Buttercream Sundae Shoppe 1.7.0 [Mod List]

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been a rough couple versions for Mod Enjoyers, but I think we're stable now! The mod-related changes made to XMLs and C# methods are not going to go backward, so here we go!

Preface: Lots of mods require one or more of the following helper mods. Install all of these, in this order, above all the Native modules:
  1. Harmony
  2. BetterExceptionWindow
  3. ButterLib
  4. UIManagerEx
  5. ModConfigurationMenu

Part 1 --- Buttercream --- ALL this stuff should be Native functionality; note the final load order suggestion
  • Balanced Tournament Armor
  • BattleHorns
  • Better Bows ('spBetterBows')
  • Better Save/Load
  • Better Time (adds the 4x button)
  • Daytime Hideouts
  • Dismemberment (Plus)
  • Feel the Hit
  • Grip My Axe
  • Helmet Hair Cover Continued Plus
  • Houses of Calradia
  • Interesting Companions
  • Leave on Click
  • Party Screen Enhancements
  • Raise your Banner
  • Realistic Battle AI Module
  • Simmer Down Meow
  • Simple Shield Patterns
  • Sorted Income
  • Treeless Female Troops
  • Ultimate Mounts Reforged
  • Yell Out
  • POC Color Randomizer mod (mod author recommends to load last to catch all the Troop XMLs)

Part 2 --- Help Yourself --- these could all stand to be Native, but they either have a lot of interface options or other issues which move them to "Intermediate User"
  • AutoTrader
  • Bannerboard
  • Distinguished Service
  • Fourberie (Roguery)
  • Improved Garrisons
  • Party AI Overhaul and Commands

Part 3 --- Mix-Ins --- Immersion or recommended improvements to game data/systems; these could unbalance your savegame/campaign :: A few have instructions to clear any mod data while in-game before removing the mod so as to keep your savegame clean, so pay attention if that's your thing.
  • Attributes Matter
  • AutoResolve Rebalanced
  • True Battle Loot
  • True Noble Opinion
  • True Quality Modifiers
  • True Ransoms
  • True Relations
  • True Town Gold
THESE TWO ARE A MAJOR PRICE SHOCK, but pretty cool if you've played a ton and are looking for a new balance. Parties are expensive, and items are cheap!
  • True Army Costs
  • True Item Values
Part 4 --- Bacon Bits -- Completely Optional but delicious
  • Character Reload
  • KaosesTweaks
  • No Campaign Intro
  • No Intro
  • Marry Anyone
  • Fixed Pregnancy Control
  • Captivity Events *content warning! And don't bother with the "Default Cap Ev" checkbox, just "Cap Ev"
  • Detailed Character Creation
Part 5 --- Thoughts on Realistic Battle Mod Combat Module
  • Realistic Battle Combat
  • Open Source Armory+RB Patch
These two are great; really makes the game better, by a lot. However, the thing that keeps me from fully endorsing RBM-Combat is the methodology by which they achieve "realism": it's incompatible with your other gear mods (note that Open Source Armory, a great big equipment mod, has to patch their normal xml for compatibility). But, if you're willing to put up with that, it's a good upgrade to TaleWorlds' combat.

---

This is just what I'm playing with right now: no troop trees at all, not much different from vanilla, except for QoL and a few tweaks. It's stable already, though!

So, grab all the mods you want, drop POC Color Randomizer mod after your troop trees, and have fun!

Okay, that's it for 1.7.0! They told us to abandon all our old saves, because 1.7 is going to be the base going forward!

Enjoy!

EDIT 10 Jan 22: Updated 1.7Beta to 1.7, added Fixed Pregnancy & other "Bacon Bits" for 1.7 Main

Last edited:
I'm using marry anyone which required 4/5 of the pre face mods. First I was going to marry everyone, but this was too corny, then I wanted to use the marry ability to make pseudo clan in sandbox by marrying assorted notables , but then I restarted again because I found you can adopt children, so I can finally start as an old lady and steal children and because some the older children will join you early it's okay if I die and it's like having a clan too.

I'm using marry anyone which required 4/5 of the pre face mods. First I was going to marry everyone, but this was too corny, then I wanted to use the marry ability to make pseudo clan in sandbox by marrying assorted notables , but then I restarted again because I found you can adopt children, so I can finally start as an old lady and steal children and because some the older children will join you early it's okay if I die and it's like having a clan too.
Yeah, when Fixed Pregnancy Control is updated to 1.7, it'll be a party!

Regarding "4/5ths", Better Exception Window is very optional, but it does need to be right after Harmony.

Hello,

So I finally started experimenting with mods!
I started with the Diplomacy since it said it would not mess up your current game as you can even remove it without any problems.

Then I tried the RBM mod, it worked great in custom battles. However, when I tired it with 1.7.0 sand box mode I had serious issues!
The whole troop assignment system is quite finicky to say the least, but when I used RBM HA were combined with Arch and I was not able to separate them no matter how I tried, then after literally 7-8 min of trying every combination, the game crashed!
So I had to remove RBM and continue with 1.7.0 and Diplomacy only.
I am wondering whether it is an incompatibility issue or just a game save issue. I will have to try RBM with a new Sandbox campaign.

Let me know which mods you guys are using now with 1.7.0 and if they are working well.

Thank you.
APC

Any chance we will see a mod like Heritage again? Switching between clan members was an awesome option i feel should be in the vanilla/native game.

Any chance we will see a mod like Heritage again? Switching between clan members was an awesome option i feel should be in the vanilla/native game.
Agree: the ability to "dynasty" from any Character would make replay value insane!!

UPDATE: I went ahead and added a couple of mods which updated since 1.7 went to Live.

Currently Previewing:
*Agriculture Estates
*Clean Fields
*Cultured Start

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom