Building pc for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

just take Intel i5-9400f, Nvidia GTX 1660 Super, and 16 GB of RAM(in 1 chip and later buy another 16 GB),and motherboard something with Z - MSI z390-a pro it will be enough for few years (pretty budget build)
21.png

ps: ryzen 5 3600 is better than Intel i5-9400F ( and ryzen 5 3600x is far more better )

Last edited:
just take Intel i5-9400f, Nvidia GTX 1660 Super, and 16 GB of RAM(in 1 chip and later buy another 16 GB),and motherboard something with Z - MSI z390-a pro it will be enough for few years (pretty budget build)
21.png

ps: ryzen 5 3600 is better
Also, I want 32g ram for a specific game I seen the min req is 16 and recommended ram is 32

We’ll know soon enough with benchmarks on EA. I have 9600k 16g 3200 ram samsung evo nvme and a nvidia 1060. It’ll do the job fine. Saving up for a nvidia 30xx series as I gave the 20xx series a miss.

I like amd’s and I my last pc was one but I found most of the time the intels just run faster. Hopefully that will change.

We’ll know soon enough with benchmarks on EA. I have 9600k 16g 3200 ram samsung evo nvme and a nvidia 1060. It’ll do the job fine. Saving up for a nvidia 30xx series as I gave the 20xx series a miss.

I like amd’s and I my last pc was one but I found most of the time the intels just run faster. Hopefully that will change.
I understand the all intel is better, but when u take intel vs amd for the same price point, amd is better, also when it's time to upgrade cpu, most likely u can stay with the same motherboard on amd, intel most likely you would need to replace the motherboard as well.

yeah 20xx series is a big disappointment .

I have i7-8700k, 32GB RAM 3000 MHz, and Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8GB GDDR5X - for super small case .
My build -Mini-ITX "No Compromise Build"

maybe for huge game files you might actually use more than 16gb of ram, but only if those games were optimized to be used with an old platter style hard drive. which might exists, but I would think of those games more as a unicorn than the status quo. most games are optimized to use 2 sticks of 8GB and rarely ever use more than the first stick of ram, especially if they are coupled with an NVMe drive piping data to the ram at a staggering 16GB a second.... not even close to the ballpark of platter disk rate of 200MB a second.. it's in another universe. just something to consider, you really are going against the grain if you choose 2 sticks of 16GB

maybe for huge game files you might actually use more than 16gb of ram, but only if those games were optimized to be used with an old platter style hard drive. which might exists, but I would think of those games more as a unicorn than the status quo. most games are optimized to use 2 sticks of 8GB and rarely ever use more than the first stick of ram, especially if they are coupled with an NVMe drive piping data to the ram at a staggering 16GB a second.... not even close to the ballpark of platter disk rate of 200MB a second.. it's in another universe. just something to consider, you really are going against the grain if you choose 2 sticks of 16GB
Theres a game that's in development at the moment and the rec specs for it are 32g ram while min is 16g ram

Which game needs 32gigs of ram? That's insane and probably bad development.
Anyhow, get a B450 montherboard, x570 is expensive as **** and you do not need PCie 4.0. Many b450 boards come with the correct bios for Ryzen 3xxx .
Get a 3600 it just as good as the 3600x, get the 3600x if it is a couple bucks more because it comes with a better cooler.

As you live in the US the second hand market maybe is a good option for a GPU, maybe you can get a GTX 1070 or 1080 for a good price. If you want new then 5600xt is better than the 1660Ti, it is just as expensive but performance is 11% better.

Furthermore I would get the 660p NVMe drive from Intel, is more than good enough for games and streaming and just as cheap as normal sata SSDs. If you don't want QLC (more than reliable enough for your workload) then NVMe is not worth it at that price point, sata SSDs load games just as fast.

PSU is 450W minimum, 550W is more than enough. Get a decent brand (be quiet, Seasonic, Corsair, silverstone).

Well i've been very happy with my amd 3700x combined with 1080 gtx. I've heard that even the cheaper model 3600x is very good for its price, but at least get a dedicated geforce gpu.

Wait, so 3600 is better then 3600x?
There's very little to choose between them. The X is more expensive and has slightly higher clocks and a better cooler, but I think even that cooler leaves a lot to be desired.

So I would get the cheaper 3600 and use the savings (£40 where I am) to get a quality third-party cooler, then it might well outperform a 3600X (it will have thermal headroom to boost higher) and run quieter too.

I have R5 2600 Rx590 (blue one) 2x8 gb 3000 mhz ram and sata ssd can i run 500v500 battles in ultra graphics (maybe anisotropic filtering and shadow quality like settings could be medium or high) with 45+ fps ?

[QUOTE="The 9600k only has 6 cores 6 threads opposed to a rzyen 3 3600 which is lower priced and has a slightly lower clock speed but has 6 cores and 12 threads.
[/QUOTE]

Intel basically hobbled some of their CPUs for the sake of product differentiation. All of the ninth gen CPUs support two threads per core, yet half of them seem to have the feature disabled. In 2020 less that 8 total threads can be problematic in some games. The 9100F is a nice low cost CPU, BUT IT ONLY HAS 4 THREADS. This does affect it's performance in modern games and makes it a less than useful part. Intel needs to stop playing around and get hyper-threading back into ALL of it's CPUs.

I have R5 2600 Rx590 (blue one) 2x8 gb 3000 mhz ram and sata ssd can i run 500v500 battles in ultra graphics (maybe anisotropic filtering and shadow quality like settings could be medium or high) with 45+ fps ?
Wait for tests :grin:

Your CPU is a bit below the "recommended" spec though, which is 3600X.

I think 500x500 is going to be demanding. But who knows. If a 2600 can handle it then I'll be getting one myself.

Back
Top Bottom