Call the Town Guard (Bugs)

Users who are viewing this thread

I -think- this is a bug, but it may have to do with the map rotation aswell.

There's one map that the server tends to repeat over and over again. The one with the ladders to the roof-ish thing. Sometimes when we tried to poll for a diffrent map we ended up on that map again anyway. It's somewhat annoying as some other maps are really awesome to play, too. But you dont get the chance alot because the server likes repeating that one.

It is not really repeating that one. There are three different Maps till now: The Map with the Sarranid Town guards (the open one with the two bridges), the Rhodok Town (Where the Town Guards are Rhodoks, the Grassland Map with the river) and the roof-map you mentioned. And this roof map is there once for every faction (The Town Guard Equipment changes with it, you might ahve noticed) we don't have an own map for. We are replacing them from time to time. Kekse has for example worked on a nord Town and that map will go online soon.

Ah i see. Yeah i noticed the changes in equipment. Just hope the new map will come soon :razz: I love each map, but i'd love to see a little more variation

Which would be bad, i love this mod. Could you give the names of the other 2 maps then? So that when we poll we dont accidently poll the same map 3 times, but so we can switch more easily if the people on the server want some variation :p

I never had any CTDs, but I heard that from others. But they also had that problem with other mods. Did you test that?

And I did never have any problems with pulling out my weapon, I don't know what it is I must say. Could be that the server is going crazy because of too much traffic, but I don't hope so. The server is not that good.

I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if it's intended, but I'm gonna report it anyway:
I was playing with the class "Assassin with pistol". Because I wanted the pistol to be the 1st weapon in my inventory (so that it comes first when I use the mouse-wheel), I dropped both weapons and then I picked up the pistol, and afterwards the dagger. The problem is, when the pistol is dropped, I cannot pick up the cartridges anymore (I cannot even see them). Is there a way to fix this?

Notice that the cartridges can be seen/picked up normally if the person dies while holding the pistol.

Patta said:
That seems to happen sometimes, yea. I don't know why and can't really fix it, sry.
Actually, I've done some further testing. I came up with the results that they do not disappear, instead, they are not in the exact position where the pistol is. Take a look and read my notes below each screenshot:

Starting with a pistol and 30 bullets.

Notice how the bullets "spawn" in a slightly position. Although the change in position isn't that great, their small size makes it quite harder. Zoom in if you cannot see the cartridges.

Picking up the 1st 15 bullets

Picking up the 2nd 15 bullets.

30 bullets again.

Another problem is that the bullets can spawn under a certain terrain. They can still be reached if you look in the right direction, but that's based on your luck.

This will probably be solved using one of these methods:
1- Fixing their spawn positions (by keeping it in the right place, or at least keeping it above the terrain).
2- Making the object "cartridge" look bigger, so that the players would easily spot it (just like arrows bags and bolts bags).

Is it still un-fixable?

I believe I usually see this when going archer on the map that's got both vaegir and khergit guards.
It's a sandstonish map, with a lot of roof action. There are also like bubbleish thingies on the roofs and the place where you deliver books as an assassin is on a balcony.

Back
Top Bottom