B Native Fantasy Calradia in Darkness 1.2 (for Native & Brytenwalda mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for you words! :grin: And one more - people says about bug: some computers cannot open horizons files:
op_terrain_borders_textures
op_terrain_borders_materials
op_terrain_borders
op_terrain_borders_b
If that, you can uninstall it - replace in "modile.ini" lines
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_textures
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_materials
load_resource = op_terrain_borders
load_resource = op_terrain_borders_b
to lines
load_resource = terrain_borders
load_resource = terrain_borders_b
and play without horizons :cry:

Did you ever get repository upload permission?

If not I can upload it for you! This needs to be seen by everyone!!

Did you retexture the skin of characters? Some of my companions have pale reddish faces right now.

Edit: Fixed it. Just need to remove the textures starting with manface.

CHUR said:
Thanks for you words! :grin: And one more - people says about bug: some computers cannot open horizons files:
op_terrain_borders_textures
op_terrain_borders_materials
op_terrain_borders
op_terrain_borders_b
I had this error too, but after little tinkering I found what was wrong.

To work correctly I had to install the above "op_terrain_borders_*.brf" files into the mod resource directory, not into the games CommonRes.

Therefore it is necessery to change the lines in "module.ini" like this:

load_mod_resource = op_terrain_borders_textures
load_mod_resource = op_terrain_borders_materials
load_mod_resource = op_terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = op_terrain_borders_b

now I can enjoy your beautyful addition! Thanks.

CHUR said:
Ah, yes! ALL Nothern Europe looks like this photo ALWAYS! Any places in any weather... :grin: :grin: :grin: I'm sure - you can find lots of photos, proving that Europe looks like in my mod too :wink: It's just a game, do not need to start meaningless disputes...

Living in Denmark and having been on vacations in Norway quite a few times, I can say that it isn't all that grim, actually. :razz: (Well, it is right now, but I have more memories of brighter sceneries than this. ^^)
Anyways, I still love the textures and I think I'll update my copy of Brytenwalda just to put it to proper usage. :smile:

Can you somehow add a slight variation in that the sun sometimes also shines? Having clouds all the time is not realistic so if you know of any trick maybe I can change this by myself.

Yamchu said:
Your mod looks great BUT
ive got some rgl errors when using it with the new brytenwalda version

unable to open textures/op-plains-far.dds

this just happens when I start in angle sax starting area.

I tried to start somewhere else and no error.

Any idea why this happens? The file is in the folder, has the right size, I made no changes in the module.ini regarding this specific file.

i have the same error. any solutions?

The installation instructions for this mod are very inadequate.

Perhaps this has to do with version conflicts, OS, or a particular quirk of installing this to the Brytenwalda mod, but as is it stands this mod causes texture not found errors when loading combat sequences.

And where did you find the "CommonRes" folder in your Brytenwalda folder?

"Paste 4 files from "Expanded Horizons" folder to 'CommonRes' folder of your Native or mod folder"

There is no such sub-folder in the stated locations. I'm left to make an educated guess. It's an easy fix, it just needs doing.

Commonres is the 'resource' folder in Brytenwalda (where the brf. files are). Remember to backup before fiddling around with it  :smile:
I just installed this in the root directory, so to speak, and didn't change anything with the mod.

Adorno said:
Commonres is the 'resource' folder in Brytenwalda (where the brf. files are). Remember to backup before fiddling around with it  :smile:
I just installed this in the root directory, so to speak, and didn't change anything with the mod.

I figured it out easily enough. Just thought I'd point out that the instructions, as they are, require guesswork.

I'm pretty sure I had to change the syntax on the "load_resource = " lines to "load_mod_resource = " to get it to work when installing the .brf files to the Brytenwalda resouce folder though.

I'll revisit my installation steps within the next couple of days just to make sure, as there have been posts noting the "unable to open textures/op-plains-far.dds" error.

Back
Top Bottom