[BUGS] Weird ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Tachyon

Veteran
The following happened in 1.104:

1)In Rindyar castle , you cannot break into the Prison after killing the prison guard. There's no option to enter the dungeon. Only way to enter it is after bribing him.

2)I had joined the Sarradin's as a Mercenary. Now , they took Jamiche Castle from the Rhodoks...and the Sultan gives the castle to me (!!!). WTH , I'm not even a Lord to begin with. Although, my character report says that I'm a Lord of the Sarranid Sultanate. But I still have the option to offer my sword in Vassalage to the Sultan

3) I can't find any dialogue to break the Mercenary agreement. I went to the Sultan , but there's no dialogue option to remove the contract. Tried talking with the Marshal as well, no dialogue option there.

Maybe I got auto-magically promoted to a Lord for my superior performance? :razz:

4) I went to the Sultan and joined him as a vassal. Now , things have taken a turn for the worst. It says I now possess land in my name without being tied to any monarch (etc) . Yes, I'm now the ruler of my own Kingdom (and I still own Jamiche Castle , given to me as a "Mercenary" >_> )

And now , I appointed Alayen as my Minister. He disappears from my party , and he's supposedly at "Artemis". Oh , and I'm still the Lord of Jamiche castle , which is still part of the Sarranid faction and I retain my status as a Lord of the Sarranid faction apparently. So , where's that Kingdom I was promised?  I'm not really sure what's going on here o_O

5)I decided to leave the Sultan's service. So Jamiche castle is now taken away from me , and I'm a Lordless wanderer again.
Now , the strange thing is that while the Faction Relation report says "0" relations with everyone, the Rhodoks still won't let me into their cities (I was raping them during my tenure with the Sarranids).  I'm also on good relations with those cities. Another bug here?

6)While I was a mercenary for the Sarranids , I paid King Harlaus of Swadia a visit. He said that he was aware that I was pledged to a pretender to the throne, but would still speak with me. What on earth? I hadn't pledged myself to any claimant prior to meeting him.

I think prison breaks are heavily bugged.
The first prison break/ransom quest I received, there was no conversation about distractions in nearby villages.. I went to the castle and killed the guard. I could then enter the dungeon but could not interact with the prisoner or release them. Same if I bribed him.

Was just about to post about the same issue as you have posted at no.4. In my opinion it's kinda gamebreaking. I initially chose to be a mercenary after being offered the chance by Jarl Gundar of the Nord Faction. After a good 40 days of being mercenary on my 3 month contract, I had my own castle and village, as well as Rivacheg (captured from Vaegirs) set to become part of my fief.

I then decided that I wanted to become a vassal of the nords, I heard about how it restricts questing for lords but I wasn't  too bothered about that, so I signed up. My relationship instantly dipped from 43 to -40, presumably because I owned land in their name and was no longer alleged for a moment, then back up to 12... A net loss of 31 points. This wouldn't be a huge problem but I lost a companion when it told me I had started my own empire (WHAT!) and after i set her as a lord. After this I am also no longer the King's choice to take Rivacheg.

Fortunately I have a save from a few days back so I can revert to being a mercenary with nord land in my name, but I suspect I will come across the same issue when my mercenary status runs out, at which point I have a strong Nord empire ready to stab me in the back. Fun! I don't know if anyone has reported this to TW, so if anyone else can confirm this bug could they report it?

Is it possible to defer your fief without turning against the nords? This would prevent the break up of relations once my mercenary status is over. 

nempozpag said:
. My relationship instantly dipped from 43 to -40, presumably because I owned land in their name and was no longer alleged for a moment, then back up to 12... A net loss of 31 points. This wouldn't be a huge problem but I lost a companion when it told me I had started my own empire (WHAT!) and after i set her as a lord. After this I am also no longer the King's choice to take Rivacheg.

Yeah , I got the relationship dip too. It changed for all the factions in my case. Odd bug , I hope some of the devs look at this thread soon.

Back
Top Bottom