Build defensive siege engines

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I got my first defensive siege, was looking forward to adding a tactical array of defensive engines to pitter the enemy with. But, it just auto-built a full comp of Balistas without my imput. And then the enemy charged right after building a ram and with no other engines...

Honestly I'd like an option in town/castle management that lets me build siege equipment before I am under siege. Presumably a castle or town that is in a war would do some forward planning...

It be awesome if you could build a catapult to launch directly into the rams or towers but nah. Just built baristas

Soldiers need that coffee to stand sentry all night so baristas wouldn't be to bad.
I was going to make this joke too.

So, I got my first defensive siege, was looking forward to adding a tactical array of defensive engines to pitter the enemy with. But, it just auto-built a full comp of Balistas without my imput. And then the enemy charged right after building a ram and with no other engines...
Yeah, defensive siege feel like a rip off to me, It's usually much harder to do well since the AI won't actually attack you unless it thinks it will win. I always sally out because horse archers just give me so much more advantage then trying to fight in the siege map. I thin we need much better control and placement and to really be able to use all ranged units and siege equipment effectively for fighting in the siege map to be worth it.

Yeah, defensive siege feel like a rip off to me, It's usually much harder to do well since the AI won't actually attack you unless it thinks it will win. I always sally out because horse archers just give me so much more advantage then trying to fight in the siege map. I thin we need much better control and placement and to really be able to use all ranged units and siege equipment effectively for fighting in the siege map to be worth it.
the defense of a siege is hard because there are only few pre programmed spots on the walls for archers to shoot down. and it's hard to set them up with your formations. whereas when you attack in a siege you can always just line your archer formation up where you see fit instead of having to follow their pre-programmed locations.

Also the advantage thing, so if you actually get to defend the enemy has an overwhelming army. which could work to your advantage as they might skip building some siege machines. if they don't have the towers and you blow up the ram before it takes your front gate. you'll actually out kill the enemy in a defense. otherwise they'll just mob you

This post dates from 2021, but even today it's impossible to manage siege engines in defence, they're still automatic constructions, any solutions?

To control what is built it either has to be your settlement, or the owner of the settle has to not be there.

Are you sure? I've never been able to control what is built when defending a settlement I own.
There are some perks that start the settlement with some things in place, not sure if you can replace those, but I've never not been able to build unless the settlement wasn't mine.
I defended vostrum a few days ago, I was the only party there and it let me build what I wanted though it wasn't my fief.

This post dates from 2021, but even today it's impossible to manage siege engines in defence, they're still automatic constructions, any solutions?
What? You necro’d a thread AFTER they allowed you to start selecting what was built?

Were you not paying attention or just trying to cause drama?

Are you sure? I've never been able to control what is built when defending a settlement I own.
As long as you are the commanding official at the fortification and the owner isn’t present, I’m pretty sure you are the one selecting what is being built.

As others have said, even as a merc, if you are the only outfit there other then the garrison and militia, you can select and direct the defenses

Ah okay. So no wonder people don't know about it, it hasn't gone stable yet
And fair enough if people didn’t legitimately know it was there. This forum does have an obnoxious amount of drama at times, which make me suspicious of crap posting. The timing of the dredge is extremely odd

Back
Top Bottom