Calaradian Feasts (Event Suggestions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Invasion event: A small army of ca 20 professional soldiers invade the castle (spawn at city gates). Guard and assassin must unite to defeat them and defend what is ultimately everyone's hometown!  At the courtyard/castle gate, a weak king will spawn with the white and red robe and a rusty sword. He shouldn't move. Too far. The players have to unite and kill the invaders (who only attack players and lé king). If the invaders cannot be stopped and they assault his royal buttocks, the town guard faction changes. Cause, it's obviously owned by another faction now.

That is a ****ing cool idea, yea. Will for sure try that. Will be cool to see guards thinking that the assassins help them and then, whe n they wander around alone, searching for the invaders, the guard suddenly has a knife in his back :razz:

splofot said:
Invasion event: A small army of ca 20 professional soldiers invade the castle (spawn at city gates). Guard and assassin must unite to defeat them and defend what is ultimately everyone's hometown!  At the courtyard/castle gate, a weak king will spawn with the white and red robe and a rusty sword. He shouldn't move. Too far. The players have to unite and kill the invaders (who only attack players and lé king). If the invaders cannot be stopped and they assault his royal buttocks, the town guard faction changes. Cause, it's obviously owned by another faction now.

This reminds me ov Valley of Swamps, the old v3 map.

Anyway: one event could be STDs! Basically you designate the "carriers," check for opposite gender (if you can/want to) and passing by them gives you the STD (you'd get a little red sever message or somesuch). You'll lose something trivial like 15 HP over 50 seconds, BUT during that time you pass it on to anyone who you come close enough to.

So you could give the guards/civillians/other assassins an STD. You could just call it "the plague" if you wanted to, but making it gender-specific could add a confounding variable to make the strategy bit more interesting.

Oh, and they should stack, so two STDs and you've got yourself 30 HP over 100 seconds down, etc., so people with this disease in crowded areas could cuase swift death- perhaps when NPC guards are functional they'll kill people with STDs and be immune to them themselves, in order to stop the spread?

Events where caravans enter the city, or how about an event such as:

The Town Gates are under repair. They shall remain close until the engineers finish their work?
And the gates cannot be opened during 2 minutes or so.

Also, how about an event such as tournaments going on in the city (You need an arena for this) Assassins can fight between them and earn money with each kill done inside the Arena Area, and guards can come there to see what is going on. Dunno how this could be done, but it seems a cool idea xD.

Lannistark said:
Events where caravans enter the city, or how about an event such as:
Yea, I plan things like that, but for Race Wars Bloodshed only becaus eof WSE.

The Town Gates are under repair. They shall remain close until the engineers finish their work?
And the gates cannot be opened during 2 minutes or so.
That is really good, yes. Will do that.

Also, how about an event such as tournaments going on in the city (You need an arena for this) Assassins can fight between them and earn money with each kill done inside the Arena Area, and guards can come there to see what is going on. Dunno how this could be done, but it seems a cool idea xD.
As I added the so called "features" for maps in the latest update, this can easily be done. An Arena Feature that, when placed in the map, adds Gladiators that maybe fight against each other and things like that. Will do that for next Update.

Patta said:
Could be another one of hte features. "Village Feature" that adds some peasants with Scythes and other village like things.

This has given me a great idea for event:

"Peasant's Revolt"

The peasants have taken up arms, and they head for the city!!! A group of 10 light-armored have almost reached the gates, and will kill anyone that interferes in their path!

Interesting Idea, yes. Will probably do that. And they should only attack AI guards and the player guards in tdm. Something like a support for the Assassins. And maybe an Event that makes it the other way round, the king has sent some extra guards to the town and they start to kill the assassins.

Added a list of the suggested Events in the first post. Note that I only took suggestions made in this topic, so if you made one and it's missing, tell me.

You could add an event like:

"A street vendor has recently set up his stand in the city. He has many rare items for sale!"

And you could buy like improved editions of the weapons.

For example: Masterwork Falcata, Masterwork Throwing Daggers, Masterwork Crossbow, Masterwork Great Sword etc

These could cost each about 1k or 2k, so people don't later on say you don't have stuff to spend money on  :smile:

Lanni you just gave me a nice idea:
Two events, one would be something like "There are no more recruits to defend the city!" and the other one could perhaps be a "The assassins' hideout has been revealed! They must hide!" Basically means that one of the teams can't respawn for two minutes, will give the other team a chance to do some slaughtering or bookstuffs. And maybe this could be triggered by a lot of casualties? E.g guards just killed a lot of assassins and now guards can't respawn do that assassins can do a little getbacking:/

Is it possible to put some posters of players?
Imagine if an Assassin gets a score of 5 kills or more in 1 minute, it triggers an event:

The Assassin Identites have been leaked!

Posters have been hanged around the city with the description of the Assassins

Um, well, that would not really help because the assassin could simply change his outfit and the posters would be useless. And no, it is not possible as far as I know.

It was meant to have a picture of the Assassins, but it's really impossible to do. Unless all players handed in a pciture of themselves first, or similar.

By the way, is it possible to code something for players to hide inside boxes or similar?

Or if you could introduce a sailing system as in persistant world...

Lannistark said:
It was meant to have a picture of the Assassins, but it's really impossible to do. Unless all players handed in a pciture of themselves first, or similar.
Yea, its not possible.

By the way, is it possible to code something for players to hide inside boxes or similar?
I don't know if it could be done, but it would not be easy to make that.

Or if you could introduce a sailing system as in persistant world...
I don't see for what we should need ships you can sail with.

Event: Sea Raiders are attacking town!

What happens: 4 (more common) to 9 (rare) sea raiders spawn at the town gates and start attacking anyone but themselves.

Interesting Idea, would maybe be possible for a scene feature. But not as a common event that can come on every map, because a) Sea Raiders don't fit into Sarranid Maps for example, and b) We already have tons of Events like this :wink:

Back
Top Bottom