B Native Fantasy Calradia in Darkness 1.2 (for Native & Brytenwalda mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Calradia in Darkness v.1.2 (+Brytenwalda adaptation)
Retexturing for Native Warband and Brytenwalda mod
This modification DOES NOT increase the load on the graphics card!
Updated 25.09.2011
darkcalradiabig.jpg

Dark Medieval Times in Calradia
Screenshots:
0gwarband001j

warband002.jpg

warband003.jpg

warband004.jpg

warband005.jpg

warband006.jpg

warband007.jpg

warband008.jpg

warband009.jpg

warband010.jpg

warband011.jpg

warband012.jpg

warband013.jpg

warband014.jpg

warband015.jpg

warband016.jpg

warband018.jpg

warband019.jpg
But seriously - I just moved Calradia from Turkey to the north of Europe. Submod well suited as a dark fantasy mod of "Gothic" or "LOTR" style, and for historical mods about Scotland, Scandinavia, Denmark, North of Rus etc. Almost complete textures replacement!
I did what I wanted - the maximum change of the game view with a very simple installation, without changing any text file, scenes, models, and interior settings. The mode easily compatible with anything! Simply replace the textures!
Download:
Installation - no more easiest  :grin::
1. Make backups of the folder called "Textures" in your Warband or mod location.
2. Unzip the archive, copy and paste all files from "Textures" folder to "Textures" folder of your Warband or mod location. When asked if you want to overwrite, press "Yes to all".
But... :wink:
If you want to add Horizons like this:
expandedhorizons01.jpg

expandedhorizons02.jpg

expandedhorizons03.jpg

expandedhorizons04.jpg
(This insructions ONLY for NOT INSTALLED "Expanded Horizons"! Brytenwalda have this submod!)
1. Make backup of "module.ini" file in your Native or mod folder.
2. Open up the "module.ini" and search for the following lines:
load_resource = terrain_borders
load_resource = terrain_borders_b
and replace them both with:
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_textures
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_materials
load_resource = op_terrain_borders
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_b
(If you see this lines in "ini" file, so "Expanded Horizons" already installed, and you can just replace textures!)
and save the file.
3. Paste 4 files from "Expanded Horizons" folder to "CommonRes" folder of your Native or mod folder:
op_terrain_borders.brf
op_terrain_borders_b.brf
op_terrain_borders_materials.brf
op_terrain_borders_textures.brf
And if you want more and bigger flowers like this:
moreflowers.jpg
1. Make backups of 2 files - "grass_meshes.brf" and "grass_meshes_b.brf" in "CommonRes" folder of your Native or mod folder.
2. Paste 2 files from "More Flowers & Taller Grass" folder - "grass_meshes.brf" and "grass_meshes_b.brf" to "CommonRes" folder of your Native or mod folder. When asked if you want to overwrite, press "Yes to all".
But if you want to slightly change the look of the game, not changing anything radically:
Movie BW View mod is for You! :grin:
If You want to unistall my modification of crossfire from "Rus XIII Century" mod, restore "ui_gadgets.dds" file from Native "Textures" folder (previosly saved by You).
This mod ("CiD") with "Polished Landscapes" is uncluded in Brytenwalda - Graphic Mod Pack (CiD+PL) 1.37
CiD with "Brytenwalda" mod SCREENS:
brytdark1.jpg

brytdark12.jpg

brytdark14.jpg

brytdark10.jpg

brytdark11.jpg

brytdark13.jpg

cid3z.jpg

cid4.jpg

brytdark4.jpg

brytdark6.jpg

brytdark8.jpg
CiD with "Brytenwalda" mod VIDEO:
CiD with "Kengeki Gaiden" mod (field of flowers) VIDEO:

Adorno said:
Looks great, but first I have to try out those lovely flowers  :smile:

EDIT: They actually don't look bad in this gloomy world. Love the skyboxes.

For a minute there i thought i was looking at oblivion, which must obviously mean that this mod is epic.

It looks very nice, I like everything I saw except for the desert/Sarranid types of houses maybe. They are way too dark now, the original sand-like colour suited them better.  But as Brytenwalda doesn't have buildings like that it will surely be epic with it.

I started using this (When it was Movie MB View instead of Calradia in Darkness) in some mods, after a little, I started using this directly changing my native folder  :lol:

The only problem with this is that some faces are messed...

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Can you show screenshots? Do you mean the pale face colour with red'ish spots?

There's one texture I dislike, and it's this thatched roof texture:
Looks like a bunch of straws randomly thrown together when it should be more linear:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Marketplace/636424?id=636424&slug=Marketplace
http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=34743

Can I take this and suit it in the mod I'm making?
Yes. Shure. You can do what you want with tis mod... :grin:
anyway to put it on mbrepository?
I don'n know how I can do it...Sorry :cry:
I like everything I saw except for the desert/Sarranid types of houses maybe. They are way too dark now, the original sand-like colour suited them better.
Sorry, but I try remove big difference between "sandy" and "nothern" textures. It's not god to see white walls in dark castles and dark walls in desert castles...
There's one texture I dislike, and it's this thatched roof texture:
Hm...I like this texture, but I will try to fix it soon...For realism.
And one more - some Brytenwalda textures are too light in this dark world. Want you I fix it or don't touch this mod?  :grin:

CHUR said:
And one more - some Brytenwalda textures are too light in this dark world. Want you I fix it or don't touch this mod?  :grin:
I think it looks great in Brytenwalda. There are a few white Roman houses that are bright, like this:

But apart from that I don't see any problems. No big need to fix anything  :smile:

Adorno said:
Leberecht Reinhold said:
Can you show screenshots? Do you mean the pale face colour with red'ish spots?

Yes, that one. You can see screenshots of that in the example screenshots, specially in the swadian guy.

And the Roman houses, I think they are bright because they use Brytenwalda textures, maybe? Not sure

Amazing! I really enjoyed the screenys.
Only thing I would rework are the horizons. They seem too bright and colorful
compared to the rest of the world.

Back
Top Bottom