In Progress General (C#) MBDebug renders & editor console text not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Modded
After the main branch was updated from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2, my implementations of TaleWorlds.Engine.MBDebug no longer work, specifically calls to RenderDebug objects (spheres, lines, 3d text, etc). My code compiles okay, and I can hit breakpoints but no shapes or 3D text actually render. This bug occurs both in the scene editor and in-game (called in my own ScriptComponentBehavior, under OnEditorTick and in-game OnTick).

I've also noticed my implementations of TaleWorlds.Engine.MBDebug.ShowError and TaleWorlds.Engine.MBDebug.ShowWarning are not working correctly. I can only get one instance of either error or warning (whichever is executed first) per game session. After the first instance, I can still hit breakpoints for ShowError or ShowWarning, but nothing prints to the editor console.

MBDebug.ShowError and MBDebug.ShowWarning are working on the 1.8.0 beta again, however, MBDebug.RenderDebug objects are still broken.

I was able to build out UI using MBDebug.RenderDebug for my script components that are otherwise hard to use without render object visualization. This is on 1.7.1:

mbdebug.png

Back
Top Bottom