Native Completed Calamity's Advanced League (CAL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gelden said:
Maynd said:
CALagstro.png

That is legendary.

^ <3 you Maynd

Fehnor said:
Rhade said:
I also know that the tournament BkS plays in does hold quite a bit of weight

I didn't know peers was playing again.

lol.

I actually do agree with Rhade on the locked spec thing however. People should be encouraged to watch the stream instead of sitting in the server, just for the sake of the streams popularity and regularity and other -arity's.

Mr.X said:
People should be encouraged to watch the stream instead of sitting in the server, just for the sake of the streams popularity and regularity and other -arity's.

I still remembers some matches having more people in the server then actually watching the stream!

Mr.X said:
Fehnor said:
Rhade said:

lol.

I actually do agree with Rhade on the locked spec thing however. People should be encouraged to watch the stream instead of sitting in the server, just for the sake of the streams popularity and regularity and other -arity's.
I would much rather have free control over the camera so I can watch what part of the matches I want to watch instead of what parts the streamer wants to watch. Sometimes, I will leave a stream up in the background to grab the commentary, while watching the match live.

I really don't think there is an issue with ghosting in the NA community.

findecanno said:
Mr.X said:
Fehnor said:
Rhade said:

lol.

I would much rather have free control over the camera so I can watch what part of the matches I want to watch instead of what parts the streamer wants to watch. Sometimes, I will leave a stream up in the background to grab the commentary, while watching the match live.

Of course I would rather watch what I want as well, but it would probably be better for the community if anyone who wants to watch is watching the stream.

Mr.X said:
findecanno said:
Mr.X said:
Fehnor said:
Rhade said:

lol.

Of course I would rather watch what I want as well, but it would probably be better for the community if anyone who wants to watch is watching the stream.

I always hop into the stream. I Just agree with Beer.

Mr.X said:
it would probably be better for the community if anyone who wants to watch is watching the stream.

:lol: What ever happened to your everyday hypocritical statements of "Who are you to say what is best for the community?" or "Don't say things for other people, if you are going to say something, speak only for yourself and not for people that don't exist."

Everything you want to do... just seems like you are trying to decrease everyone's enjoyment in this game one way or another, just... why?

If ghosting were that big of a problem, then a team should just have someone trustable sit in the opposing teams' ts, vent or mumble to make sure it doesn't happen (and of course, not distract the team by making any kind of noises) . No need to ruin it for everyone that wants to watch the match the way they want to when it doesn't hurt anybody.

valent69 said:
Mr.X said:
it would probably be better for the community if anyone who wants to watch is watching the stream.

:lol: What ever happened to your everyday hypocritical statements of "Who are you to say what is best for the community?" or "Don't say things for other people, if you are going to say something, speak only for yourself and not for people that don't exist."

Everything you want to do... just seems like you are trying to decrease everyone's enjoyment in this game one way or another, just... why?

If ghosting were that big of a problem, then a team should just have someone trustable sit in the opposing teams' ts, vent or mumble to make sure it doesn't happen (and of course, not distract the team by making any kind of noises) . No need to ruin it for everyone that wants to watch the match the way they want to when it doesn't hurt anybody.

So you think it's better for the community if people do not watch the streams? Ok.

Please explain to me where I spoke for anyone else. I didn't say "everyone thinks its better for the community". I didn't say "my clan thinks this". I didn't say "everyone likes this tournament better". I said "it would probably be better for the community if anyone who wants to watch is watching the stream." If you don't understand how that is different from "everyone likes this tournament better", and how I'm only speaking for myself when I say that, then I really don't think I can explain it to you. I also don't think I can explain if you don't understand how watching the stream is better for the advancement of the community than watching in the server is.

In fact, wasn't I the one who suggested several times that we just let everyone have the tournaments that they want to have, and keep out of it? Pretty sure that was me. And you know what, you said the same thing, I think it's around page 9 or 10. I think it's pretty obvious that we both want to enjoy the tournaments we play in. Even so, I think you're arguing soley for your enjoyment, while I'm arguing for my enjoyment and for the advancement of the game. I proposed having a specified tournament server for the tournaments. Does that give me maximum enjoyment? No. I have a lot of friends who would prefer different servers and would be able to play on them in all but 2 or 3 matches. Instead I kinda screwed them over by suggesting that, and I hate that, but I did it because I thought it would lead to the least drama and tension over server choice. In this case, I said I would personally prefer to watch it myself, but I think it's more important that the stream gets viewers. It's a pretty small sacrifice to make for me, so I do it. I think supporting the streams is a good idea.

Please stop talking about my character and start talking about the game.

In regards to having someone sit in enemy teamspeak, isn't that like the ultimate ghosting anyway? That person could easily steam message his team members or something of that nature. Many times teams wouldn't have a player to spare to do that. And I would imagine a few teams would not like the idea of someone listening in on their calling. You proposed that like it was a simple solution, but it's much simpler to just lock the spec and force spectators to watch on the stream.

Rhade said:
You really can't have a competitive tournament and leave the camera unlocked in any FPS game. :/

Agreed.

Rhade said:
You really can't have a competitive tournament and leave the camera unlocked in any FPS game. :/

In my opinion it should be up to the captains. If any captain thinks it should be locked, it should be locked. If both captains are okay with it being unlocked, then I don't see a problem.

If you want the camera locked send me PM's. It's really something that's rather quite small at this point. If enough people give me reason to change it I will.

Mr.X said:
In regards to having someone sit in enemy teamspeak, isn't that like the ultimate ghosting anyway? That person could easily steam message his team members or something of that nature. Many times teams wouldn't have a player to spare to do that.

Well, I was talking more about a third party person, someone who wouldn't take either teams' side. We've had non-wK's in our mumble during our matches, and let them stay a long as they don't speak as to not distract those who are playing. I mean... any team that has nothing to hide should be fine with such a thing.  (Though I still think none of this is necessary, ghosting hasn't been much of a problem... so far)

Also, ANYONE watching the live stream of any match can call out a person's position through steam, there's what? like a 2-3 second delay? That allows anyone watching the stream to give away rather accurate positions to either team, I don't see how locking spec and having them watch the stream will solve that problem.

Locking spectators is silly. Acts to address a problem that doesn't exist in the NA community.

valent69 said:
Mr.X said:
In regards to having someone sit in enemy teamspeak, isn't that like the ultimate ghosting anyway? That person could easily steam message his team members or something of that nature. Many times teams wouldn't have a player to spare to do that.

Well, I was talking more about a third party person, someone who wouldn't take either teams' side. We've had non-wK's in our mumble during our matches, and let them stay a long as they don't speak as to not distract those who are playing. I mean... any team that has nothing to hide should be fine with such a thing.  (Though I still think none of this is necessary, ghosting hasn't been much of a problem... so far)

Also, ANYONE watching the live stream of any match can call out a person's position through steam, there's what? like a 2-3 second delay? That allows anyone watching the stream to give away rather accurate positions to either team, I don't see how locking spec and having them watch the stream will solve that problem.

I'm pretty sure the streamers can control the delay time. Not positive though. Honestly I think a bigger issue with ghosting would just be more things like "behind you!", as opposed to "2 archers here with warbows", ya know?

Zaffa said:
Locking spectators is silly. Acts to address a problem that doesn't exist in the NA community.

Again, it's tough to really be sure. Also locking spec promotes stream watching.

The only thing id say against open specs is the lag placed on servers when there are a lot of them. Though I think specs should be unlocked if allowed, I can understand preventing specs outside of designated streamers should one of the captains request it.

So zaffa... are you trying to say that youd have a problem with me bringing all my friends to spec matches with free lock and sit in vent during the entire match?

Elitist

:razz:

I promise you when people die, they will spec and move the camera around. If you're speccing your teammate, and you see a cav coming that he clearly doesn't, I'm sorry, you're not just going to sit there and not say anything. I can guarantee it's going to be something like "_______, cav behind" and that's a huge, huge deal in a match. Over half our kills are from good movement and surprising people, and I guarantee you people aren't going to just sit there and let their teammates die when they can help as their competitive life is on the line. I'm sure it won't be so much that it's going to be you're sitting in spec and informing your team of every movement, I don't believe ghosting to that extent will happen, but honestly I believe that's not as bad as the aforementioned example and I know that's going to be pretty prevalent, and it's honestly not worth it. You can still spectate by watching the stream or, worst case, if you're in the server and want to spectate a team -- join the team, kill yourself, watch the match from their locked cameras. A tournament without locked cameras is a tournament with results that are going to be questioned.

It can be unlocked if both teams agree, but I think it's silly to compromise the integrity of the results for a few people to spectate. Give streamer status to a dedicated streamer and let that be that.

In regards to vent lag, people have mumble and TS which is instant.

However, at this point, it seems Auscifer is going to refuse to unban us, so I'm not sure how relevant my opinion is going to be.

Why can't you give the people who want to spec the match that aren't playing streamer status, better than it being free

Not that it'll matter to you on 1500, random plains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom