Buttercream Sundae Shoppe 1.5.9 [Mod List]

Users who are viewing this thread

mujadaddy

Regular
WB
Hey everybody; I've played a lot of unmodded Bannerlord and about 2 weeks ago decided it was time to mod. I'm not saying I tried every mod out there, but I did try a whole lot of them and I figured since it took some work to get everything stable, I would share my conclusions. I'm going to assume you've done a little bit of modding and know how to drag and enable them.

Preface: Lots of mods require one or more of the following helper mods. Install all of these, in this order, above all the Native modules:
🧈 Harmony
🧈 BetterExceptionWindow
🧈 ButterLib
🧈 UIManagerEx
🧈 ModConfigurationMenu

Part 1 of 5 --- 🍦 🍦 🍦 Buttercream 🍦 🍦 🍦 --- ALL this stuff should be in Native, and if it's not alphabetical, it is a load order suggestion
🍦 Realistic Battle AI
🍦 RTSCamera + Command
🍦 AI Values Life
🍦 Bear My Banner (MCM)
🍦 Real Horses, & Greater Improved Camels
🍦 Better Time
(adds the 4x button)
🍦 Consider My Kingdom
-- this might be redundant with Allegiance Overhaul mod below, but is stable
🍦 Defend Yourself
🍦 Dynaculture (MCM)
🍦 Feel the Hit
🍦 FixedFormationSpawns
-- niche issue, but doesn't break anything
🍦 Foozle's Map Pack
🍦 Governors Handle Issues
- makes appointing a governor do something!
🍦 Helmet Hair Cover Tweaks
🍦 Houses of Calradia (Custom Spawns)
--- lets other clans live & grow
🍦 I don't care
---- would be nice if it did onscreen Banner notices too
🍦 Leave on Click
🍦 Loot Everyone (MCM)
🍦 No Relation
🍦 Party AI Overhaul Commands Continued
🍦 PhotoMod
🍦 Responsive Soldiers -
(except for Chargeshouting lol)
🍦 SimmerDownMeow
🍦 Simpleshieldpatterns
- I tweaked it from Level 15->Level 21 to see more 'generic' shields
🍦 SpBetterBows - Some archery nerd went and re-nocked all the bows! Not sure it works but doesn't break anything
🍦 SurrenderTweaks
🍦 Tournament Fair Armor
🍦 Treeless Female Troops
- Randomizes gender for every troop tree!
🍦 TrueRelationsFix
🍦 UseYourArmytoBuildImprovements
- ask any soldier what idle armies do...

Part 2 of 5 --- πŸ₯„ πŸ₯„ πŸ₯„ Help Yourself πŸ₯„ πŸ₯„ πŸ₯„ --- these could all stand to be Native, but they either have a lot of interface options or other issues which move them to "Intermediate User"
πŸ₯„ Allegiance Overhaul (MCM) - defaults to no changes; gives logs and conflicts!
πŸ₯„ AutoTrader
πŸ₯„ Diplomacy (MCM)
πŸ₯„ DismembermentPlus (MCM)
πŸ₯„ Interesting Companions
-- more, and higher-tier, companions in the world
πŸ₯„ Improved Garrisons
πŸ₯„ More Income and More Production
πŸ₯„ More Settlement Actions -
so good!
πŸ₯„ **Noble Titles -- inconsistency in TaleWorlds titling causes "Queen Queen Yara" occasionally
πŸ₯„ Party Screen Enhancements -- would be higher, but _some_ of this is coming to Native 1.6; but not the upgrade trees
πŸ₯„ Separatism
πŸ₯„ Settlement Icons
(coming to Native)

Part 3 of 5 --- Mix-Ins --- Immersion or recommended improvements to game data/systems; these could unbalance your savegame/campaign :: A few have instructions to clear any mod data while in-game before removing the mod so as to keep your savegame clean, so pay attention if that's your thing.

::SYSTEMS:: πŸ₯œ πŸ₯œ "Nuts" - Crunchy Bit sπŸ₯œ πŸ₯œ
πŸ₯œ Attributes Matter
- makes heroes heroic!
πŸ₯œ *Bandit Militias - good, but might be the source of a lot of message spam
πŸ₯œ Better AutoCalc -- not much different imo
πŸ₯œ Better Horse Charges (MCM) (tweak multiplier downward slightly, 1.25->1.15)
πŸ₯œ Better Raiding Loot -- wayyyyy more loot
πŸ₯œ DaytimeHideouts -- am I waiting for you to get home before I raid your loot?
::TROOPS/ITEMS:: πŸ‡πŸ‰πŸŒπŸπŸ“πŸ’πŸ₯ "Fruits" - Sweet BitsπŸ‡πŸ‰πŸŒπŸπŸ“πŸ’πŸ₯
🍍 Addonay's Troop Changer requirement!
πŸ‡ *Calradia at War/Custom Spawns - text spam?
πŸ’ Open Source Armory + Items, Items, Items
πŸ‰ Kaoses Expanded Bandits Vanilla Trees
🍌 More Troops -
Everybody in the pool!

Part 4 of 5 --- πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“ Bacon Bits πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“ -- Completely Optional but delicious
πŸ₯“ BattleMinimap - I use it occasionally, but it hurts immersion imo
πŸ₯“ Character Export - save & load body presets; I hear it can do other things, too
πŸ₯“ Character Reload - Edit anyone right in the Encyclopedia
πŸ₯“ Deadshot - You're fighting COMPUTERS, Ted
πŸ₯“ KaosesTweaks - contains lots of parameters to adjust your campaign; I differentiated trade goods' & food prices by tiers to give a little more price variation: ~2000 for spice!
πŸ₯“ LootLord - for the good stuff; although I now have 40 noble bows...
πŸ₯“ MarryAnyone - Lord Byron Simulator; I'm at 26!
πŸ₯“ FixedPregnancyControl - Carol Danvers Simulator
πŸ₯“ Transmogrification - Change item appearance for your fashion show

Guess what? ALL OF THE ABOVE MODS can be added to your EXISTING CAMPAIGN! Caveat Balancer

Part 5 of 5 --- 🍴🍴🍴 Game Overhauls 🍴🍴🍴 -- Starting a new game? Always start here!

πŸ” Calradia Expanded -- map mod, new games only
πŸ§† Cultured Start - for new starts only; I don't think it triggered for me, but everyone recommends it and it doesn't break anything
πŸ— Detailed Char Creator -- Great mod, but breaks my Encyclopedia when added midgame

EPILOGUE --- "What about x?"

Well, I probably tried it. Here are a few that didn't make the cut for different reasons:

De Re Militari -- this is a very good idea, but the implementation conflicts with adding other troop trees
Realistic Battle Combat Module - not until I can adjust hand placements via MCM. I'll deal with it if Taleworlds makes the change, but I'm not relearning how to swing every polearm
Extended Family -- too much text in the Encyclopedia for me
BannerPaste -- I don't know what this is for! It doesn't break anything to have it installed
Telepathy ---- Letters in 'Diplomacy' trumps this, but FYI it exists
Scouting Actually Works No Herd Fix -- this didn't break anything but didn't appear to function

All of these sound cool, but I tried, and they do not function:
CRASH CODES: (L, on launch; S, on load; D, during game; B, balance breaker)
D- !?!?!?Distinguished Service!?!?!? Runs, triggers, but crashes on GetFirstName(); savegame problem?
D- Succession; crashes on succession check, but lots of other mods too...
D- Interesting Clans -- seems to break existing saves as well as not work in new ones, even with the Fix
L- Equipment in Encyclopedia?!? isn't working not sure if load order/too many items.xml adds
L- Lord From Family
S- Arranged Marriage / + for Family
?- HORSEBREEDING?!?!?! - won't enable checkbox no matter where I put it; The mod has Taleworlds DLLs in the Module folder; not liking that
B- Pacemaker - the tweaks all work, but the balance/compensator is really bad

Okay, that's it for now. 1.6 and lots of mod changes coming, but I will make a new post then! Enjoy!

POSTSCRIPT
Does anyone know if you can make a mod which is just a "subscription" of multiple other modules? I can manage myself, but that might help newer players.

PadrePio

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SNW
Hi! Do you have a stable mod list for version e1.6.0? I'm super new to modding Bannerlord and I'm not sure what mods to install and where to begin.

mujadaddy

Regular
WB
Hi! Do you have a stable mod list for version e1.6.0? I'm super new to modding Bannerlord and I'm not sure what mods to install and where to begin.
Not yet. I was just updated by Steam to 1.5.10 last night and have been updating my mods. I will do a 1.5.10 post in this thread probably tonight or tomorrow. (Minimap and RtsCommands stopped working! edit: had to reinstall the 1.5.10 patches, then they worked)

Regarding 1.6, I know there are lots of mods with specific 1.6 updates. I am going to do another post like this big one, but not until 1.6 is the Release version; make sense?

Last edited:

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
Mods really give new life to this game, I'm in 1.5.8 because the Veteran/Family/kingdom Start remains there, but I use many of those ones too, including the Calardia expanded, it's fabulous.

Top Bottom