Came back from a break. An opinion about the death system

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, dudes.

The last time I played Bannerlord, it was patch 1.4.x. I felt the game was too unfinished and decided to wait out a bit.

Fast forward some odd months, here I am playing 1.5.6.

I've liked the changes so far, notably the ability to grand fief, a new brother & sister, troop rebalances, perk rework, as well as the ability to marry your brother to a noblewoman. The list goes on.

Now, I do have some thoughts about the death system. I do not reject the concept but I feel it needs tweaking.

First of all, I'd like to see NPCs get crippled instead of just straight death (chance based, death or crippled). What this should allow is that crippled nobles cannot partake in battles but can still govern settlements as well as still being able to reproduce. This way, if your family member gets crippled sadly, you can still use them to govern and reproduce.

Secondly, I feel the death rate is a little high. Within 20 hours of game play, I am starting to see low two digit death. Since it takes a really long time for babies to come out of age, the scale seems unbalanced.

Anyhow, it's good that to see that the game is moving in a right direction.

Supposedly, the current death rate chance is 'deliberately' set too high, for data gathering/testing purposes, and is intended to be cut from a 10% to a 2% chance.

I've also returned, after a shorter break (1.5.3/1.5.4 > 1.5.7) and there are definitely improvements in the overall feel and pacing of the game, though some improvements still to be made.

They plan to lower the death rate like red said (10% down to 1-2%) and implement it for AI vs AI simulated battles

No word on if they want to implement "wounds"

Soon™

Good to know that the chance is going to come down. I was getting scared there.

I restarted with death/birth disabled for now.

Back
Top Bottom