Building a dynasty with children: what for?

Users who are viewing this thread

The mods I've found so far aren't up to the task of making the game fun.
Still, I think the native game campaign should already live up to expectations. But it is certain, it will be necessary to work.
The mods actually really suck... Not politic, "diplomacy" mod, not good too, "RPG" mod, that there aren't... "companions rpg" mod, sucks...
Etc.

Last edited:
The mods I've found so far aren't up to the task of making the game fun.
Still, I think the native game campaign should already live up to expectations. But it is certain, it will be necessary to work.
The mods actually really suck... Not politic, "diplomacy" mod, not good too, "RPG" mod, that there aren't... "companions rpg" mod, sucks...
I'm suspecting you either have not much knowledge of available mods, or that you might suffer from "bad taste syndrome". The latter I can't help with, the former's easy, if you need pointing I can link all mods that caught my eye and made past my "quality assurance" lol

I'm suspecting you either have not much knowledge of available mods, or that you might suffer from "bad taste syndrome". The latter I can't help with, the former's easy, if you need pointing I can link all mods that caught my eye and made past my "quality assurance" lol
Personal attacks you keep them for you. Maybe it's because I've already worked on making video games that I only see the flaws...

Personal attacks you keep them for you. Maybe it's because I've already worked on making video games that I only see the flaws...
Most mods that were released a few version ago are not compatible with the current version of the game, perhaps waiting on the fully release game, most of these mods will be up to date and better.

Most mods that were released a few version ago are not compatible with the current version of the game, perhaps waiting on the fully release game, most of these mods will be up to date and better.
Yes i tryed many, and it's difficult to find a good stable solution...

For information : i tryed together these mods :

- dynaCulture,
- companionpartycontrol,
- fourberie,
- improvedgarrisons,
- manageableCommanders,
- RecruitEveryone,
- TrueNobleOpinions,
- TrueRansoms,
- TrueRelations,
- ScoutingMovmentSpeed,
- UnlimitedCAP,
- WorkshopCaravanExp,
- WorkshopAdvanced,
- StartCampaignMarried,
- CharacterCreation,
- CustomWanderers.

One of these mods break my game. So, Guess which one ?

If you find which one (I know, since it's just the last one I added) you will have a combination of mods that work together (still have to check over time...)

What I miss the most, in fact, are more "RolePlay" modes and with fun companions. But that's the hardest thing to do...

The only one I found is totally stupid and hip "prostitution", "sex", slavery... Completely stupid... The same thing with a "medieval" story mixing intrigues, investigations, pagan beliefs, bards, and fights would be much better.

-

Last edited:

- dynaCulture,
- companionpartycontrol,
- fourberie,
- improvedgarrisons,
- manageableCommanders,
- RecruitEveryone,
- TrueNobleOpinions,
- TrueRansoms,
- TrueRelations,
- ScoutingMovmentSpeed,
- UnlimitedCAP,
- WorkshopCaravanExp,
- WorkshopAdvanced,
- StartCampaignMarried,
- CharacterCreation,
- CustomWanderers.

If you find which one (I know, since it's just the last one I added) you will have a combination of mods that work together (still have to check over time...)

What I miss the most, in fact, are more "RolePlay" modes and with fun companions. But that's the hardest thing to do...

The only one I found is totally stupid and hip "prostitution", "sex", slavery... Completely stupid... The same thing with a "medieval" story mixing intrigues, investigations, pagan beliefs, bards, and fights would be much better.

-
Manageable Commanders and improvedgarrisons seems to duplicate the same function somewhere, They are not compatible. So I removed "manageableCommanders".

- dynaCulture,
- companionpartycontrol,
- fourberie,
- improvedgarrisons,
- manageableCommanders,
- RecruitEveryone,
- TrueNobleOpinions,
- TrueRansoms,
- TrueRelations,
- ScoutingMovmentSpeed,
- UnlimitedCAP,
- WorkshopCaravanExp,
- WorkshopAdvanced,
- StartCampaignMarried,
- CharacterCreation,
- CustomWanderers.

-
I would add that this list of "mod" works well together. But it does not satisfy me in the sense that after playing the "bandit" (this is the interest of certain mods presented above, in particular "fourberie") for several hours, boredom sets in again quite quickly because it leads nowhere. It would take mods that offer "playable and fun RolePlay goals" to be achieved in stages without changing the gameplay too deeply. "Fourberie" is excellent but it lacks this common thread that would give meaning to our actions. Concretely : In the "fourberie" mod, we have functions in the cities that allow us to act in increasingly difficult "deals" (scams, thefts, etc.). In the Hideouts, we have, thanks to this mod, the possibility of doing "deceitful" actions directed towards Lords. We can thus order a "murder" of a designated Lord for example. The mod is not very "verbose" so I have not yet fully understood the consequences of all these actions. It would be all the more interesting if we had a goal to achieve (such as assassinating the leader of a faction with a bonus as a result). Ideally, it would be welcome to have an "anonymous" npc who gives us "orders" of "fourberie" and in conclusion, gives us our "reward".

For my part, what is missing in the native game, and in particular in the campaign:

He is a Calradia RolePlay "order giver" and storyteller.
If I had to work on such a game project, I would do this:

- make an endearing companion: (as in a novel, you have to give a strong identity to this character, I would make him "endearing", "funny" and "mysterious" at the same time), let's call him "Flibuste",
- tell the history of Calradia: work on the background in depth, the history of each people in detail, the history of each city in detail, the history of each village, in detail, the history of beliefs (this which would promise in the years to come, big updates with new elements around these beliefs), with the trades, with the history of the great characters. A lot of work to do but essential to provide a background worthy of the name. This is a real "literary" work, this work could even give birth to a publishable work,
- put libraries in all cities where we could find story elements of each place, library updated regularly with new elements,
- The special companion, "Flibust", would regularly give players RP elements of Calradia: history of places, villages, peoples, beliefs, this special companion would never die (you would have to block these "skills" so as not to make a "superhero) and would not age. He would be "really special and mysterious". these characteristics some bonuses from the start (not in trade, it would be useless to have this companion if he is permanently responsible for a caravan, this companion must accompany us everywhere and remain in the group.),
- This companion would accompany each "Update".

That's how you make a good game, because the mechanics of a game serve a story. And there, the development possibilities are endless, only the limits of our imagination (while respecting the technical constraints inherent in the game).

Obviously, this requires hiring a writer. It's hard work, and all work deserves pay.

In my opinion, this writing work should have been done from the beginning of the development of "Bannerlord". Now we have to look long term. Developing a "background" means enriching a game by giving it a unique identity.
But this work must begin quickly. TW must therefore find a "writer" now knowing that it will only have consequences on the game in a year or two, maybe more (it leaves time to correct the game and improve it even more).
The writer, he must be given time to discover the game, give him a "specification" (the expected content, the character, the libraries, possibly dialogues for the npc in the villages and towns, npc "immortals" there too to meet the RP need, it won't have a big impact if they are just merchants, "citizens", librarians, etc.), discuss with him the constraints inherent in a video game, and then leave him "card white".
And in the end, it will be a long-awaited "MAJ".

A page on the TW site could regularly provide information on the "RPG" progress of the project.

Many players will use it to make their "own Roleplay blogs".

Last edited:
I have come to the to realise at the moment in campaign a wife and children are just extra lives if you die. But if thats the point i would rather not have death on , but then battles don't have that edgy feeling that a wrong move could get you killed or if you do an heroic action you put your characters life in danger and if you pull that off it feels great and exciting. I really hope TW improve on clans relations adding betrayals, friendships, clan merging through marriage, assassins, kidnapping, robbery, trial justice based executions, successions, rivalries, companions leaving you if you don't alignment with there values, duels, A more in depth banner creator , Better banners for factions, Crowns for kings or queens, Rebellions forming there own official kingdoms. As i say at the moment its STILL just a battle game with no point to the clan system.

I don't think the system is pointless, but it doesn't add too much other than the things outlined. They are "extra lives" which i don't mind. it could be more, but it would require significant work i think. At some point, you either have it be a paid DLC or it will probably not get the attention it deserves to make it something greater. One small fix to the system that could make it more useful is to recognize something weird about it.
What's weird is that your male child would be considered a man at age 12 or 13 if we take the medieval realism seriously, and should be able to lead parties. Just adding this fix would be huge to make the system more impactful, immediately, with just a few tweaks.

Last edited:
I have come to the to realise at the moment in campaign a wife and children are just extra lives if you die. But if thats the point i would rather not have death on , but then battles don't have that edgy feeling that a wrong move could get you killed or if you do an heroic action you put your characters life in danger and if you pull that off it feels great and exciting. I really hope TW improve on clans relations adding betrayals, friendships, clan merging through marriage, assassins, kidnapping, robbery, trial justice based executions, successions, rivalries, companions leaving you if you don't alignment with there values, duels, A more in depth banner creator , Better banners for factions, Crowns for kings or queens, Rebellions forming there own official kingdoms. As i say at the moment its STILL just a battle game with no point to the clan system.
Nerfing the death rate of nobles was one of the worst (and most popular) changes TW made to the game.

I think the dynasty appeal died as soon as they scrapped fief building and any other long term mechanics they had wanted. With nothing but map painting there's no appeal to extra long games where children grow up. Using them as replacement is awkward too because they must be 18 to become the clan leader, so if you actually die in combat (still never had it happen) before then you are stuck as your wife/husband until they are 18 (assuming you can use the retreat then to retire then). If you don't die in combat then it's weird because you can't skill up non-clan-leader as well, so the adult kid is going to be a worse replacement when you die of old age and be old already so any skills they do max out will last a shorter amount of time before they die.

I think for the way the game ended up, it would be good to have children stay with you and had some kind of quests and event related to them that could come up and make them usable in battle younger too, Because 18 years is just too long for the game.

...you can't skill up non-clan-leader as well, so the adult kid is going to be a worse replacement when you die of old age...
That's not my experience. I generally run a clan army with my kids leading clan parties within it. Leading parties within the protective umbrella of my army allows me to build up their leadership, medicine, scouting, tactics, stewardship and combat skills. Obviously if they have to take over at 20 their skills are minimal, however by 40 they're ok. You just need strong medicine skills to last into old age and give them time. :smile:

I think the dynasty appeal died as soon as they scrapped fief building and any other long term mechanics they had wanted. With nothing but map painting there's no appeal to extra long games where children grow up. Using them as replacement is awkward too because they must be 18 to become the clan leader, so if you actually die in combat (still never had it happen) before then you are stuck as your wife/husband until they are 18 (assuming you can use the retreat then to retire then). If you don't die in combat then it's weird because you can't skill up non-clan-leader as well, so the adult kid is going to be a worse replacement when you die of old age and be old already so any skills they do max out will last a shorter amount of time before they die.

I think for the way the game ended up, it would be good to have children stay with you and had some kind of quests and event related to them that could come up and make them usable in battle younger too, Because 18 years is just too long for the game.
18 is absolutely too late for them to be useful, and not realistic too(since 12-13 year olds were considered men in medieval era, which this game is based in). Again, some of the changes they could make are just tweaks, but they'd make a huge difference to how the game plays out. Just a few, very small tweaks would change the experience significantly for the better.

I don't think the system is pointless, but it doesn't add too much other than the things outlined. They are "extra lives" which i don't mind. it could be more, but it would require significant work i think. At some point, you either have it be a paid DLC or it will probably not get the attention it deserves to make it something greater. One small fix to the system that could make it more useful is to recognize something weird about it.
What's weird is that your male child would be considered a man at age 12 or 13 if we take the medieval realism seriously, and should be able to lead parties. Just adding this fix would be huge to make the system more impactful, immediately, with just a few tweaks.
TW practically deemed the system 'pointless' right around when they just added a toggle option for death/birth instead of addressing the gameplay concerns that came with actually developing a decent dynasty system into the game as probably too complex (much like the fiefs thing scrapped way back).

I had died in battle only once in a campaign without mods but this was in a earlier build. As i normally do a vanilla campaign which i play for a few hours after a new patch. The clan system and how the world works really needs some work as have you put it is just map painting which is a bit boring after a few games.

Back
Top Bottom