SP Native Calradia Map Makeover

Users who are viewing this thread

duinnin

Regular
Calradia Map Makeover

map.png

This mod is a result of my learning to use Thorgrim's Map Editor and tweaking the layout of the Native map to my personal taste.  I created additional lakes and rivers, mountains, hills and plenty more forest.  The landscape doesn't seem nearly as barren now.  On top of editing the terrain, I relocated most towns, castles and villages to accomodate my terrain changes and my own vision of Calradia.

I created this strictly for my own enjoyment, and decided I would share it in case anyone wants to check it out, so don't expect any future releases, updates, etc.  I am certain I am done with it as-is unless some obvious gameplay issues arise.  I am looking forward to the release of Mount & Blade 1.0 before I partake in any future mod projects.

PHOTOS

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1. Backup the Native folder within Mount&Blade/Module/ or at least backup map.txt and parties.txt.

2. Unzip map.txt and parties.txt into your Native folder,  or any mod that uses an unmodified Native map.

3. Load game and play.

Enjoy!

Good job.
I wonder if it's possible to add another material to Calradia map?
There should be wheat fields around villages and cities.
And maybe different kind of battle map (haystacks/scarecrows instead of trees, different border around battlefield, flat terrain and different ground textures.)
Also swamps maybe, but that's probably too much:smile:

Excellent work! I even think every mod using the native map should utilise this.

Great visuals and landscape, bandit spawning locations and faction placement.

The forests in Rhodock territory and Dhirim's strategic placement are for the time being my most favourite changes. Again, good work and thanks!

I will definetely try out your map makeover as soon as possible.

It would be pure awesomeness if you could add at least some of the pieces suggested here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37815.0.html

As for my personal suggestion, If you could make the road network more prononced and actually have it connect all the cities and villages, it would greatly improve the way native map works, removing a bit of the artificial emptiness.

First mod i added and its great it does just what u say in the sense of making it look less baron.

I like specters idea of roads though to build on that i think maybe roads between warring factions should be like deteriorated or more grassy again or even non-existent, while roads between peaceful factions should be like dirt tracks and the roads in a factions lands should look paved. that being if you decide to progress with this and if you can i think (suddenly i forget the term) map this (as in programming it to change).

thanks for listening and sorry for bad punctuation

is this alright to use on the mod im making, beacuse this map is so so so so so much better then the native one :mrgreen:

Hey! The map looks great! Very good placement of settlements 'n stuff :wink:

And one thing I always wanted, is the nords to live in the snowy place (Because I alwaysthink of the nords as tough guys who lives in snowy and mountainus places :wink: )

I love this mod, it greatly enhances the gameplay and makes the map so much more realistic with territory boundaries being landmarks, castles guarding passes/chokepoints, etc.

Pretty darn awesome, though sadly it doesn't work with a previous savegame. It loads alright, and the new terrain is there, but not the new settlement placement, which produces some pretty weird results, like cities in the middle of lakes or villages on top of mountains.  :sad:

Ringwraith #5 said:
Pretty darn awesome, though sadly it doesn't work with a previous savegame. It loads alright, and the new terrain is there, but not the new settlement placement, which produces some pretty weird results, like cities in the middle of lakes or villages on top of mountains.  :sad:

lol ran into that problem when I swapped up my parties file to the old one by accident, its quite amusing seeing some towns ruling from the tops of mountains and some villages unreachable.

aye funny results but otherwise quite annoying because one of the unreachable towns was my fiefdom when i added the mod... so i started again no big thing though is it

I like the look of the map, but it seems like there is almost no "flat" area now- I tend to favor plains as my battleground, and it seems like almost every square inch of land in this map is hilly or rugged.

I agree with the hilly or rugged, should be more flats. I also think the Khergit places needs to have the trees reduced (or bunched up around the water holes) and the plains flattened for a more steppe look.

But I still prefer it over Native.

Awesome mod, but one question, is there a way to rescue my save? I've put like 30 hours into my character and most of my quests are for castles/towns stationed in space.

Are town positions parties.txt or ... that other... file?

Hi by the way. New guy here.

Fuzzy Melon said:
Awesome mod, but one question, is there a way to rescue my save? I've put like 30 hours into my character and most of my quests are for castles/towns stationed in space.

Are town positions parties.txt or ... that other... file?

Hi by the way. New guy here.

You can export your Char, but I believe you will need to start  new game to have this work properly.

Back
Top Bottom