Calradia: Mayhem and Magic RP Interest Check

Users who are viewing this thread

yulgar

Squire
So, this is a generic high fantasy, no holds barred, god mode Play-By-Post RP the only rule being you can’t kill the other players that want to take part in this. I’m gonna call this RP Calradia: Mayhem and Magic. The only thing I ask is that you stick to the fantasy theme. I don’t want mechas in my RP dammit! There are NO MIXED RACES either. It’s physiologically impossible to have a half elf, half orc, etc in this RP. Also want to point out that there is going to be some insane parallels between this and Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, and a host of other most beloved fantasy material out there. I don’t care how troppe-y it is. I wanted this to be a fun fantasy and to help get other people, myself included, back into writing. I’m sick and tired of being bored.

There can and will be the traditional fantasy races in this RP. Current climate is: The dwarves have taken over the Taiga, building into the mountains. The dwarves dug too deeply and caused the dragons to wake from beneath the earth.

The men of Calradia have put aside their petty faction warfare and banded together to thwart the orc and goblin hordes that are invading Calradia from the sea. Apparently the horde have overrun the nordlands decimating every man, woman and child. It seems the men of Calradia are the last bastion of defense against the hordes.

The men of Calradia have taken the Southern half of Calradia from the Bezan Sea in the Rhodok Highlands east all the way to Barriye in the Sardak Desert and beyond. Two great kingdoms arose: the kingdom of Jelkala and the kingdom of Ahmerrad. While tensions are certainly high, both kingdoms agree the greenskin hordes are the greater threat and try to work together. An amount of peace between the two kingdoms has lasted for twenty years.

Other lands beyond Calradia include Geroia and Balion. Geroia houses races of the fae including elves, halflings, nyads, dryads, merpeople, ents, etc. Balion houses some of the darker creaturs like were-creatures, giants, and whatever else people can think up that would fit that kind of setting.

I’m looking for about five or six people to RP with. If there is a greater interest in this than what I have in mind, I’d be more than happy to allow a second thread. At this point this is just a brainstorm and an interest check. I see a lot of RP’s never taking off. Wanted to use something easy that everyone knows and loves. Let me know what you think lads and ladies!

Edit: Map referenced was Calradia 1267!

Heh, sounds like fun.  But I'm already playing on two forum based games, and recently signed up for star wars d6.  But it'll be good to follow this one.  See how this goes. 

How many people do we actually need to have in order to do this?  Could we have 3 people do the bulk of the story telling with others joining in from time to time?  I think Teo's thread kinda proves that all you need is 2 people to keep it alive, with others coming in to liven it up.

Back
Top Bottom