58 Deszczyk (raindrop). Distinguished from the WW2 designs by the simplicity of incorporating only densely concentrated lines or "rain straits" over a solid-colored field, the design actually has limited functionality as camouflage and from a distance probably serves no greater purpose than would a solid-colored uniform. Nevertheless, several other countries in the Warsaw Pact developed their own versions of the rain pattern, (most notably East Germany), and a number of insurgent movements are known to have utilized the patterns over the years. The original Polish design is a heavy pattern of dark brown rain straits on a brownish-green or blue-grey background (two variants are documented, often referred to as "brown" and "grey" variations). Although the rain straits are generally thinner than those found in patterns from other Warsaw Pact nations, some versions with thick rain straits have also been documented.

Sadly it doesn't mention much on the Moro pattern.  :sad:

Well, there's the American Pattern 42, which is convertible between green foliage and sandy tan. Then there's the Finnish M62 convertible between deep woodland and snow. And to top it off, there's the German Erbsenmuster from 1944.

P42_jkt_brn.jpg
$_35.JPG
6412946.jpg

Jacobhinds said:
Tangential question: what do soldiers do for camo in environments where the colour of the landscape might change dramatically from day to day? Are there any cases where a squadron might carry multiple camoflage sets and switch them out if it snows, for example?

We carry our ''whites'' and wear e'm depending on how much snow there is.

Untitled. said:
Same. We also have this:

Inttistore+M05+pakkastakki+-5468.jpg
M05%20Stinger.jpg

And what happens when the enemy napalms all your forests and the snow melts? You'll look like IDIOTS. The Finnish Defence Forces is woefully ill-prepared for modern warfare.

Goulashnikov said:
Hmm. We still use a very thin coverall over our camo.  :???:

20160306_anttho01_CR16_5102_8189.jpg

That's what our whites are. We're ready for modern warfare, for if the snow melts, we can remove the whites. ALWAYS READY!

Back
Top Bottom