Callum dropped a comment on release date (dont get your hopes up)

Users who are viewing this thread

312997069747126303.png

It's still so weird for TW to not give any release year o.o

Even the year of the demo release is not known, they cannot even say "in 2019". We should probably wait until 2020+

It is not weird. They have learned from their mistakes (making premature announcements).

They never announced release year o.o There were just few whishful thinking from mr. Armagan but he probably doesnt know about development progress of Bannerlord so that's understandable, and it was not a promise.

Mistake is still there and its so weird for me o.o

Me in 2016: It's not going to come out. You're wasting your time.
Everyone else in 2016: Shoo, troll! YES IT WILL! YES IT WILL!!!
*doesn't come out in 2016*
Me in 2017: It's really not going to come out, people. Might as well stick to Warband.
Everyone else in 2017: BAN HIM!!!
*doesn't come out in 2017*
Me in a few months: Still not coming out...
Everyone else in a few months: You shut the hell up. It'll be this year. I'm sure of it.
*still won't be out by this time 2018*

I think the frustation arises within the community because Taleworlds is being very opaque about their game while their suppose to be finishing touches. If I understood the news correctly.

Kagos said:
Me in 2016: It's not going to come out. You're wasting your time.
Everyone else in 2016: Shoo, troll! YES IT WILL! YES IT WILL!!!
*doesn't come out in 2016*
Me in 2017: It's really not going to come out, people. Might as well stick to Warband.
Everyone else in 2017: BAN HIM!!!
*doesn't come out in 2017*
Me in a few months: Still not coming out...
Everyone else in a few months: You shut the hell up. It'll be this year. I'm sure of it.
*still won't be out by this time 2018*
Try again. You were warned, and disliked by everyone, not for saying release isn't imminent, but for your constant Alex Jones level conspiracies stating that Bannerlord would literally never come out, and that they should start working on the third one. When we actually got another blog, you treated it like a bad thing. It got quite tiresome.

Well the blogs are a nice new addition! I honestly don't mind them delaying into 2018, but then they really should release there!
However i would like them to be more open about what's causing the delay, like "Okay we're trying to see and make co-op and while we won't promise it will be there we're giving it a real effort hence why the game has been delayed".

I mean graphics, gameplay, optimization and those things seems done or close to it. So that's why i think most people are wondering what's going on :smile:

Of course i understand they want to keep some surprises which is cool! But giving some clarification would go a long way i believe :smile:

Honestly if you still thought it was coming out this year at this point you need a reality check.
I seriously doubt they will announce the release date less than 4 months from the intended day.

Rungsted93 said:
However i would like them to be more open about what's causing the delay, like "Okay we're trying to see and make co-op and while we won't promise it will be there we're giving it a real effort hence why the game has been delayed".

I mean graphics, gameplay, optimization and those things seems done or close to it. So that's why i think most people are wondering what's going on :smile:

Of course i understand they want to keep some surprises which is cool! But giving some clarification would go a long way i believe :smile:

Dev blogs have been dropping hints on what Taleworlds is currently working on. I've listed some of the better ones below. Seems to me there are no roadblocks sticking out like a sore thumb, just regular refinement of content already in the game. Looking forward to destructible castles.

Dev Blog 12/10/17
WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
I am tearing castles into pieces right now for siege. This isn’t exactly the most fun process, especially when trying to break down wooden towers, however I think player’s will really enjoy the end result when they are demolishing enemy towers!

Dev Blog 14/09/17
“Currently, I am checking and improving the performance of medium to very low hardware configurations. It is important to us that players get to experience a smooth and enjoyable gameplay experience. We are constantly trying to refine the engine to ensure that this is the case.”

Dev Blog 24/08/17
“Today I worked on the design of how army coherence will be affected as an army stays in the field for a long time, and how a player can keep it together longer by arranging its composition and spending influence.”

Dev Blog 26/10/17
"I am currently working on atmosphere and general lighting. Today, for example, I am working on a day-night cycle and toning settings. We also record new animations using the motion capture system every week."

Dev Blog 28/09/17
"Answering these blog questions, (just kidding!) I'm currently working on setting civilian equipment for lords. Lords will wear helmets and heavy armour in battle, but you will see the same lords wearing robes or silk tunics in a lord's hall. The aim of this is to make the world feel more realistic and immersive."

BayBear said:
Dev blogs have been dropping hints on what Taleworlds is currently working on. I've listed some of the better ones below. Seems to me there are no roadblocks sticking out like a sore thumb, just regular refinement of content already in the game. Looking forward to destructible castles.

Dev Blog 12/10/17
I am tearing castles into pieces right now for siege. This isn’t exactly the most fun process, especially when trying to break down wooden towers, however I think player’s will really enjoy the end result when they are demolishing enemy towers!

Dev Blog 14/09/17
“Currently, I am checking and improving the performance of medium to very low hardware configurations. It is important to us that players get to experience a smooth and enjoyable gameplay experience. We are constantly trying to refine the engine to ensure that this is the case.”

Dev Blog 24/08/17
“Today I worked on the design of how army coherence will be affected as an army stays in the field for a long time, and how a player can keep it together longer by arranging its composition and spending influence.”

Dev Blog 26/10/17
"I am currently working on atmosphere and general lighting. Today, for example, I am working on a day-night cycle and toning settings. We also record new animations using the motion capture system every week."

Dev Blog 28/09/17
"Answering these blog questions, (just kidding!) I'm currently working on setting civilian equipment for lords. Lords will wear helmets and heavy armour in battle, but you will see the same lords wearing robes or silk tunics in a lord's hall. The aim of this is to make the world feel more realistic and immersive."
To me it looks like: "OK guys, just check on whatever fine tunings you can find to work on, 'cause we have nothing to load you up with until we solve that major "X" **** for which we delayed our release."

cifre said:
To me it looks like: "OK guys, just check on whatever fine tunings you can find to work on, 'cause we have nothing to load you up with until we solve that major "X" **** for which we delayed our release."

This is a bit far fetched. I believe those are what TW (and only them) consider «finishing touches», while everyone else calls them «important details». Those are not finishing touches at all, considering they are full features needing a long developpement time, but I truly believe it is all they have left to do. That, and designing the rest of the towns/cities for solo play.
We all have seen core mechanics are in game and working well.

If console port is delaying the release, though, they are in for the ****storm of the decade lol

It is intended far fetched. It's coming from the instincts/guts, based on impressions.
The only thing which would be closer, would be a courageous blog describing that "X" issue which holds back the release! :lol:

The issue or issues that may have pushed back the release date may have already been resolved. We may not be seeing a release date, because they may still have to catch up on the things held up by whatever problem they were facing (f.e. the SP campaign is a simulation of a lot of moving parts... if one is missing, you will have a hard time properly developing the others) - and given their previous misconceptions, they are likely reluctant to share another estimate before they haven't finished a fully playable built. Nonetheless,I do believe it would be good for them to share on overall roadmap of where they are and where they want to go.

BayBear said:
Dev Blog 12/10/17

Dev Blog 14/09/17

Dev Blog 24/08/17

Dev Blog 26/10/17

Dev Blog 28/09/17

Beside graphical things, they all work on singleplayer aspects. I think multiplayer is pretty much done. I wonder if there will be closed beta at least (but give one beta key to one streamer so we could watch gameplays  :iamamoron: )

Back
Top Bottom