SP Native Modern Calradia -1914-Götterdämmerung (Not Released)(Needs Riggers)(Updated 05/9/08)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*laughs at this whole thread*

Been one big long mess really hasn't it? With rabid fans and lots and lots of spam and good ol' signature banners ( :roll:). And what exactly is there to show for it? Aside from 50 pages of "It's almost ready!"? Really not very much.. and now it suffers the inevitable hard drive crash that so many mods of this sort do.

Yes I'm going to be leapt on for being horrible, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong, that this mod has done more than just produce a huge spam filled thread.. but there we are.

its not entirly amgio and his team fault yes they did put to many eggs in one basket so to speack but some of this was very bad luck. which im sure we all are sorry to here about i know i am certainly sorry since they have seemed to put in a huge amonut of tiem and effort.

i dont care bout what other people think of this thread, im wondering whether its gonna be revived and released properly?

no one seems right no doesnt really no  if it will be reasled fingers crossed it will, but i dout it will be reasled thsi month.

waraelm said:
its not entirly amgio and his team fault yes they did put to many eggs in one basket so to speack but some of this was very bad luck. which im sure we all are sorry to here about i know i am certainly sorry since they have seemed to put in a huge amonut of tiem and effort.

Most people are skeptical about the "lost my data, soz" excuse. If you want to back out from a mod, its the easiest damn way isn't it? We've seen it a lot (although, ironically, it happened to Ealdor Hussey (sp?!!?), who happens to be working with Dain  :smile:).

Hussey may be chucking historical advice at me this time, but my main incentive for starting my own mod was increasing frustration with his antics of letting a lot of people's hard work go to waste over god knows how many years. This time, I'm in charge.

On the other hand despite that mod's failure, you got a lot of items out of it to use in mods like Liberty or Death or suchlike, so I wouldn't complain.

I was incredibly sceptical of his losses too (and more irritated since I'd done a fair bit of work).. PN suffered from exactly the same issue of almost getting nothing ingame.. almost like this mod really.

they did put to many eggs in one basket so to speack

Not half as many as you. Y'do realise that if Barf suddenly took it into his head to take his models and release a mod under his own name, you'd be somewhat dead in the water? It's lucky he hasn't realised he's doing 90% of the work yet..

Oh come on, revived and released? It doesn't look like it's almost finished.
The most current screenshot shows troops wearing a uniform, crossbows and clubs.

Dain Ironfoot said:
*laughs at this whole thread*

Been one big long mess really hasn't it? With rabid fans and lots and lots of spam and good ol' signature banners ( :roll:). And what exactly is there to show for it? Aside from 50 pages of "It's almost ready!"? Really not very much.. and now it suffers the inevitable hard drive crash that so many mods of this sort do.

Yes I'm going to be leapt on for being horrible, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong, that this mod has done more than just produce a huge spam filled thread.. but there we are.

well, you are right.. and sorry about that, though we cant take responsibility for questions which have been asked and answered thousand times etc..

I will tell toonknight to lock this thread, since theres no reason for keeping this one, because all chat here is *****ing about release dates, news etc.. Instead i will start new one, locked and purely for anouncing  possible news.. And hard drive crash is minor problem, because i had most thing back uped, i have only lost my current work on 1.011 module files. Forget about that crash, it wasnt supposed to be my excuse for prolonged developement..

At least i have made few new models, they will be shown up in new thread once textured..

EDIT: i think that i should highlight this:
"And hard drive crash is minor problem, because i had most thing back uped, i have only lost my current work on 1.011 module files. Forget about that crash, it wasnt supposed to be my excuse for prolonged developement.."

I should have remained silent about that, sincle all of you used it as basis for your comparations and explainations.

Hard drive crash or not, you've been saying you're very close to release for MONTHS now. And as Highlander says, your media is some uniforms with crossbows and clubs.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Hard drive crash or not, you've been saying you're very close to release for MONTHS now. And as Highlander says, your media is some uniforms with crossbows and clubs.

Yes, we thought that we are close - but we constantly had problems with something - textures and modeling on very beginining, rigging and waiting for new module files later, because we had no or minimal experience with moding before.  Sorry to say that, but in fact we have no obligations in modding or releasing anything and its all our free will to invest our time into this, on the other hand, we never gave any release dates..

You of course have right for such criticism, but i dont think that it will make things any better..
I have nothing else to say, Ignore this mod if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom