Native Completed Calamity's Advanced League (CAL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
having spectators makes it more fun.
Just have an admin in the clan channel to prevent ghosting

valent69 said:
Also, ANYONE watching the live stream of any match can call out a person's position through steam, there's what? like a 2-3 second delay? That allows anyone watching the stream to give away rather accurate positions to either team, I don't see how locking spec and having them watch the stream will solve that problem.

Streams can have any delay that the streamers want, in European I generally recall it being 2 minutes.  Ghosting really isn't a problem with locked spec. If the match is being streamed then I don't believe that there should be any specs at all, the stream is there for a reason.

Madnes5 said:

Because what I really wanna do is staying on TS more then 1 hour and listen to people I don't even know and might not care about.
Locked specs prevents ghosting, you wanna see the match? Watch the live stream and support the commentators team.
Ofc this is not directed to the players involved in the match or the benched players, I do understand that is quite boring but I guess people will have to learn to deal with it it if such rule is changed.

BlackTide said:
valent69 said:
Also, ANYONE watching the live stream of any match can call out a person's position through steam, there's what? like a 2-3 second delay? That allows anyone watching the stream to give away rather accurate positions to either team, I don't see how locking spec and having them watch the stream will solve that problem.

Streams can have any delay that the streamers want, in European I generally recall it being 2 minutes.  Ghosting really isn't a problem with locked spec. If the match is being streamed then I don't believe that there should be any specs at all, the stream is there for a reason.

Agreed.

Maynd said:
Madnes5 said:

Because what I really wanna do is staying on TS more then 1 hour and listen to people I don't even know and might not care about.
Locked specs prevents ghosting, you wanna see the match? Watch the live stream and support the commentators team.
Ofc this is not directed to the players involved in the match or the benched players, I do understand that is quite boring but I guess people will have to learn to deal with it it if such rule is changed.

Agree. When I'm benched, I pull up facebook on steam.

Rhade said:
I promise you when people die, they will spec and move the camera around. If you're speccing your teammate, and you see a cav coming that he clearly doesn't, I'm sorry, you're not just going to sit there and not say anything. I can guarantee it's going to be something like "_______, cav behind" and that's a huge, huge deal in a match. Over half our kills are from good movement and surprising people, and I guarantee you people aren't going to just sit there and let their teammates die when they can help as their competitive life is on the line. I'm sure it won't be so much that it's going to be you're sitting in spec and informing your team of every movement, I don't believe ghosting to that extent will happen, but honestly I believe that's not as bad as the aforementioned example and I know that's going to be pretty prevalent, and it's honestly not worth it. You can still spectate by watching the stream or, worst case, if you're in the server and want to spectate a team -- join the team, kill yourself, watch the match from their locked cameras. A tournament without locked cameras is a tournament with results that are going to be questioned.

It can be unlocked if both teams agree, but I think it's silly to compromise the integrity of the results for a few people to spectate. Give streamer status to a dedicated streamer and let that be that.

In regards to vent lag, people have mumble and TS which is instant.

However, at this point, it seems Auscifer is going to refuse to unban us, so I'm not sure how relevant my opinion is going to be.

Agreed with this too.

I remember once, I forgot what team I was on at that point, but we played against some other team, and it was on that snowy map with the windmill, ya know? And I ran through the spawn that has like the gate house toward the windmill, and I instinctively hit the ~ key and checked around me really quickly. Turns out there was a guy hiding in the corner of the gatehouse. I turned around and killed him in 1 hit (he didn't think I knew he was there). He then bombarded me on steam and accused my whole team for ghosting. He even named players he assumed had ghosted for me to try and get me to confirm. For several hours after the match.

There is no reason not to lock specs. You can get around it anyways. I do agree however that it isn't a problem with our community at the moment. It could be a problem later on when newer teams show their faces.

Mr.X said:
Because we all know what goes on in every match in every teamspeak, right?

Actually, some of us do regular in a variety of clans VOIPs (and merc for them).  I think the only one I haven't been in is TMWs...

Amazing how it only takes 4 or 5 guys to initiate chaos on nearly every viral thread. Burn through pages- talking about the same ongoing **** in the last 3 tournament threads. Remarkable. I expect another 20 pages of forum schmutz before you guys agree on anything. gf

And it's always the same ******* people .

Just lock the thread tbh

Gelden said:
Mr.X said:

Actually, some of us do regular in a variety of clans VOIPs (and merc for them).  I think the only one I haven't been in is TMWs...

k. re-explain to me how its better to not support the streams though?

Gelden said:
Mr.X said:

We actually don't even call. We just ghost and go off of that.

Mr.X said:

Didn't we start streams with the purpose of recording matches so that we could watch them whenever we wanted? You can support the streams watching them 3 weeks after the match was played. I don't understand what you are going on about with "supporting streams". Since when does watching them live make them any more special? Aren't they the exact same thing live than they are 3 years later?

Spectators can see and learn much more by watching what they want to see and not what the streamers want to see. For example, the latest stream BFCM vs KBBG, all that happened was the stream was centered on zero and talking about how bad he is.... how does that help anyone at all? Yes, it's very entertaining to have it in the background while you are spectating the match yourself in the server... but as a replacement for it? You don't really see much.

Mr.X said:
Gelden said:
Mr.X said:

He's not addressing your whole argument (talking about how most teams don't ghost), he's talking about what you just said. Addressing that, I very much agree we should be getting our streams up in notoriety. Locking to team view stops ghosting and promotes watching the stream.

valent69 said:
Mr.X said:

Didn't we start streams with the purpose of recording matches so that we could watch them whenever we wanted? You can support the streams watching them 3 weeks after the match was played. I don't understand what you are going on about with "supporting streams". Since when does watching them live make them any more special? Aren't they the exact same thing live than they are 3 years later?

Spectators can see and learn much more by watching what they want to see and not what the streamers want to see. For example, the latest stream BFCM vs KBBG, all that happened was the stream was centered on zero and talking about how bad he is.... how does that help anyone at all? Yes, it's very entertaining to have it in the background while you are spectating the match yourself in the server... but as a replacement for it? You don't really see much.

Yeah it is unfortunate that happens.

Actually you really didn't see zero hardly at all on the stream save for a close-up when it appeared both teams were waiting for master. If anything the infantry received too much camera time on the stream because I focused on the melees. The commentary harped on Zero because it was hilarious and there were moments the void needed to be filled because everyone was waiting for MotF.

As far as camera time...you hardly saw Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom