C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan said:
Alright, I conclude that The British are boring, but the Black Hand people remain my favourite units  :smile:

I can understand that.. well whaddaya expect?

Though there's some food for thought: at least the Murondianishific army has proper knights and archers and decent billmen to form melee ranks, a fact which cannot be said for the IS, which remains a conceptually interesting faction, but
end up losing in my book for boring-ness of combat. At least Murond does other things than stand and shoot.

I think Nikephoros already decided the Black Hands to be a special party. They're just a militant organization, moving in the shadows as always.

Alright then, we'll have billdudes.

Also, another interesting awesome unit I would like to point out are the People's Guard with "sword bayonets" longer than the normal... I was imagining those japanese imperial troops on the movie "the Last Samurai" but with a little bit longer swords  :twisted:, and might be mistaken for a polearm, and might give that anti-cavalry role to some extent.

The musketeers are an attempt to emulate professional forces, but let's just say Murond will fail at first, producing mediocre, but not peasant forces. Uniformed, maybe a little disciplined but still wet in the ears.

Well,I think the Zweihander(s) in the mod is ugly,what about this?
2011-02-02-09510541.jpg

In regards to Murond soldiers, knights, etc, why not crib some details from the Officer of Horse (Royalist Harquebusiers)?  They had some pretty dramatic and dashing costuming going for them, along with relatively solid armour, good weapons, and what would pass as 'hunters' for horses.

Sure, there'd be a similarity to the HU cavalry, but there'd be some stylistic differences, slightly heavier armour, and they'd look dashing. :wink:  Always important, that last.

I've got some photos of gear from the English Civil War of the 1640's, if they'd be of use. Simple shots, but it gives some idea of the costuming, armour, and weapons for a Parliamentarian musketeer and sergeant of pikes, and a Royalist officer of horse.

Northcott said:
In regards to Murond soldiers, knights, etc, why not crib some details from the Officer of Horse (Royalist Harquebusiers)?  They had some pretty dramatic and dashing costuming going for them, along with relatively solid armour, good weapons, and what would pass as 'hunters' for horses.

Sure, there'd be a similarity to the HU cavalry, but there'd be some stylistic differences, slightly heavier armour, and they'd look dashing. :wink:  Always important, that last.

I think that I've had the same idea, but it was turned down ...

I've had something like this in mind :
roundhead_ironsides_info.jpg

claymore833 said:
Well,I think the Zweihander(s) in the mod is ugly,what about this?
2011-02-02-09510541.jpg

Maybe the blade is a bit too long and thin. The average zweihander blade (including the Ricasso) was about 120cm long and 5-7cm wide, with the hilt being 35-50cm long. The model is pretty good, though. If you're the author, you may want to look at some historical repert to get inspiration:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Espad%C3%B3n_germano.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Zweihaender_im_historischen_Museum_Basel.JPG/300px-Zweihaender_im_historischen_Museum_Basel.JPG
A flamberge (on the left): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Epees-p1030433.jpg/150px-Epees-p1030433.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Dresden-Zwinger-Armoury-Sword.04.JPG/600px-Dresden-Zwinger-Armoury-Sword.04.JPG

Hey there everyone,

I don't know how much you've done one the Murond, and I know there been a ton of troop trees, but i figured i'd get my 2 cents in to help your amazing mod.  Slam me if its no-where near what you were thinking, or its just plain bad.

Towns

Murrond Levies:
Commoners that wanted to show their support for the new government headed towards the conscription offices and were given whatever weapon that was in reach, from billhooks, to swords, to pistols and clubs.
(Branches to Pistoleers/Billmen)

>Pistoleers:
Levies who killed multiple knights were given the sword(National symbol of the revolution) and a shield to better protect themselves.
(Branches to Crossair)

>Billmen
Fighting in the cities and stealing the armour of fallen Order warriors, they are now the standard infantry of Murrond.
(branches to Guisarmeer)

>>Crossair:
To help aid in financing the reforms of the Murrond government, it employed the best troops to take to the seas and raid trading vessels for their goods and denars.

>>Guisarmeer:
Captains of the army would choose Billmen who had shown their prowless of the battlefield to be equipped with the best equippment and the Guisarme.

City:

The Royal Rifles

Rifles:
Having recently imported or raided rifles form other countries, the Murrond government has trained its hardened soldiers to master the new weapon to devastate their foes.
(Branches to Baker's Guard/Baker's Calvary)

>The Bakers Guard:
After long reverse engineering and testing, the first Baker Rifle was made and only given to the best marksmen. The troops attached knives to the rifles by tightly rapping clothe around the hilts of the knives and the barrels.

>Baker's Calvary:
Shortening of the barrel on the Baker rifle made it easier use on horse, but at the cost of accuracy.  But the fast Coursers allowed to close with the enemy, then escape their reach after firing.

The Orange Order
Having publicly announced their devotion the The New Murrond Government and rejection of Thomas Henry VIII, they now are employed by the Captains of Murrond.  They still bear their armour and weapons of the old order.

Jadeite Axeman:
Equiped with throwing axes, a Jadeite axe and plate mail, they were the main troops of the Orange Order
(Brances to Halberdier/Longbow)

>Longbow:
Master Marksmen with a longbow and a falcada.

>Halberdier:
The Guards of the castles, once feared and respected by the commeners, now stand in firing lines protecting the pistoliers.
(Braches to Paladin)

>>Paladin:
The royal knight, still devoted to the old way wield either the lance halberd, or the heavy two handed axes.  They ride Hunters, the only steeds able to bear their heavy armour.

In my opinion,
A main army with soldiers employing pistols as a "main" weapons sounds and looks ludicrous and well corny :lol:...

Yes, them Blackhand enforcers do wield so, but they're not a professional force, cowboy agents if you may. Pistols would often be used by cavalry but not as a main weapon of infantry.

FuryFire said:
In my opinion,
A main army with soldiers employing pistols as a "main" weapons sounds and looks ludicrous and well corny :lol:...

Yes, them Blackhand enforcers do wield so, but they're not a professional force, cowboy agents if you may. Pistols would often be used by cavalry but not as a main weapon of infantry.

The whole "Blackhand" idea is way cornier than anything he posted IHMO.

lol, took you that long to admit that. hehehe... So far, what are your opinions, on what's happening on Murond?

Well I figured that since you guys didn't want a clone army, and none I know wield pistols and bills as their cannon folder, I'd figured that be unique. And the rifles are available through the towns, to make it different-ish. :smile:

I've sorta made it my creative writing assignment to write a short story on the events leading up to the revolution.  So I could post that when I'm done to give you all ideas, unless someones already has tackled it already.

Tipo

Is anything even happening with this mod? Nikephoros has wandered off and Somebody is busy making Chapter 3 more awesome.

Toffey said:
Is anything even happening with this mod? Nikephoros has wandered off and Somebody is busy making Chapter 3 more awesome.
We haven't heard or seen anything from Nik and until that happens, C4 is nothing short of a fantasy.
Unless.. Somebody decides to take on that job as well, but I won't encourage him to do so, because 1 modder alone can't finish
C4 within half a century.

That would be wise. It would at least tell the newcomers that there is no work being done on a C4 and that making actual suggestions is futile for now.

Only if someone gets an undeniably and universally ultra-awesome idea or something to speed up future work for the mod, only then, should they post it. Not for minor ideas.

FuryFire said:
lol, took you that long to admit that. hehehe... So far, what are your opinions, on what's happening on Murond?

Said it before, never liked the blackhand and grey brotherhood ideas.
As for Murond, doesn't really matter , C4 ain't coming any time soon if ever.

Hmm, if you want to make it look more realistic, i would add King Mindaugas Or  change Grand Duke Vytautas to leader of the faction for the Grand Dutchy, because they are the historical leaders, and people putting polish and russian morons as leaders of the dutchy are very wrong about it. Unless this is supposed to be not realistic or annoy some people who like their country.

Back
Top Bottom