Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
Summary: There is no way to move the camera around while talking to characters in visit mode in settlements while using the controller. In contrast the player can use the mouse to move the camera around by holding the right click on the mouse to move the camera angle around to get different perspectives and angles, this is help in case the player wants to change the view because the game spawns them in an odd spot that causes the camera to clip. Also this difference in the use of a controller make the experience of using the controller more limited than using a mouse and keyboard. The controller settings are almost perfectly ergonomic except for things like this which can be a turn off to players on consoles.
How to Reproduce: Visit a character in a settlement and attempt to use the controller to move the camera with many button combinations with either the left or right joystick.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related): Any and all settlements
Media
Computer Specs: my computer specs are in my signature. I tested this on two different computers one Windows 11 and the other Linux Mint
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
I tested this in 1.0.3. and in 1.1.0. The video was recorded on the machine with Windows 11 and 1.0.3.
I load into the town and I can not move the camera while using the controller but I can with the mouse. Notices how the interface changes showing when I changed from the controller to the mouse. Its a missing element while using the controller. The controller settings in Bannerlord are almost there but there are a few things like this that are too different from using the mouse. Combat with the controller is actually very good and comfortable it just has a learning curve. And for the battle orders the interface must be set to the radial commands and interface which the game doesn't suggestion this just in case the player had unintended settings for the commands interface but after having the settings for the commands set up it works well. It may not be obvious to use the stick to point to orders on the radial but other wise it works very well.

Back
Top Bottom