Café / Caffeine Thread

When is your favourite time of the day to consume your caffeine of choice?

• Whenever it's available.

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • As soon as I wake up.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Before breakfast

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Breakfast.

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Before lunch and/or dinner.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • During lunch and/or dinner.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • After lunch and/or dinner.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Nighttime.

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Urgrevling said:
I love how angry some people get when you call it "expresso". Serious business.
I prefer to make my coffee the old fashioned way with a kettle. You get a few grounds in it sometimes, but it's a nice morning ritual to put the kettle on.

Did you call it expresso?

4d2327ee18774,Kaffee-Cocktail.jpg

Dryvus said:
Urgrevling said:
I love how angry some people get when you call it "expresso". Serious business.
I prefer to make my coffee the old fashioned way with a kettle. You get a few grounds in it sometimes, but it's a nice morning ritual to put the kettle on.

Did you call it expresso?

I took Italian for two years in school, so no. But I find snobs who think that's important annoying. Especially if they also pronouce Michelangelo "Mitchelangelo".

Gestricius said:
You mean cowboy coffee?  :eek:

I guess, but I'd only call it that if you're cooking it over an open fire. I rarely get to do that, but I'm looking into buying the right kettle for it.

You I like.

I've tried getting a kettle + mug but they are quite hard to find.
Didn't find anything on Amazon last time I looked.  :neutral:

EDIT :  :!:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Relags-enamel-coffee-liter-2014/dp/B001AO2NNW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1422469716&sr=8-17&keywords=coffee+pot+enamel
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Milestone-Crockery-Enamel-Mug-Black/dp/B00JBZ023A/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1422469757&sr=8-7&keywords=coffee+mug+enamel

Moka pot is the way to make dat dere morning coffee. Have everything set when you go to bed so all you have to do in the morning is put it on the stove. Make yer toast and by the time you're done the coffee should also be. Good way to wake up imho.

I like those too, but I think you preferably need a grinder. The right coffee for moka pots is a lot more expensive than the coarse grounds used for normal coffee making. 'Course, that's not a problem if you don't drink it every day, but in my experience it can get a little addictive.

A coffee grinder is on my wish-list for when I grow up.

When I feel like spending inferior money on blue crap, I'll tell you.  :razz:

It actually looks pretty decent, especially considering it's apparently fireproof enough to take out camping.

I might buy the mug, feels a bit clumsy with the pot knowing that I already have stuff for making coffee while I'm out in the wild.  :razz:

Cafe Au Lait is pretty good, albeit weak.

All this talk about camping makes want to make a camping thread.
Should I?

Urgrevling said:
I like those too, but I think you preferably need a grinder. The right coffee for moka pots is a lot more expensive than the coarse grounds used for normal coffee making. 'Course, that's not a problem if you don't drink it every day, but in my experience it can get a little addictive.

A coffee grinder is on my wish-list for when I grow up.
Having a grinder and still buying ground coffee sounds rather pointless to me.

I'd also assume that a grinder worth buying will never pay itself back, if you're using a moka pot that is. Filter coffee is much more forgiving in terms of grinding.

Back
Top Bottom