NA Skirmish Completed BSL Discussion *NEW* $360.00 Prize! NA

Users who are viewing this thread

I am talking about the fact that in case of a problem the admin will decide. What will happen if there is a problem including the admin's team? Obviously the admin will chose his team, especially an admin who acts defensive as soon as he is confronted about this problem.

You really need to be more specific if you are going to hammer down a point on this. Blanket statement "what IFs" hold no ground.

If anyone sounds biased, it's the Mouse House of Veterans who seemingly can't stand seeing Bannerlord move on without them and their set ways.

MHoV...great tag honestly- and the name is so much better.

"Wah Wah Wah - This CAN'T be the first tournament for Bannerlord! VK is running it! WHY IS THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN?!"

Maybe if you stepped down off Olympus....

You really need to be more specific if you are going to hammer down a point on this. Blanket statement "what IFs" hold no ground.

If anyone sounds biased, it's the Mouse House of Veterans who seemingly can't stand seeing Bannerlord move on without them and their set ways.

"Wah Wah Wah - This CAN'T be the first tournament for Bannerlord! VK is running it! WHY IS THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN?!"

I don't care who host the tourneys, as long as the tourney is well hosted. People I like hosted bad tourneys, and took bad decisions. What matters however is the obvious bias of this tourney. How will the only admin watch his own team for example? What will he do if someone breaks the rule in his team, but it hasn't been seen. I am saying that because when rittenhouse fought a scrim with VK both team agreed not to use the hut, however one of VK archer used it. People breaking rules to win in a training match will probably not play fair in a tourney involving money.

If people wanted tournaments they would have run them before. People don't want tournaments right now until the game is improved.

I don't care who host the tourneys, as long as the tourney is well hosted. People I like hosted bad tourneys, and took bad decisions. What matters however is the obvious bias of this tourney. How will the only admin watch his own team for example? What will he do if someone breaks the rule in his team, but it hasn't been seen. I am saying that because when rittenhouse fought a scrim with VK both team agreed not to use the hut, however one of VK archer used it. People breaking rules to win in a training match will probably not play fair in a tourney involving money.

Then the opposing team will know and take a screenshot, all rounds where he's done that would be subtracted from the total. There's not really many rules you could break and it not being seen in BL (as far as I'm aware).

I pretty much agree with everyone here though, it's not the best time to host a tournament due to there not being custom servers, a solid ruleset etc. It's unfair to base results off random skirmish matches and factions, it's suppose to be even where both teams can play the same map on the other faction. The good thing about the servers though, is that there's no one in spectator, so they can't join in, ghost or anything, though that also means if a player times out, they're pretty much gone for the rest of the match.

Then the opposing team will know and take a screenshot, all rounds where he's done that would be subtracted from the total. There's not really many rules you could break and it not being seen in BL (as far as I'm aware).

I pretty much agree with everyone here though, it's not the best time to host a tournament due to there not being custom servers, a solid ruleset etc. It's unfair to base results off random skirmish matches and factions, it's suppose to be even where both teams can play the same map on the other faction. The good thing about the servers though, is that there's no one in spectator, so they can't join in or anything, though that also means if a player times out, they're pretty much gone for the rest of the match.
" What will he do if someone breaks the rule in his team, but it hasn't been seen. " I meant by that that the other team didn't notice.

" What will he do if someone breaks the rule in his team, but it hasn't been seen. " I meant by that that the other team didn't notice.

Like I said, If you glitch or anything similar, you'd definitely almost always see it (there's literally nothing you can do in BL that wouldn't go unnoticed). Another option is that a referee could sit in the discord channel and watch a live broadcast made by one member of the team - that way you'll definitely know, quality shouldn't be an issue, as long as you can hear the discord and see the 240p stream, it's probably enough. If they want to record it and provide raw footage instead, that's also ok.

Like I said, If you glitch or anything similar, you'd definitely almost always see it. Another option is that a referee could sit in the discord channel and watch a live broadcast made by one member of the team - that way you'll definitely know, quality shouldn't be an issue, as long as you can hear the discord and see the 240p stream, it's probably enough.
You can shoot from the wall without being seen (Thanks TW). I'd be fine with it if there were referees and an actual admin team, but there are none atm. And if there are referees, will they be from VK as well?

The fact only 1 stream per side leaves a lot of the PoV in the hands of that streamer, when a lot can be going on with the rest of the map. There's nothing against recording your own PoV, or taking screenshots of messages/rule-offenses and bringing them to the public. Let the public decide what they see.

Do you have media proof of that scrim of a VK member using the hut? Why was it never exposed by Rittenhouse right after the scrim?

If you didn't notice, Les is more than willing and outright seeking people that are willing to watch and help administrate. If you don't want to, that's fine. If you don't want to participate, that's fine too. Again, coming in here and expressing "We the mouse house are not comfortable with this format and will abstain" was all that needed to be said from -any- of you not wanting to be part of this. But here we are, 5 pages deep of vets bashing something that really has nothing to do with them if they choose to not partake.

Actually it does matter to me. If the first event is a failure, new players will stop playing in the NA scene and they will miss real tourneys. Why would we rush something when we can wait for some time and do it well.

Actually it does matter to me. If the first event is a failure, new players will stop playing in the NA scene and they will miss real tourneys. Why would we rush something when we can wait for some time and do it well.

Paranoia rears it's ugly head. Believe me dude, the game is doing that all on it's own. The fact members of the community outside the pack are pushing for progress and making an effort should be commended, not condemned. We're making the best of what we got- that says a lot more than walking around with a stick up your arse, waiting to be spoon-fed by a company that doesn't give a damn about who you are, what you have won. All they see is your license number, and the dollar signs you paid for it.

If you actually cared about the tourney failing, and you actually cared about the game; you'd swallow your pride and help rather than take a dump.

But we all know it's really not about any of that.

Few Points-

1. Perhaps there's a bit of confusion with overlap here, since a lot of the people commentating on the format of the tournament also engage in banter over on the VK thread. As best as I can tell, the fact that VK is hosting it isn't the issue, so brush that chip off your shoulder. If someone from the RCC attempted to host a tournament with these settings, I would reduce them to a sniveling wreck and have them go back and watch every Bladecast stream explain to them that there are inherent issues with the format, the majority of which have been mentioned above. You want to host a tournament? Go for it. You want to make it competitive? Add money and let people salivate. You may call this a competitive tournament all you want, it certainly fits the criteria, but in no way shape or form is it as fair as it could potentially be, which will discourage many people from signing on.

2. Please keep in mind that the rudimentary structure of warband's competitive tournaments was heavily impacted by the initial formats utilized by early tournaments, and that while settings were adapted overtime, the manner in which these early tournaments are hosted will have a definitive impact on the progression of the scene. If you (Les) believe that its the right option for 1 man within 1 clan to dictate such an important precedent, then nothing I can say will dissuade you. I will comment that a community, in general, functions better when multiple viewpoints/representatives are entertained, discussed, and refined to produce a more satisfactory outcome.

3. As of this posting, half of the interested non-VK teams are made up of of 'MHoV' (read: one team). For ostensibly being such a small part of this new, large Bannerlord scene, that seems to indicate disproportionate interest.

Paranoia rears it's ugly head. Believe me dude, the game is doing that all on it's own. The fact members of the community outside the pack are pushing for progress and making an effort should be commended, not condemned. We're making the best of what we got- that says a lot more than walking around with a stick up your arse.
Waiting for a good environment is better than rushing and failing. If you were a level 1 with no gear and no tools to kill a Lvl 15 boss, would you rush the boss instead of farming to be Lvl 15?

Back
Top Bottom