SP Native Calradia Expanded - Extra Settlements, Changed World Map & Roads! + more

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.4

Drezavelt

Recruit

kLGKcOm.png

O779JSo.png

7ojypJy.png

Kt57tNb.png

W
elcome to Calradia Expanded. This mod adds an extra 14 Towns, 8 Castles and 77 Villages. It also relocates many vanilla towns, castles and villages onto other locations for them to make more sense. For example a castle defending a pass rather than at the arse end of nowhere. It also attempts to move village resources into sensible geographical locations. Also, since a1.1.0 the worlds terrain has been altered in many places.

There are still blank/empty areas that I have left as vanilla. Hopefully they will become bandit hotspots for some good XP farming.

This is the first stage of a project that will hopefully remake and expand Calraida into a better and more awesome place to spend your hours. The next stage after this is to have around 14 Kingdoms total with each or most having their own culture and troop trees. For example, the Nords in the north and Greeks in the south west.

Hopefully once the extra Kingdoms are added a third stage will be started that will add in extra features.

Empire Roads Update Calradia Expanded a.1.1.1
A massive thank you to the following for helping me with the trailer for this update. The folks at the 425th Cadian MI (Arma 3 Milsim unit): Streaky Haddock, Father Galahad and Jay Silver. Hillasaurus Rex for doing the voice over and TheCakeBulter for mixing the terrible singing we all did, RIP their ears.

What else is in this update? Well, roads, lots of roads. These roads are purely visual at the moment but we hope to make them give a boost in speed in the future. Also we have demi villages added in, these again are purely visual just to bring the world to life a little more.

• Ataconia castle has been renamed to Potamis castle due to the village of Potamis being moved.
  • The village of Phasos has also moved to a more suitable geographical location also so the road works better and to be closer to its owning town.
  • Medeni Castle fix - Unfortunately parties were unable to enter or exit this castle due to a Navmesh issue, this is now fixed and any stuck parties can leave and it basically works as it should now.
  • Flotois and Kavloniki have been adjusted to level 1 and prosperity lowered substantially due to their location.
  • A new pass to Revyl has been added in as the AI was going to long way around to get into the town.
  • A new bridge by Nideon village has been added in as it makes sense for one to be there rather than villages going miles to get into a town.

PLEASE WATCH THE TRAILER FOR THIS UPDATE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON CONTINUING A CAMPAIGN
    Click here and watch it, it will give you instructions on how not to have some issues later on.

Mod Tool Update Calradia Expanded a1.1.0
big thank you goes out to Hrørikr who helped me with a bug that I thought was going to end the project. Thanks also go out to Gauner, Basileus and The Speaker who have helped greatly in making this mod from the start.

Version a1.1.0 Well, this version is the first released following the mod tools being released to us, below is a quick list of points.

Alignment: I hope most things are now aligned to the ground. So no more sinking towns or floating buildings. This goes for things that I added in the previous versions as for the bits TaleWorlds made.

Navmesh rework: Basically I have rebuilt/tweaked 60 to 70% of the navmesh, this is what the AI use to navigate around the place. Also its what dictates, to some regard, what type of battle terrain your fights are taken part in. If you are flanked on the main map by woods and fight you should be on a scene with woods on either side.

New paths: I've opened up some areas and generally tarted the map up. So while before you were running up the side of a mountain over a rocky river crossing now you will climb a nice path with a wall and you crossed a study bridge. Also there are now more blocking areas of terrain which will lead to more interesting chases of enemy armies and bandits, meaning you can trap them in a valley and cut them down like dogs.. but also you need to be aware of where you are running so you don't get trapped yourself!

Position changes: As the mod tools give more freedom I have now moved some of the settlements around a bit more to nicer areas.

ObPHQTw.png

Manual - extract the rar file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules folder. Done
Or magically via Vortex.

Compatibility:
I play with a plethora of mods (see the Nexus page) and have had no issue. I would imagine any mod that adds settlements or moves existing ones around won't work with this one and vice versa. Same goes for mods that change the settlements.xml in general.

This mod is currently NOT save game compatible, you are required to have a fresh playthrough. If you remove this mod the save will stop working.

This mod was made and tested using the stable branch of Bannerlord.

VRNaQXD.png

Before North Empire - 6 Towns - 9 Castles - 32 Villages
After North Empire - 6 Towns - 9 Castles - 37 Villages

Before South Empire - 7 Towns - 8 Castles - 34 Villages
After South Empire - 8 Towns - 8 Castles - 39 Villages

Before West Empire - 6 Towns - 8 Castles - 31 Villages
After West Empire - 6 Towns - 8 Castles - 33 Villages

Before Strugia - 7 Towns - 8 Castles - 32 Villages
After Strugia - 9 Towns - 11 Castles - 43 Villages

Before Battania - 5 Towns - 8 Castles - 33 Villages
After Battania - 6 Towns - 8 Castles - 37 Villages

Before Vlandia - 8 Towns - 8 Castles - 36 Villages
After Vlandia - 10 Towns - 8 Castles - 45 Villages

Before Aserai - 8 Towns - 9 Castles - 40 Villages
After Aserai - 14 Towns - 12 Castles - 68 Villages

Before Khuzait - 6 Towns - 9 castle - 35 Villages
After Khuzait - 8 Towns - 11 Castles - 49 Villages

For before and after screenshots, see the media provided on the Nexus page.

5shMkk8.png

Siege Icons- Sometimes when siege a castle or town some siege icons will not display, but then when sieging another time will display. This is a very strange bug and is being looked into. The icons are still clickable, so if you really want the icon that is missing pause the game and click about, range weapons are always at the front near the barricade while the siege towers and ram and further back.

Clan/Kingdom Ownership - While I can make new cities and towns belong to anyone changing the owner of existing towns and castles are funky. Please don't report this as an error.

Daily Tick/Payhour Stutter - When it comes to payhour the game is a tad laggy and will stutter. It is caused as the game can't process the extra information as quickly as it should, with each update from TaleWorlds it is getting better The effects vary from rig to rig, some have no issue others have significant frame rate drop, give the mod a try and then decide if it is for you.

Scenes inside of towns - TaleWorlds attempted to make the interior of a village match the exterior location, roughly. As in, if you were visiting a village at the top of a hill and enter the village the village would be in a hilly area. This mod kind messed all that up in places, but it is something that I can fix and will in later releases. Same goes for Towns and Castles.

Possible Issues
Balance
- This most likely will not be balanced. Just look at the amount of extra towns the Aserai have for example, however, they still are limited by the amount of lords they possess and also the size of their Kingdom is their downfall, they have to travel so damn far. In every playthrough I have done they never expand at all and normally get double teamed by other Kingdoms.

Trading/Finance - As I have changed a great many of the villages resources around this will most like effect the economic balance of the game.

ap6T1Gg.png

These are welcomed! I am but one person with only my own experiences and thoughts on where things should go so please let me know if you have suggestions. If possible back up your suggestions with real life examples "X should probably move to Y as in real life Z is by a Q" as that would be really helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read or look over this page and clicking on this mod. I hope you enjoy Calradia Expanded.

Last edited:
While I have somewhat ignored the Bannerlord forums I have now released the latest version of this project. Bringing it to version a1.1.0.

kVgFDf8.png

Mod Tool Update Calradia Expanded a1.1.0
A big thank you goes out to Hrørikr who helped me with a bug that I thought was going to end the project. Thanks also go out to Gauner, Basileus and The Speaker who have helped greatly in making this mod from the start.

Version a1.1.0 Well, this version is the first released following the mod tools being released to us, below is a quick list of points.

Alignment: I hope most things are now aligned to the ground. So no more sinking towns or floating buildings. This goes for things that I added in the previous versions as for the bits TaleWorlds made.

Navmesh rework: Basically I have rebuilt/tweaked 60 to 70% of the navmesh, this is what the AI use to navigate around the place. Also its what dictates, to some regard, what type of battle terrain your fights are taken part in. If you are flanked on the main map by woods and fight you should be on a scene with woods on either side.

New paths: I've opened up some areas and generally tarted the map up. So while before you were running up the side of a mountain over a rocky river crossing now you will climb a nice path with a wall and you crossed a study bridge. Also there are now more blocking areas of terrain which will lead to more interesting chases of enemy armies and bandits, meaning you can trap them in a valley and cut them down like dogs.. but also you need to be aware of where you are running so you don't get trapped yourself!

Position changes: As the mod tools give more freedom I have now moved some of the settlements around a bit more to nicer areas.

Two suggestions, one can you add a city each to the Northern and southern empires. Also could you consider moving the inlland cities of the Aserai to where the two rivers that empty into that small inland sea are about to meet?

Hello Lucian,
I am looking at the possibility of adding a few more places in but at a later date, the game used to suffer from performance issues on some peoples computers and for some still do, so I'd rather try and keep it stable for now.

In regards to moving the Aserai places around, I think I know where you mean, to the east. Its a somewhat plane area but I could always change that. However, I think I am either at the limit of extra Navmesh's I can add (How the AI sees to move around) or I've a bug so I can't really open up new areas at the moment until I either optimise the existing one by removing unused areas or figure its a bug and solve that.

Is it ever possible to put a town or castle with villages on that island between the southern empire and aseri? Even if you have to make a silly bridge to connect the areas until (if) they ever make sea travel

Hey Sparticulous,
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, it is possible to do that. But I don't think it is something that I'll be doing anytime soon. My previous comment stands that I cannot add anymore areas just yet due to performance issues and Navmesh limits I'm encountering.

A new update as now been uploaded to Nexus version, see below for the overview

Empire Roads Update Calradia Expanded a.1.1.1
A
massive thank you to the following for helping me with the trailer for this update. The folks at the 425th Cadian MI (Arma 3 Milsim unit): Streaky Haddock, Father Galahad and Jay Silver. Hillasaurus Rex for doing the voice over and TheCakeBulter for mixing the terrible singing we all did, RIP their ears.

What else is in this update? Well, roads, lots of roads. These roads are purely visual at the moment but we hope to make them give a boost in speed in the future. Also we have demi villages added in, these again are purely visual just to bring the world to life a little more.

• Ataconia castle has been renamed to Potamis castle due to the village of Potamis being moved.
  • The village of Phasos has also moved to a more suitable geographical location also so the road works better and to be closer to its owning town.
  • Medeni Castle fix - Unfortunately parties were unable to enter or exit this castle due to a Navmesh issue, this is now fixed and any stuck parties can leave and it basically works as it should now.
  • Flotois and Kavloniki have been adjusted to level 1 and prosperity lowered substantially due to their location.
  • A new pass to Revyl has been added in as the AI was going to long way around to get into the town.
  • A new bridge by Nideon village has been added in as it makes sense for one to be there rather than villages going miles to get into a town.

PLEASE WATCH THE TRAILER FOR THIS UPDATE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON CONTINUING A CAMPAIGN
    Click here and watch it, it will give you instructions on how not to have some issues later on.

Back
Top Bottom