Call to Arms: Community Petition

Users who are viewing this thread

The modders sent the letter that would save this dumpster fire game, they are going to continue to use blockers to inhibit modders. No need to sign a petition. Unless there are big changes in TW's approach you will not see super quality mods.

The modders sent the letter that would save this dumpster fire game, they are going to continue to use blockers to inhibit modders. No need to sign a petition. Unless there are big changes in TW's approach you will not see super quality mods.
This. No offence to OP. But TW made their intentions quite clear. Any petition whatsoever won't change anything. Either they already know that we are displeased and why, or they don't want to know.

In either case, its up to TW now.
I wouldn't hold my hopes up.

Thanks for the explanation champ. Your doing me a great service.
Oh man, please stop, I am literally crying with laughter. Allow me to screenshot it, so I can tell all my friends and cherish it forever. Oh my, tears rolling down my cheeks! I am still laughing, barely able to type this. What a lad!

Yeah I'm not going to engage with @Antaeus cancerous fanboi trolling. At this point, the fact that this game is as busted as a syphilitic methwhore is undebatable and the regular forum polls showing 90% negativity going back weeks/months/years means it isn't worth contending with trolls trying to derail the factual conversation which isn't in dispute among sane people.

I will say: I signed the thing and I recognize the utility of a petition, but this would work a lot better as a collaborative project than one guy's off-the-cuff commentary.

If you gather a bunch of respected members of the forum onto a Discord and put something together that has specific easy-to-read requests that everyone agrees on, then that would probably work a lot better.

In the other thread about starting an open letter from the fans, I offered to help write. No joke: I write letters for a living. Feel free to tap me for that purpose if you first do the legwork of getting others on board. I've thought about doing so myself but couldn't be arsed (and I was muted at the time anyway).

even worse, they seem to be planing to place new restrictions when people were nicely asking them to remove those already there..
source? All I've seen is Dejan say they've gone over those restrictions and addressed some of them and some changes will come in 1.6.0, which is the opposite of what you say. After that they are open to more discussion on the topic.

source? All I've seen is Dejan say they've gone over those restrictions and addressed some of them and some changes will come in 1.6.0, which is the opposite of what you say. After that they are open to more discussion on the topic.
He said that they removed and added and that we will see more specifics in the new update.

He said that they removed and added and that we will see more specifics in the new update.
then maybe their goal is to try and create more mod compatibility through keeping some things untouched? I'm not sure how that works but it would make sense. Other than that, we can only be patient until 1.6.0, which should be close to release?

I know they want some sort of skyrim-esque modding where you can merge more mods at the same time and not rely entirely on total overhauls, so that's the thing that makes sense to me that they're trying to achieve, though I am clueless how to do it.

then maybe their goal is to try and create more mod compatibility through keeping some things untouched? I'm not sure how that works but it would make sense. Other than that, we can only be patient until 1.6.0, which should be close to release?
Sure, but modders already said that it does nothing for mod compatability, and even the fact that they are now adding restrictions to previously unrestricted places will break mods.

And close to release? I'll believe that when I see it.

Sure, but modders already said that it does nothing for mod compatability, and even the fact that they are now adding restrictions to previously unrestricted places will break mods.

And close to release? I'll believe that when I see it.
We will see. I still think people are jumping too quick to conclusions when we don't yet know what they actually changed. Personally I'm eager to see, and I hope they did some changes that will make modders happy, but even if not, at least they are open to further discussion about the topic. (I hope the discussions will remain respectful as they've been, because I'm sure that's how we will reach a solution)

About the 1.6.0, I don't know if the next patch is this or if there will be a 1.5.11, but I vaguely remember it being in testing some time ago, and also since the last patch was delayed quite a bit because of things needing fixing I expect a new patch this week or next week for sure if not.

You should take your own advice my man

This thread is....look some of yall are *way* too attached to this forum and get a little unhinged.

Did you not notice the bright red Banned letters under his name or did you purposely single out that comment knowing he wouldn’t be able to defend himself against your generic “take a break” response?

Why would you necro this thread anyway?

I think you need to add more specifically what you want into the petition description.

Is it just the removal of "internal" hard coding tags? If so, this is really easy to miss this when you read through the petition. I think there is too much padding and semi-dramatic language in the text.

What I am saying is it needs to be clear and simple. (Less is often more)
ya.

otherwise i would have signed

Back
Top Bottom