SP Fantasy Calradia Burning - 1.5.1 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

CALRADIA BURNING (Name not set in stone, open to something better)

Download
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1615​

Patch
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1617​

So there isn't a jaw-dropping amount in yet. But I'd thought I'd share what I did get down, and I'll get (beg from the original, more awesome) better stuff partially when I can be bothered.

To save space for the inevitable quoting of this post, I'll spoiler as much as I can.

COVOR STORY
    Years ago, before the Wallaivians came, before the Union came, things were a little less chaotic. There was Swadia and Vaegiria, the Nordlaw and Kherge and Rhodoksland. These powers, of course, hated each other. In some ways, there was no difference, in others, it felt like a whole other world. The Rhosoks stood their ground and made preposterous amounts of dosh, the Norse attacked everything within marching distance of their mead-halls, The Vaegirs and Swadians were at each other's throats, and the Khergits raided and plundered. The outside world had no interest or concern with us whatsoever. It some ways, it was a happier time
      Now, the Dark Union, a cult of fanatics supplicating before a snake god of some sort, pluner the countryside like common bandits. The Rhodoks are long gone. Just a decade ago, the Wallaivians came over the Western passes, angered and embittered by years of abuse by the Rhodoks. They were in no mood for mercy. The Sacking of Yalen. Jelkala's Reckoning, the massacres built and built and the other forces did nothing. Rhodok refugees fled all over Calradia, fleeing the barbarian tide. Unlike the other barbarians of this land, the Wallaivians were organized and prepared to defend what they had taken. Now, Jelkala is Usik, and from there leads a Wallaivian Count, Yago. In most wyas, the difference is minimal. What's another bandit king in the face of invasion?
      Oh, did I forget to mention that? One of the mightiest empires around, the Karskians, are taking an uncomfortable interest in Calradia lately. Last thing heard is that a couple of hawkish fellows are trying to convince the Karskian there's resources like iron, fur and velvet to be had from 'savages' like us. Bad is about to get worse...

MOD FEATURES
- Looters replaced with bandit parties. Slightly tougher and harder to defeat.
- Replaced Rhodoks with Wallavians. These two-hander-wielding savages will make things a bit more interesting in the fight against Calradia
- Edited Nord Troop-tree extensively and added a spear-throwing line.
- Added Khergit Gunners (Guns are lootable from their corpses).
- Edited Lords' equipment & skills
- Changed Lord/King's names
- Added new stuff/made old stiff available.
- All enemies gang up on your sorry ass. In barbarian country this could mean you're facing numbers well into the hundreds.
- Formations & Morale
- Rhodok Mercenaries
- Fighter Irregular Mercenaries
- Large parties of barbarians to fight against.
- Computer battle speed increased. Battles are now faster.
- AI lords have deeper coffers and therefore are more agressive. I think they regenerate faster too.
-Dark Union Parties to fight. Havng these guys gang up on you will really ruin your day!
-Some more new items.
-New Animations
-Guns (probably) in right position
-Peasants instead of Farmers (Peasants are slightly tougher and have deadlier weaponry).
-Crossbow Damage Buffed

CREDITS
- Chel/Mirathei for Formations and Troops
- Talak for Items
- AlphaDelta for Shields
- -Peter for Shields
- Modding Community for Items and answering (or trying to in some cases, same thing) question that I posed.
- Checkmaty for the better sounds.
- OSP Guys:
- RR_Raptor65
- The Pope
- James
- Luigi
- Maw
-MAXHARDMAN for the animations compilation.
-Items from the same people as before. I THINK it's Ruthven.
- I KNOW this list ain't perfect and that I'm missing people. Whoever can tell me who they are, it'd be much appreciated.

NORSE SCREENSHOTS
Odin All-father's fury is my inspiration. Your blood, my wine.
nordwarlord.jpg

I warned you...
nordwarlord2.jpg

My loyal band of followers. They may be small in number, but they are stout in heart!
nordtroops.jpg

Infernal Khergits and their, magic?
khergitgunners.jpg

WALLAIVIAN SCREENSHOTS
wallaiviawarlord.jpg

wallaiviawarlord2.jpg

wallaiviatroops.jpg

wallaiviatroops2.jpg

wallaiviancombat.jpg

wallaiviancombat2.jpg

GENERAL SCREENSHOTS
I'M THE LORD OF THE HARVEST! COME ON YOU BARBARIAN GOAT-****ERS!
barbarians.jpg

Oh god, not them!
darkinvaders.jpg

I'll take every one of you! You don't scare me!
darkknights.jpg

The Snake God demands sacrifice!
darkwarlord.jpg

STUFF AND PEOPLE I NEED/WANT
- Imagery. I suck at making pictures of any kind. I know there are some damn good artists here, so anyone who feels up to it, shoot a PM; I'll suck you off be quite grateful.
- Anybody actually skilled at true modding to help/coach me. I don't pretend to know half of what the **** I'm doing,. so this is a tad necessary.
- This may tie in with the above, but a scene editor would be le awesome. I don't have near as meticulous/finicky personality to be good at this before ragequitting my monitor by means of kinetic energy.

FUTURE PLANS
- I'm planning on supplicating before vonmistont for the invasion code in his mod. I plan on adding an invasion my the Rhodoks and their Western allies to retake their lands. I also plan on putting in an invasion by the Lerians (HRE) and the Karskians (Byzantines) too. All three will be by default off, toggleable in the Camp menu of course, so the player can choose one for an epic struggle against a determined conquerer, or all three to see a good all-round Calradia bumrape and see the three factions fight over whatever happens to be left.
- Tweaking the other factions more when the mood hits me. Perhaps put in a code (once I get a coder who's good enough for this, AKA not me) where one of the default claimant tries to take over a nation without the player to hold his/her hand. Similar to the invasion, but less one-sided and more chaotic. Activate all of these at once for some real fun!
-I'[ll toss in a kingdom management thing too, soon.

mcbeverage101 said:
Areze said:
This ain't dead yet, in fact I'm working on a sizable release which may be coming very soon. Within a day or two.

Good, good.
It is proceeding according to plan?

Not quite. I wanted to put in an invasion of some rather unwantedly familiar friends (earlier players of the game such as .808 will recognize them), but that isn't working so I might just have to give them Suno and the surrounding area, but I don't want to do that as they'll just be weak on the world map (troop quality doesn't effect the computer battles, right?) unless I can somehow jack their numbers to retarded heights.

Areze said:
mcbeverage101 said:
Areze said:
This ain't dead yet, in fact I'm working on a sizable release which may be coming very soon. Within a day or two.

Good, good.
It is proceeding according to plan?

Not quite. I wanted to put in an invasion of some rather unwantedly familiar friends (earlier players of the game such as .808 will recognize them), but that isn't working so I might just have to give them Suno and the surrounding area, but I don't want to do that as they'll just be weak on the world map (troop quality doesn't effect the computer battles, right?) unless I can somehow jack their numbers to retarded heights.
Level counts, I think. Try to dig in the Forge. There was a thread that was about improving the games autocalc. I don't know if they succeeded but I think they mentioned the factors that autocalc takes into account in Vanilla.

New version is up. :grin:

NEW RELEASE
-Dark Union Parties to fight. Havng these guys gang up on you will really ruin your day!
-Some more new items.
-New Animations
-Guns (probably) in right position
-Peasants instead of Farmers (Peasants are slightly tougher and have deadlier weaponry).
-Crossbow Damage Buffed

Credits:

-MAXHARDMAN for the animations compilation.
-Items from the same people as before. I THINK it's Ruthven.

See first post for linkage.

Danke.

Is anybody here good at artwork? I'd like to make a banner of sorts, but as said earlier, I cannot draw or do anything even remotely resembling art.

Back
Top Bottom