build_module.bat problem? 'Python was not found; run without arguments to install from Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from settings'

Users who are viewing this thread

Portocaliu

I have downloaded Python 2.6, edited the environmental properties (can be found in windows search) and added 'C: \ Python26' in both User_Variables and System_Variables paths. I have gotten rid of the semicolon ; from ';C: \ Python26' because I have and using a Windows 10.

My Mount and Blade Warband version is 1.174, there are no ModSys that are that version so I went for ModSys 1.171 which is the latest version I could find there: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/warband-modders-download-repository.326973/

I've heard that WB does not work with Python versions above 2.7 does not work, so went for 2.6 to play it safe.

When I run the /Module_system_1.171/build_module.bat this message comes up about 20 times: 'Python was not found; run without arguments to install from Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from settings > Manage App Execution Aliases. Could not find 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\Module_System 1.171\*.pyc'
NOTE: C:\Users\User\Desktop\Module_System 1.171\*.pyc is exactly where the file location is so should have no problems finding it, in fact it has found it but its just saying that it hasn't.

Do you know what the issue is? Have you seen this error before? Is it an error? If so, how to resolve this error?

Solution
I am unfamiliar with Win10, so I do not know. Jugding from my set-up on Win7, however, it seems that you have to point to py.exe and not to python.exe. Check your AppData or whatever it is called on Win10 for Python since the main folder in C: is not the only one.
He already confirmed that he points python to valid location.

@Portocaliu

To be frank and to I'll explain my side of the image situation,
If you can only share URL images then you need to post the images online first. I'd prefer this website to be flexible enough for me to share images directly from my computer, I am not going to post my images on a website like Pinterest just so that I can show them here.
Lastly, you can't put least...
Show your environmental variables because you set them up incorrectly.
You can also edit build_module and instead of using python as a variable, change it to full path instead.

Module system works with python 2 but not 3. Last python version you can use is 2.7.18.

Upvote 1
Show your environmental variables because you set them up incorrectly.
You can also edit build_module and instead of using python as a variable, change it to full path instead.

Module system works with python 2 but not 3. Last python version you can use is 2.7.18.
Made an image on paint to visually show you how my environmental properties look, but this forum seems to only allow URL-sourced images, so I'll try and show you with text. Using Python version 2.6/2.6.0.
System Properties -> Environmental Variables ...
a; User variables for User -> Path -> Edit (Path details -> C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApp;C: \ Py ...)
'New -> C:\ Python26'
b; System variables -> Path -> Edit (Path details -> C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wb...)

Upvote 0
To address some points mentioned in this thread:
  1. ModSys is compatible with Python 2.x, so 2.7 is fine as well (3.x does not work),
  2. ModSys 1.171 is the latest version (compatible with 1.172 and higher, so it applies to 1.174 as well), because 1.171 was the final update to the content of the game as newer releases did not add anything to it,
  3. there are many free image hosting websites on the Internet, just a heads-up,
  4. C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Launcher\ is my path variable that works for me on Win7, so make sure not to point to C:\Python27 (in my case), but to your user's Python launcher path.

Upvote 1
Made an image on paint to visually show you how my environmental properties look, but this forum seems to only allow URL-sourced images, so I'll try and show you with text. Using Python version 2.6/2.6.0.
System Properties -> Environmental Variables ...
a; User variables for User -> Path -> Edit (Path details -> C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApp;C: \ Py ...)
b; System variables -> Path -> Edit (Path details -> C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wb...)
its not helpful. Uploading image isn't that difficult topic to begin with, if you got trouble with that, it might be insanely difficult to continue...
Create user variable with name Path.
Value should be equal in your case to C:\Python26;
Semicolon has to be there.

If that doesn't help, execute C:\Python26\python in cmd and tell us what does it return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its not helpful. Uploading image isn't that difficult topic to begin with, if you got trouble with that, it might be insanely difficult to continue...
Create user variable with name Path.
Value should be equal in your case to C:\Python26;
Semicolon has to be there.

If that doesn't help, execute C:\Python26\python in cmd and tell us what does it return.
If you can only share URL images then you need to post the images online first. I'd prefer this website to be flexible enough for me to share images directly from my computer, I am not going to post my images on a website like Pinterest just so that I can show them here.

Adding a semicolon at the end of 'C:\Python26;' didn't change the problem, I am using Windows 10.
Gonna try putting in the 'C:\Python26\python' in command prompt (cmd), and it came up with this down below:

Python 2.6 (r26:66721, Oct 2 2008, 11:35:03) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits", or "license" for more information.
>>>

Upvote 0
To address some points mentioned in this thread:
  1. ModSys is compatible with Python 2.x, so 2.7 is fine as well (3.x does not work),
  2. ModSys 1.171 is the latest version (compatible with 1.172 and higher, so it applies to 1.174 as well), because 1.171 was the final update to the content of the game as newer releases did not add anything to it,
  3. there are many free image hosting websites on the Internet, just a heads-up,
  4. C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Launcher\ is my path variable that works for me on Win7, so make sure not to point to C:\Python27 (in my case), but to your user's Python launcher path.
Tried downloading Python into the paths that were shown in Environmental Variables path and tried downloading it in any suitable path I could think of. The batch could never seem to find or locate Python26 anywhere, still the same problem. Maybe it's the build_module.bat that is the problem?

Upvote 0
I am unfamiliar with Win10, so I do not know. Jugding from my set-up on Win7, however, it seems that you have to point to py.exe and not to python.exe. Check your AppData or whatever it is called on Win10 for Python since the main folder in C: is not the only one.

Upvote 0

@Portocaliu

Lastly, you can't put least ammount of effort yet expect other people to?

Upvote 0
Solution

@Portocaliu

Lastly, you can't put least ammount of effort yet expect other people to?

Your criticism is not very constructive, the only thing I expect from you is the benefit of the doubt, please tone it down with the rudeness because that doesn't help anyone. And I didn't ask you to provide any images, you did so on your own accord not because I told you to do so, I am not expecting others to put in effort for me I am only asking for help, I am not even expecting others to provide me any help, what you are doing is your own choice.

Anyway, thank you for providing the image, I'll do what you've shown and will let you know how it goes. I'll even get an imgur account and show you images.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your criticism is not very constructive, the only thing I expect from you is the benefit of the doubt, please tone it down with the rudeness because that doesn't help anyone. And I didn't ask you to provide any images, you did so on your own accord not because I told you to do so, I am not expecting others to put in effort for me I am only asking for help, I am not even expecting others to provide me any help, what you are doing is your own choice.
For the sake of being helped, please do not discourage others with a post like this. Even if you disagree with something, you may want to keep it to yourself to make sure others will be motivated to help you.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom