Bugs/Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

@ marco-mus

i find the roman troops are mainly recruitable from the villages aroung the shoreline of the roman territories- try around the leggio II  Augusta roman villages

Hi  back again  started a new game  and i havnt been captured or killed and my stats have decreased power throw from 5 to 1 streangth from 15 back to 8, power strike from 7 down to 2 again,    if i take off a weapon or armour i can not use then now as to my stats can hardly use a basic weapon if i take my equip off.   

Please How do u stop your character from dying  loosing there skill points and stats -  this is the only mod this has ever happened,  i like the realism but u must be able to get these points back to the original,  healing and surgery dont seem to help, by the time u gather a small kingdom your stats are destroyed ?  by day 100 i have to start a new game in this mod or get killed by 1-2  hit of a weapon regardless of level or skill points ;(  can somebody pls help.

if u level and put points into the stats and skills that have decreased to rectify the red points decreasing u just waist the points  and it wont rebuild ?  someone help i really want to finish this mod but i cant because of this bug i am assuming as all mod preferences due to realism and damage were disabled and the problem still exists .    if i can figure out how to post a sreen shot of my characters stats i will.

thanks for the help

btw most indeprth mod i have played so far keep up the good work

I really like the armies and such, but it seems as if the armor weighs my soldiers and me down too much. I do not have the armor penalty enabled.

This is such a beautiful mod. Such a perfect effective experience. However the campaign map could be expanded. Would you be interested making a new roman mod set in post marius pre emprire era from hispania to parthia? This mod could include a good senate system, construction, diplomacy, rebellion, barbarians and conquest. A mod that inlcudes the ficus rome pack and the aquili and standards. A mod that would indeed set the bar for roman mods in this game. This could be done, and I believe you could do it.  :grin:

so i'm trying to install the game, i download the file from nexus, and try to open it from 7-zip when i get this error "can not open "where the file location is" as archive, now i've tried redownloading it from nexus twice and neither time was i able to open the file with 7-zip, if anyone could offer me some tips that would be greatly appreciated!

aderemi123 said:
This is such a beautiful mod. Such a perfect effective experience. However the campaign map could be expanded. Would you be interested making a new roman mod set in post marius pre emprire era from hispania to parthia? This mod could include a good senate system, construction, diplomacy, rebellion, barbarians and conquest. A mod that inlcudes the ficus rome pack and the aquili and standards. A mod that would indeed set the bar for roman mods in this game. This could be done, and I believe you could do it.  :grin:
(screams like a girl) ahem sorry about that but i do agree with him you have really done well in this mod i beleive you could do it :grin:

casque_vautour.gif
:wink: just brainstorming some new ideas for this amazing mod...

:arrow:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198891.0.html

:arrow: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,251783.msg6029211.html#msg6029211

horny7gif.gif

DDSFd.jpg

index1.jpg

index5.jpg

index6.jpg

gaesataefig.jpg

index.jpg

7a41a03ae9f7.jpg

0ca70b480517.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

17.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.JPG

a13294f096ad.jpg
941a8b74b042.jpg

51562371.jpg

29078564.jpg

16.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F-%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.JPG

02.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.JPG

7romanspayoffbritishspy.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

%3F%3F%3F4.png

%3F%3F%3F2.png

003.JPG

Agris2.jpg

picture1wp.png

14barrackroominauxillar.jpg

10auxillariesofacohorse.jpg

12legionariesinmarching.jpg

Celtic.warriors.garments-replica.jpg

focus_wars_gennaio_2012.jpg

focus_wars_gennaio_2012.jpg

pony+armor.JPG

Celtic_leather_cuirass_sketch.jpg

Warriors_And_Weapons26.jpg

109.jpg

I realized there wasn't any response for awhile. Let me say I  haven't forgotten about this awesome mod idea. Hell, I'd even pay for it. Out of boredom and lust for this thing I have surmised a partial game design doc. I will write more as time goes by. I will also help out in coding if I feel my ideas are indeed well recieved

Intro:
Already, there have been games made about ancient Rome and Roman warfare. However the most award winning experiences never put you in sandals of a roman senator to make decisions based on the mortality the game presents, command troops and kill enemies, to marry and to properly rule Rome. I believe its time for a new experience

The New Setting:
The game will start at 60 B.C., this is around the great Marius Military Reformations as well as the time Roman began to dramatically expand.  This will be the map:

0002250313_1024.preview.jpg

It will not be entirely accurate but hat I would like is that Rome at this time only controls Italia, with Africa and Northern Europe still left unexplored and ready for your character to conquer... if he/she chooses to fight for Rome. On the whole the map entirely completed will look like this:

kart_middelhavet.jpg
Possibly adding germania and a general sub-saharan African Faction. On the whole this will be a rather bid game and one I would be willing to help design.

The Roman Faction

In this game, the Roman faction, along with others will not be typical. Rome will be a republic with two groups in control: politicians and the military. You could be in both. In fact that could be a good idea but there two distinct roles

The Roman Senate:

How to get elected

The prize of this game would be the complexity and brilliance of the Roman senate. The Senate will run the state. There will be voting to determine legislation and political direction. Its basically where you want to be.

In the beginning of the game you have the possibility of choosing your nationality. Being Roman will give you a leg up in seeing you are elected in a position. I will now describe the orginal election process.

Elections will take place every so often winning an election would depend upon your relationships with various towns and villages in native Italia. The senate will have roughly 30 seats, made up of the men representing the faction. In order to win an office you must gain a 80 rating with 3 villages or 90 with a single town in Italia. This can be done by either completing quests or bribing the town mayors or the village elders, much like an honor rating the game will have a politcal rating from 0 to 100 to where your loyalty lies. You will be able to know every senators political rating by asking them. You get a feel for the way the government will work

<=======================X===========================>
0                                                                                                                          100
Really conservative                                                                                            Really Liberial

Obviously you become more liberial when you accept quest that would benefit the entire people in a village and more conserative when you pay off mayors and village eleders to increase your relation with the town.

Once in the Senate

Once in the senate, you will be awarded a cool toga and have to show up every so often for a meeting, it will be something like a feast. Not every senator will be at the meeting but everyone will vote and there will be a deadline for voting. You will go to a room which looks like the senate floor,

roman_senate-1.jpg
. Once there, there will be some kind of magistrate figure to must talk to and a screen will be uploaded where you would wish to place policies such as...

Taxes:

I could make this model more complicated asking which city and what not, but this will be a very simple model to describe a univserla head tax where you decide the rate and who will pay.

Tax Rate Line
<----------------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------------------------->
Low Rate                                                    Med.                                                                High

Which Group will Pay?
<--------------------------x------------------------------>
Poor will                    Both                                Rich will
Pay

Where Will the Tax Burden Fall?
<----------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------->
Barbarian                                                                                                Roman

This policy will have really crazy effects if you mess around with them you would be advised to try to stay in the middle while remembering the people that got you elected

Low Taxes will create a poor functioning state regardless of where the burden falls. however low policies of the poor or rich can be useful depending on the group you want to be most free if you plan to take over the senate.

High Rate/Poor- The poor will hate you, the mayors will also not be please with riot mobs, soldier's wages will decrease along with the price of goods in the country, your salary as a senator will across increase but with the price of revolt of cities

High Rate/Rich-Soldiers' and Commoners' Wages will increase, Prices of Goods will increase, Your salary as a Senator or General from the Senate will decrease, Building Costs will increase along with Building time regardless of Engineering skill,
Generally everything will increase in price expect your income and the peasants will be happy but the local patricians and governors will be furious

As a senator, you can choose to raise and lower the tax burden on native Romans or foreigners but that will only be effective whether or not you have amassed a great deal of provinces yet. You need provinces to milk. Also putting the burden on foreigners will not make them like you and possibly make them revolt, Rome would then lose trade and money.

Be wise about the policy.

Roman Policy

<------------------------------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Barbarian                                                                                                                                                              Roman

>Provinces will more easily part                                                                                                      >Barbarians will have no rights   
of the state
>There be almost no distinction
between a Roman and Barbarian
>Barbarian magistrates will flood
Rome, there will be new....
heathen senators not of Roman
descent. The Audacity!

Centralization:

<--------------------------------------------------------------x----------------------------------------------------------------->
Decentralized                                                                                                                                    Centralized

At complete Decentralization, a governor would have complete control of their state.
At complete Centralization, the Senate or Emperor will have complete control of every village and city. That would be tedious but useful if you choose to be emperor.

This is not really important but there could be positions in the Senate could just give you honor and prestige and an improvement in leadership or persuasion or  while a Senator but do not have any real powers such as:

Pontifex Maximus
Treasurer
Protector of Rome
True Son of the Republic
Cicero Award (+30 persuasion)
Commander of Felix Legions

You pick from a list. You can vote yourself.

Diplomacy, Coups and Other Issues

As regards to diplomacy I would not wish for the game to be too complex but I still want the option of expanding and capping Rome's empire. I want the options of war and peace to be in the player's hands if he/she chooses to a powerful persuader in the Senate.

The player the primary option of checking Rome's aggression:

<-------------------------------------------x---------------------------------------------->
Super Pacifist                                                                                          Roid Rage

But there could also be more specific options:

You would have the option of
>Going to War
>Military Orders and Recruitment Caps
>Imperial Contract
>Peaceful Diplomacy like trade or marriage or something like that.

<You can choose not only to go to war but you can send Marcus Vinicius or yourself to the Front as well. You will decide how many legions (a legion being one hundred men in this game) as well as governorship of village by the closet Roman Town to the action.

<Recruitment Caps will give you a general map of all the forts an garrisons. You will not be able to vote on this topic -only a general can depending on how centralized the government is. And then it would not be a vote. You can however vote on which section you want the majority of the troops to be concentrated and convince others to do the same.

<An Imperial Contract would call for a non violent negotiation with a ruler that may or may not be already in the empire. They would under the names in the faction. Specific diplomacy is a separate matter but you can choose to vote for a new treaty with factions in and out of the Roman Empire and put a cap on far the Senate should go, maybe 400000 denari or free citizenship to all a factions citizens for allegiance to Rome. It could be about tribute or military or map information. This could also include building rights. One could go the Pharaoh and ask for a temple of Bacchus to built and in exchange receive the plans for a Temple to Horus or Osiris or something. 

Because it is an empire, the Romans really did not have total control of each kingdom. Each kingdom would have a different government, but what makes this game different is how easily governments can change

<Finally peaceful diplomacy just involves trade or commercial stuff. I'll get back to that later

you will also have the authority to declare someone an outlaw, foreign or roman, ruler or not, anyone could be declared an outlaw or traitor. If the senate votes your way, you have the option of imprisoning this person or executing them.
If armed with a dagger, you have the option of killing someone right there in the senate meeting. when the issue is brought up, a fight will break out against the target and the predators.

Senate Rules and Regulations
This is very important. The game will know when you enter the senate in anything other than a toga. entering the room in anything will cause the highly experienced guards there to attack you.

The standard inventory would be a  senate toga and a dagger if things get ugly

Persuasion and bribery is legal to have senators vote your way but bribery takes a toll on your honor rating and without a good one, you will be  no longer elected by the people.

It would be really fun for the game if the senate were a living breathing organsim by that I mean the senate were filled with men who could be killed in battle or die, and have other men arise and tak their places.

Coups and Power

It is indeed possible to destroy the senate or have them vote you as a supreme ruler, or dictator

this can be done by either gaining a 99 rating with the majority of the senate and asking them for a dictator election
or having a really really high renown, or 99 percent with the almost every town in Italia, you will then have the option upon entering Rome to march your troops to the senate house, kill the remaining senators approach the guy in the middle and ask to made emperor.

A dictator's term can end while an emperor's will never stop. Both positions give the option of having the senate recommence and how much power they will given. Basically as either you will have the same power as a senator except when you are "voting" you are the 100% majority. You are making the policies. An emperor however will get more power. The title includes new robes and armor for the inventory, gold, horses, and a palace and statue built in Rome.

Until that time, you can be named consul by a majority of senators, there will be two consuls who will have marshallian powers so there will be no ruler of Rome.

How to set Yourself Up to be a Senator

At the beginning of the game you will have the option of saying your background and nationality. The easiest way to become a senator would be to choose to a Roman and from a rich old family. Doing so will ensure you a villa outside a village where there will be a free tutor who you can increase combat skills and intelligence, tactics, and persuasion. A villa and a cashflow from an already domiate number of controlled franchises would be the start. As a poor roman you have to come up with the money yourself to get a villa with is really expensive and buy franchises from towns yourself. While being a rich roman would insure a ll these benefits and a good salary coming in every month

The Millltary Route

SO I F@CKING HATE ALL THIS TALK ABOUT SENATORS , AND I JUST WANNA KICK BUTT!

If this is what you want, then the game will oblidge you as well. Starting out in the game, you will have the possibilty of becoming a solder. The game will have the option of offering your sword as national soldier or mercenary to small auxillary manhunter squads around dangerous outskirts of the Empire. This could train the player until they feel ready to command their own troops or become an official Roman legionaire. This might be boring however if you do not find the right daring commander willing to engage in battles. This game will record your kills on the battle field and equate them with your renown, so even if you reach the cap of legionaire your battle renown or experience could even get you promoted to a centurion or carrier of the aquila. Your performance in battle is vital to your renown. Also in this game you can die on the battlefield, there are indeed items you can buy to insure that you are only knocked out but without them you can die. This sense of "game over" will encourage a better performance.

Depending on the factions, the military set up could different but for Rome in general the military will be led by the soldier with the most renown, as the player moves across the map, they will see Roman commanders, some senators, some foreigners, they all respond to a Commanding General voted upon by the senate. And depending their strictness the commanding general will be given and agenda for he and his troops to follow. As a commander, you answer to him, and he answers to the senate. This is complicated but real.

Governorships, Provinces and Nations
The game will try its best to give every nation an exotic appeal and reasons to conquer each. Once a city is conquered, the presiding commander will have the option of:

>Looting it- This would mean huge rewards for you and for the troop morale, but would mean that further command of the city will be given for the senate or emperor to decide. You could loose favor with senators.

>Declaring it a province -This would give you the opportunity to rule the city for a time while collecting the tax from it for yourself and not the state. This will cause you to lose favor with the senators.

>Giving it over to Rome Untouched

>Declaring it as part of the Rome -This would require a tremendous renown, it would greatly increase your rating with all the people of the area, lower the cost of everything there and increase productivity, but it will greatly decrease every rating of Roman towns and villages who see  you as tainting the nationality. You could be outlawed. Instead of governor, you would have a tie to the area, and have complete command of it while almost barely having a good relation with Rome

The same options applies to when you have captured and defeated a faction leader in battle. you will have the option of ousting him completely, raping his country, or letting him keep some power while you milk the province as a private leader or let the senate decide. You see how if you did become a confident commander and politician in Rome a lot of people will hate you fast.

Design and Layout

The most important as aspect of this game would the differences in the faction culture. A lot of work would be done in creating the different scenes. The Egyptian kingdom should look really amazing: its own beautiful world. Germania should be cold and foresty. There should also be naval warfare.

ave, praetor..

1024x576.resizedimage

got some issue for sieges some castle that used the same map, has the walls under the hill

lets say battle of Cuncker Hill here  :lol: :lol:

overall it one of the best tactic action mod I say

the other bug is we lose control if there is ai reinforcement, which may make the game have both side hold post for hours

the other thing is some lords name may change if player recruit/convert them to join player faction, their name change into
"I am sorry... bla2" with long name

When its done I am thinking making basic tactic guide for beginners

also, what the music that used for uncertain_homestead, It really bad ass

Pretty good stuff , if anyone wants to adopt the mod feel free to model any items you want :smile: I even have the next beta that's been sitting around for a year to donate to those who are capable and worthy .

Vympel said:
Post all the Bugs and Suggestions in this thread , preferably in this format :

- Make a detailed description of the bug
- Post a screen-shot of a visual bug
- When making a balance/realism related suggestion report in organized fashion with detailed descriptions in order for the suggestion to be understood (so basically write an essay)

hi there your imperium mod is very good but everytime i kill, my health turns into 0

ave praetor, could you make the npc murchurn that owned by caravans and young warriors lower tier. I found they bit overpowered. Not as enemy but as ally.
they can turn table the battle at ease, even in outnumbered condition in flat battle.

I found them like this when my reinforcement filled with mass cavs from murch I rescued, they overkill lot of enemy in few minutes
my suggestion make the murch owned by merchant if player has it, the murch horse is lower hp, so they cant just stomping for players
or a lower tier cav.

they pretty much become turn tabler, if the enemy main force based on infantries(especially barbarians, never tried this agaisnt romans).

I was wondering could you upload decreased party size? like x4 pls !
or could you at least explain how could i do it ?

Is anyone having problem with naval warfares in Imperium Romanum aswell.
Whenever I start a Naval attack, all people and really all people start in the water getting aground and killed or knocked instantly meaning a very high loss of troops.
I use Warband 1.154 -1.143 whatever kind of version using Vikingr and - or normal Warband from Steam to start it with-without WSELoader.exe/WSELoaderServer.exe.

В моде Imperium Romanum канцлер отказывается работать. Нанимаю его, он появляется, но при попытке с ним поговорить выдает следующее: "Вскоре я вас оставлю. Рад был служить" и ответ - "Благодарю за службу". Конечно можно играть и без канцлера, но все равно неприятно. Может кто знает, как это исправить?

I posted this bug earlier but didn't realize that there was a forum for it so i'm sorry. I don't have a picture or very many details on the bugs but here goes.
-When in combat I stumbled and fell but didn't get back up, I had full health and could only rotate while lying down on the floor
-Fixes when you have another battle but you can't do anything with movement when it happens

I don't know whether if its a bug or what but everytime i ask Conochaban (I don't remember his name but he tells you where to find the treasure of brittania) he says he is in Cantabawruh which isn't in the map so how can I get it? thanks!

Awesome mod

Back
Top Bottom