Users who are viewing this thread

Well basically, this quest is not only very annoying and the opposite of "fun", but also broken.

King Caladog of Battania asked me he needed 5 Battanian Highborn Warriors for X's garrison". Now this is not even clear if we need to bring the soldiers to him or to donate them in X's garrison. You have 20 days or so to complete the quest.

That aside, to get theses Warriors, you first need to recruit Battanian Highborn Youth (if you're lucky you might get 1 warrior or 2). The thing is, these BHY are very rare and uncommon in villages to recruit. So you have to travel to every each village to maybe find one, which is no fun at all. Then, when you're done and have 5 BHY, you need to upgrade them to Warriors.

Which is a huge pain. Why? Because...
1. There is no training perk.
2. You have to run all over Calradia to find and chase big enough looter armies so that your BHY might get XP, and might upgrade.
3. When you find some, you better not attack yourself. You should send your troops because for an obscure reason, your beginner troops get more XP this way. Which is less fun.
4. There are some chances that instead of getting XP, your BHY be wounded. Which in this case, you have to go to a settlement and wait for them to heal, which, by this time leave you with few days to complete the quest. Again, not fun to just wait for your army to heal.
5. You might still have 1 or 2 BHY (others having been upgraded), with like 5 days to complete the quest. Thing is, if you're unlucky, they get wounded again and again, and you have to wait for them to heal and chase another looter band, send your troops and hope for the best. It's just boring.
6. When I finally managed to have my 5 BH Warriors, I went back to Caladog and talked to him.
Guess what?
No option whatsover about having completed his task. When I talked to him about his quest, the only options I had were to tell him "I need more time" or "I'm still recruiting". Why? No idea. I found out Ithat 1 of the 5 warriors was wounded so maybe it did not count. By the time he had healed, it was too late, quest failed. So I loaded a previous save for the 20x time, managed to have 5 BHW in great shape, still no dialogue option to give him the warriors.
Now I was beginning to freak out.
7. Maybe I had to donate the troops to the city garrison? Logically, this should have completed the quest.
Still nothing.
After giving those 5 warriors to the garrison, I go back to Caladog and tlak to him.
Still no option to tell him "DONE".
8. I loaded a much older save at the beginning of the quest, did the whole thing again: visiting every Battanian village to maybe get a BHY; chasing looters and sening troops to attack to give them XP; getting BHY wounded so waiting until HP restored; chasing looters again; finally upgrading them; go back to Caladog, nothing; give the garrison those 5 warriors, nothing...still the same. All over and over.

So yeah, this quest is absurdly time consuming and very frustrating. I lost about 3h trying to complete this quest without any success.

Please keep up your good, I know you're all working hard here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom