Buying Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shieldwing

Recruit
I will sound maby really stupid for some, but I kinda have no idea how it works. So is it necessary to buy Warband before u buy VC to play it or you can just download warband, buy VC(download ofc.) and play it?

Thank's already!

You want to buy warband first as VC is a DLC for Warband. You need warband installed was well - the DLC is not stand-alone.

Thank you for your reply!

I hoped tho that I could just buy Viking to save money! ^^ (60% off for M&BW guess i better buy it fast)

The Native SP Campaign has a sh*tload of quality mods for it, so you can at least try that if VC's SP doesn't work out for you (and they are all free!)
The M&B franchise is something that seriously shouldn't be missed out on - I've played 1700 hours in 1.5 years and am still discovering new things everyday...
If we took value for money as currency unit - per - hour, then Warband, CS and GM are the best value games out there. (At least for me :smile: )

Don't buy Viking Conquest. It's hilariously unfinished. Wait a few months and then you can pick it up on sale when it might actually be worth the money.

Shieldwing said:
I will sound maby really stupid for some, but I kinda have no idea how it works. So is it necessary to buy Warband before u buy VC to play it or you can just download warband, buy VC(download ofc.) and play it?

Thank's already!
buy warband, there are tons of good mods for it, you actually buy all in one. vc is not that of a good choice atm, but it will be when it is fixed

Aklis said:
Don't buy Viking Conquest. It's hilariously unfinished. Wait a few months and then you can pick it up on sale when it might actually be worth the money.

for someone that already said he doesnt like the game and would like a refund... you sure spend alot of time around this parts.  :mrgreen:

Shieldwing said:

Thank's already!

The only stupid question is the one you never asks.

Warband is like 80% off on Steam today (should be like 3 bucks or so, my store is not in dollars...). VC is a DLC or add-on or expansion and so it does require the base game. The nice thing is that VC is 20% off too so you can get them in a nice package.

And check this board:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html

In my own experience I would suggest:
ACOK
Brytenwalda
Silverstag or Floris

That as a start.

Shieldwing said:

Thank's already!
Buy Warband then play till your fingers drops.  :smile:
So if you like the historical period of powder, I recommend you MB: With fire & sword. Wait a little bit before buy the Viking Conquest DLC, it requires more fixes and updates.

FelipeII said:
Shieldwing said:

Thank's already!
Buy Warband then play till your fingers drops.  :smile:
So if you like the historical period of powder, I recommend you MB: With fire & sword. Wait a little bit before buy the Viking Conquest DLC, it requires more fixes and updates.

or try the new mod L'Aigle... if it is half as good as it looks it will kick WBFS ***  :mrgreen: and its free

kalarhan said:
or try the new mod L'Aigle... if it is half as good as it looks it will kick WBFS ***  :mrgreen: and its free
Hmmm, I don't know this mod, I guess its a valid suggestion. I will search this one.
EDIT: ouch, wait, It isn't the mod based in napoleonic wars but single player? Yeah, I really need to play this mod :grin:

FelipeII said:
kalarhan said:
Hmmm, I don't know this mod, I guess its a valid suggestion. I will search this one.
EDIT: ouch, wait, It isn't the mod based in napoleonic wars but single player? Yeah, I really need to play this mod :grin:
It's not part of the NW DLC for Warband (just to clarify), but I'm sure it's gonna be great. Released on the 31st of December.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195571.0.html

However, this has been the year of overhyping a game which eventually underdelivers. Wathc Dogs, Destiny, AC: Unity, ...VC... :neutral:
They should have waited for 2015 just to be on the safe side lel :grin:

TheGG said:
However, this has been the year of overhyping a game which eventually underdelivers. Wathc Dogs, Destiny, AC: Unity, ...VC... :neutral:
They should have waited for 2015 just to be on the safe side lel :grin:

Nah. They will be able to proudly say they didnt release a single hotfix or bug fixing patch in 2014  :shock:

(of course they will have one in Jan 1st... but thats like another year!)

how about actually play the dlc and then report bugs and glitches and thus help to fix/polish the game and make it worth buying instead of telling people not to buy it and not help the community/dlc/Taleworlds?

I agree that compared to Fire & Sword the actual state of Viking Conquest is disappoiting and, yes, we aren't hired to be beta tester. But nobody forced you to buy it, so the only thing we can do now is give our feedback to help to improve the game, or ask for refund(I prefer the first one).
The best advice I can give for the guys how regret of buy it: Try to search before spend your money on it.  :???:

Well as of version 1.02, it is as playable as was expected on release, I can even recommend it.  Though if your PC is a bit on the weak side, I would suggest waiting till they optimize it some more.

But as for the base Warband, it being on sale (80% off) is a must have for anyone who is remotely interested in medieval combat :grin:

The complete package of Warband + Fire&Sword + Napoleonic Wars + Viking conquest looks like a great deal too if you have none of them.

Back
Top Bottom