Cymro

Grandmaster Knight
Yes, quite.

Smiley001.jpg

Smiley002.jpg

Not as bad as this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6159630.stm

The morale of the story?

People are ****ing stupid and like to employ lawyers. We're all doomed. Except the lawyers.

Veggies and Vegans and well pretty much everyone with an allergy or something along those lines just like to complain.

@Suspect-Device: Where did anyone say anything about vegetarians or vegans complaining? It's just ****ing silly. Not even bureaucratic silly but stupid silly.

Very smart and foreseeing on the side of cadbury, but I think it's a shame some people are quite so stupid. And, what's worse, being stupid can be a pretty certain way to riches.

Naridill said:
Adorno said:
the Swiss Guard isn't in Switzerland...    :smile:

They have to be Swiss though, you know :razz:
Point taken  :smile:

Seriously, the concept of contingency fees is is devastating to a justice system.
It simply means that the plaintive loose nothing (no money) in case of a lost trial and wins
a huge amount of money by winning (the lawyer/lawfirm gets an equally large share).

Redcoat - Mic said:
Because it's obviously not dragon, so you don't know what the hells in it.
If you ever wonder about the ingredients of a product you can, oh I don't know, read the ingredients list? I suspect even non-vegetarians would do so because they would wonder what made up the "dragon" flavour.... mmm, dragon... tastes like griffin...

This story is ridiculous. What next, McDonald's getting in trouble for their New Zealand "Kiwiburger" not actually containing meat from the kiwi bird? How about "Eskimo" Pies not being made by or out of Eskimos?

Damnation said:
@Suspect-Device: Where did anyone say anything about vegetarians or vegans complaining?
From the article: "we would not want vegetarians to buy the sausages believing they were meat free"; the implication is that vegetarians would unknowingly buy this product and then be shocked to find out that it contains meat. This advisory group seems to think that vegetarians are very, very stupid people; anyone who assumes a product is meat-free simply because it uses the name of a fictional or endangered animal is clearly too stupid to survive long in this world.

It's very strange that they recommend putting the meat type in the product name when there are many products that don't do that; for instance, here in New Zealand there is a popular type of pre-cooked sausage simply called "Sizzlers"; while the front of the package specifies "pork flavour" or whatever type it is, this is not part of the product's name nor does the front explicitly state that it contains actual meat as well as having a meat flavour.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Vilhjalmr said:
I AM SO PISSED OFF AT THAT DRAGON BS.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

And hell, isn't dragon meat still technically meat? Why would vegetarians think otherwise? :???:

Because it's obviously not dragon, so you don't know what the hells in it.

Maybe you could read over the packaging if you're that type of person to worry about what you're ingesting?

If people are dumb enough to not read the packaging, title, etc and eat something they thought was something else, they deserve what they get! Unless it actually was mislabled or in tiny tiny print.

Darian said:
Damnation said:
@Suspect-Device: Where did anyone say anything about vegetarians or vegans complaining?

From the article: "we would not want vegetarians to buy the sausages believing they were meat free"; the implication is that vegetarians would unknowingly buy this product and then be shocked to find out that it contains meat. This advisory group seems to think that vegetarians are very, very stupid people; anyone who assumes a product is meat-free simply because it uses the name of a fictional or endangered animal is clearly too stupid to survive long in this world.

Yes, indeed. But I highly doubt that any vegetarian or vegan has complained so far, which I took to be Suspect-Device's point.
Suspect-Device said:
Veggies and Vegans and well pretty much everyone with an allergy or something along those lines just like to complain.

Back
Top Bottom