Calradia: Death and Disease - Hibernating

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There was word of a darkening shadow, which sweep across the sea. The sky too had darkened, but this was no storm.

There is a plague upon Calradia, a disease that festers beneath the skin. Some say it's a curse of war, others say the continuous slaughter is all that keeps it tamed, like a beast... waiting to take hold of it's inhabitant and crush their humanity through the separation of flesh."

Team:
-IYI-O-R-T- = Textures, concept artist and mod creator
Napancux = Modeller for scenery, props and weapons.
Talaks = Tree Modifications
Ursca = Flagellant head sack donation
Constant A = Doctors mask and props
Lilyeti = Putting together new troops
Expand = Subtle female armour model donation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the 1.003 release here (latest version with new features, for mount&blade 1.003): http://www.mediafire.com/?modwtmhjquq

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Avaliable From: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/calradia-death-and-disease-for-v103

New features...

1, Upgraded to M&B v1.003.
2, Burnt grass and ash now replaces the pale green meadows.
3, Flagellant troops are now hireable.
4, Female crossbow men/women are now hireable.
5, Four new female armours (retextures of same model, two designs, each come in sleeved and non sleeved).
6, Two straw and wood armours.
7, Two animal skull mounted helmets/hats (which when combined with the straw armour, look pretty good).
8, New horse, although nothing exciting (like that of a hunter but every so slightly more bloody and with slightly altered stats).
9, Defensive sickle and sword, to create an illusion of dual wielding (had plans for more, like varied swords and axes, but ran out of time).
10, Horse head mask (originally going to be retextured but looked more gruesome as it was...blends well with flagellant bare torso).
11, Witchfinder's crossbow and silver bolts.
12, Some stat editing; the scythe is now not so powerful and I think I altered some others as well.
13, As a little special treat...for purely fun based purposes only... a headless skull helm (when used your character will have no head/appear headless).

Other (General) Contents....

1, Retextured Calradia world (The difference in atmosphere is dramatic).
2, ALOT of bonus gear... ragged dresses, flagallent outfits, death robes, plague doctor outfit...
3, More weapons, such as a Scythe.
4, Retextured Strange Armour into Bone + Flesh Armour.

Possible Future features...

1, Toggle-able fog, for atmosphere but removable if effecting gaming.
2, More scenery and props (in relation to the mods theme).
3, More quests (in relation to the mods theme).
4, Even more additional helms, armours and weapons.
5, Each fraction assigned a possible religion and armours or outfits relating to them (fictional but based on exisiting).

Want treats for your peepers? Then behold....

zombie3.jpg
womanface_a2.jpg

^ examples of face textures.

Mountandblade5.jpg

^ Talaks agreed to let me use his No Trees Mod, which creates a much more effective enviroment.

Mountandblade4.jpg

BONUSES

To provide more then simply a re-skinned Calradia, we're providing a few extras...

(The list of bonus item suggestion is ever growing. We'd love more modellers or model donations!!!)

Thanks to Napancux and Constant A, our mod will now include this...

Doktorschnabel_430px.jpg

Napancux has also provided us with a delightful new scythe (an extra to be hidden in the strange armour chests).

(There's also the No Tree's addition by Talaks, Thanks again Talaks!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL SCREENSHOTS

Mountandblade7.jpg

Mountandblade8.jpg

Mountandblade6.jpg

horse.jpg

Mountandblade14.jpg

female.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg
witchragsdress.jpg

I wanna see how scary I can make Mount and Blade. That's kinda the main goal.  :mrgreen:

I was gonna make the walls crafted out of flesh... but that was going abit overboard.

I wish it is scary as possible, too much light in Calradia. Now I want to see darkness.

RaVeN said:
I wish it is scary as possible, too much light in Calradia. Now I want to see darkness.

Well I spent the most of this morning, one of my few days off work, looking at the anatomy of horses so I could make some with deteriorated flesh...

And the soundtrack, I'm hoping, will be similar to the experimental compositions of a silent hill game soundtrack but more fitting to Mount and Blade's historical era.

How's that?

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
RaVeN said:

Well I spent the most of this morning, one of my few days off work, looking at the anatomy of horses so I could make some with deteriorated flesh...

And the soundtrack, I'm hoping, will be similar to the experimental compositions of a silent hill game soundtrack but more fitting to Mount and Blade's historical era.

How's that?

Good effort I say, I really appreciate someone making this. I never playde Silent Hill but I know it is a very good horror game. I guess it's good.
But have you played the Thief series? Espicially the ambient which makes the game scary as hell the first time I played.
Anyway, sounds really good.

RaVeN said:
Good effort I say, I really appreciate someone making this. I never playde Silent Hill but I know it is a very good horror game. I guess it's good.
But have you played the Thief series? Espicially the ambient which makes the game scary as hell the first time I played.

I have played the Thief series yes. I can't recall the music, but I remember the ambience was very effective.

I'll look more into the music side once the textures are at a respectable level.

I look forward to this alot, really sounds like its gonna fit the mood i like games to have when im sitting playing in the middle of the night.

Been working a tiny bit on some smaller things with coding (still a newbie at it) but if there is anything i can do to help out then please let me know.

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
RaVeN said:

I have played the Thief series yes. I can't recall the music, but I remember the ambience was very effective.

I'll look more into the music side once the textures are at a respectable level.

You can't recall the music because in game, the Thief series has no music at all but a very dark, scary atmosphere and ambient. :grin:

I must say, those skies and plague horse are awesome! A nice idea, that changes so little, yet makes all the difference.
But this no-dachi gives your screens a slightly "oblivionish" look, you might consider to retake shots with more "traditional" gear.

Looking forward to it.

RaVeN said:
You can't recall the music because in game, the Thief series has no music at all but a very dark, scary atmosphere and ambient. :grin:

Hmmmm... -thinks back-

napancux said:
I must say, those skies and plague horse are awesome! A nice idea, that changes so little, yet makes all the difference.
But this no-dachi gives your screens a slightly "oblivionish" look, you might consider to retake shots with more "traditional" gear.

Looking forward to it.

Not just skies and plague horses. I basically went through every texture in the game and desaturated them, except "village floor" or something like that which is blood stained. The map screen has an ocean of blood too.

Lighting effects colour though, I hate the ingame scripted tweaks it does which makes certain items certain colours. It's made one of the armours bright red and shiny when it's supposed to be made of leather.

The horses were alot of work and most of the detail is lost when it's stretched over the model but every now and then they come together.

From those screenshots alone, I must say that - minus the katana, which seems a tad out of place - I'm liking the "feel" of it so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Good luck.

Do you think it would be possible to make a set of the Four Horsemen items? Like one armor, sword, bow, arrow or something? I think it would fit in great with this mod.

Kraven said:
I look forward to this alot, really sounds like its gonna fit the mood i like games to have when im sitting playing in the middle of the night.

Been working a tiny bit on some smaller things with coding (still a newbie at it) but if there is anything i can do to help out then please let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I was wondering if it was possible to have fog constantly switched on? I'm not a fan of it normally but it would help the atmosphere.
I'd also like to reduce the amount of shine you get off armour.

Justiciar said:
From those screenshots alone, I must say that - minus the katana, which seems a tad out of place - I'm liking the "feel" of it so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Good luck.

Thanks. I might just hide the katana for the next few shots.

Semper_Fi said:
Do you think it would be possible to make a set of the Four Horsemen items? Like one armor, sword, bow, arrow or something? I think it would fit in great with this mod.

I could make one of the face textures skeletal (planned to anyway)... but I'm not into model construction. I suppose theres a scythe already in-game, I could have another version of it but better stats as a secret bonus weapon (hide it in one of the "strange weapon" chests).

The main bonus addition I'd like to include is this...

Doktorschnabel_430px.jpg

I also considered including a jar of leeches, like food (increases moral and goes down when you camp) though obviously they'd be using them for medical reasons rather then eating them.

But I'm not a model maker, I'd require outside help for them (I know there are tutorials but it's gonna add a massive chunk onto the production workload, what with the time required to make anything decent, I only have two days off work week as it is).

Nightbreeze said:
This one looks eerily promising. I am already getting antsy. Good luck with the mod!

Thank you.

i think it would be better if the blood was just darker rather than having more of it, like its slowly clotting in peoples veins because of the plague

demondogx said:
looks like a fun mod :smile:
one question is there gonna be lots of blood in it when you kill an enemy ?  :twisted:

The blood setting is currently set to multiply by 50. This will go up or down considering the effect it has on the speed of play.

You can always alter it yourself (if your unsure how, just use the search tool for instructions).

Kharkhazad said:
i think it would be better if the blood was just darker rather than having more of it, like its slowly clotting in peoples veins because of the plague

The blood will just be the default shade. Any darker and there might be visibility issues.

The effect of the disease/plague will be visible in the age setting. The older you set it on the face construction tool, the more evident the "effect" of it all becomes. That's the main time consumer at the mo. I've done alot of the standard faces, which are the normal natives but desaturated and scabbier... it's just the heavily infected I need to work on which take the most time (I did make a set, but they weren't good enough).

[quote author=-IYI-O-R-T-]The blood setting is currently set to multiply by 50.[/quote]
AFAIR, blood multiplier won't really increase the amount of blood. You might want to play around with particle system, like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom