SP Native Medieval Bulgaria in Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

OK guys, basically what I am trying to do here is a mod that everyone will like, so... My idea is not to make a "patriotic" mod (as Lumos said) or all around fictional mod(because if I make it fictional it will be similar to Sword of Democles and I don't want that...). I am trying to combine history and fiction in this mod. Now that I think of it I could combine the first and fourth option of the poll and make it like this:

-When a player enters the game he will have to choose between some historical factions which he can be (maybe I'll make a poll on which historical factions you would like me to add...)
-When he has chosen a faction then he can make his kingdom, make his companions as lords ect. ect. ...
- Then someday a faction will invade Calradia(again will make a poll because I like them  :razz: and you can choose whether the faction will be fictional or historical ( like maybe the Ottoman Empire..) )

So basically thats my idea (for now) and I will change the name...

Stan233 said:
OK guys, basically what I am trying to do here is a mod that everyone will like, so... My idea is not to make a "patriotic" mod (as Lumos said) or all around fictional mod(because if I make it fictional it will be similar to Sword of Democles and I don't want that...). I am trying to combine history and fiction in this mod. Now that I think of it I could combine the first and fourth option of the poll and make it like this:

-When a player enters the game he will have to choose between some historical factions which he can be (maybe I'll make a poll on which historical factions you would like me to add...)
-When he has chosen a faction then he can make his kingdom, make his companions as lords ect. ect. ...
- Then someday a faction will invade Calradia(again will make a poll because I like them  :razz: and you can choose whether the faction will be fictional or historical ( like maybe the Ottoman Empire..) )

So basically thats my idea (for now)...
And there was much rejoining :grin:. I can't wait to invade those scummy Calradians!

Aye, I quite like the idea (eventhough I voted for the first option).
Of course, there can always be a reversed option, eventhough it would require more work - instead of medieval Europe/Balkans invading Calradia, you can have Calradia invading medieval Europe/Balkans. Just imagine - Swadians vs. H... HR.. Hremans? Uhm, well, Germans. :razz: Or, oooh, united, imperial Calradia invading ancient Rome (though that would require exceptional amount of work), with the mod being renamed to "Vol. 2: Calradia strikes back". :wink:

NikeBG said:
Aye, I quite like the idea (eventhough I voted for the first option).
Of course, there can always be a reversed option, eventhough it would require more work - instead of medieval Europe/Balkans invading Calradia, you can have Calradia invading medieval Europe/Balkans. Just imagine - Swadians vs. H... HR.. Hremans? Uhm, well, Germans. :razz: Or, oooh, united, imperial Calradia invading ancient Rome (though that would require exceptional amount of work), with the mod being renamed to "Vol. 2: Calradia strikes back". :wink:
Hmm... that's  a cool idea, but there is however one problem... I can't make maps for Mount and Blade :???:... Yup I suck at mapping so it will be extra hard for me to make this happen. I've tried mapping and it didn't turn out so good... It's a great idea but I just can't make it happen.

25423886.jpg

I voted Macedonia because Romes been done and the others are pretty much represented already.

An invasion of a fictional continent by historic nations is kind of silly, but it still can be interesting (yes, SoD).
If you have too much time, why don't you make multiple historic nations invade Calradia from different directions. That would please everyone and make for some interesting game dynamics.

kermen said:
Stan233 said:
Thracia*  :wink:

Hmm. "Tracia" is a usage also, i guess. Nah, whatever... We call it Trakya, that's the only thing I'm sure about it :smile: Good luck with your first mod!
Thanks!  :smile:
MadVader said:
An invasion of a fictional continent by historic nations is kind of silly, but it still can be interesting (yes, SoD).
If you have too much time, why don't you make multiple historic nations invade Calradia from different directions. That would please everyone and make for some interesting game dynamics.
Yes, I was thinking about that but I am working alone and it will be sooo much work... I'll see what I can do about this...

Locked Poll!
Results:
Ottoman Empire.                      3 (21.4%)
Barbarians.                              1 (7.1%)
Vikings.                                    1 (7.1%)
Crusaders.                              5 (35.7%)
Roman Empire.                        1 (7.1%)
Macedonia.                              3 (21.4%)
Other fictional faction.              0 (0%)
The invading faction will be The Crusaders!

I am starting to make the faction... Tomorrow I'll make another poll about which factions would you like to be in-game.

The mod is dead....

Yeah, while I was gone today my dad for some reason decided that he wanted to format my disk...  :mad: So basically I lost all scripts resources textures and other important stuff for the mod, sooo yeah this is the end of that mod....

I know i can download v 1.0 and I do have the old module system which has some scripts in it but I don't want to redo all those stuff because it was a heck of a lot of work and I didn't have time for my social life...

I am sorry for all those people (which are very small group I presume) who were waiting for the mod but I can't do it, well I cant do it all over again. Maybe in the future I will make a pure historical mod but nothing is certain.

Regards,
Stan

Very sorry to hear this. Hm, well, I myself could never stop modding, even if a global apocalypse occured, but in case you haven't reached that stage (of obsession!) yet, good luck with any potential future projects. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom