Bugs reports. Read first post before you make new one

Users who are viewing this thread

I appreciate your Mod is awesome but i think it is in beta and like all other MODs it will take sometime to become balance and playable cause even with WSE and 1.134 it shows error and is way too lagy. So guys take some patience and wait for this MOD to finally become fully balance for playing.

All the error messages that pop up regardting textures read:

Texture File Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai\\Textures\box_samurai_armors_b.dds

That \\ shouldn't be there, it should just be a single \ so whatever code is pointing to where the textures are located, probably have an extra \ in them

Bieseger said:
I really dont see point why your mod is so EXTREM-MEGA-SUPR protected from playing? I have clear instalation of warband 1.143, starting game with WSE loader and its simply unplayable- still getting errors over all screen if i hit or somebody hit me (deleting font have no meaning) ,cant even look at list of factions- stuttering every few seconds, and i bet its all cause of your WSE loader! Just great job putting something like that in your mod... its really so unthinkable to have mod which people just put in mod folder and enjoy it ? I quess this could be one of the best mods-but no=WSEloader.

mbsh.jpg

Delete the custom font. That fixed it for me.

when I try to play it then I get a red warning wich tells me that he can't open Modules\Shogun-Sengoku_Jidai\Resource\Materials.btf or something can somebody help me please?

jimbo4567 said:
A couple of bugs that I've seen that aren't on the list (I did launch with WSEloader):

1. In the Kyoto arena, when I was on the very top balcony, when I tried to walk in some places I would float and couldn't control it. It might be me or my computer.
Don't worry, it's not you or your computer. I've already mentioned this before, but it's all cities that have the new dojo arena. There are a lot of things that do not appear on the bugs list that have been mentioned by folks. I figure most things are either already dealt with for the next version or deemed too minor to be put on the list. *shrug* I'm sure he knows about everything we report here, likely sometimes before anyone even mentions them.
Naves Blade said:
I appreciate your Mod is awesome but i think it is in beta and like all other MODs it will take sometime to become balance and playable cause even with WSE and 1.134 it shows error and is way too lagy. So guys take some patience and wait for this MOD to finally become fully balance for playing.
Yeah, I think one thing people fail to realize is that since Shogun is still in beta, we are all effectively beta testers. A lot of people look at game betas as early access to a game, rather than a testing period to work out problems before the actual release. People who play this should know that this mod is incomplete and they will run into errors, and it is our responsibility to help report them. And, like most game betas, your save data will be deleted (or obsolete in this case) after a certain point. Almost every big update to this results in game saves becoming incompatible, so I guess what I'm saying is, don't complain about it when the time comes. You can, however, keep your character stats and money by exporting your character, but everything else in the world will be lost. Here is a great thread about beta testing in general for anyone interested. The guide was actually aimed at MMORPGs, so take that into consideration and I guess just ignore any parts that specifically have to do with the game that thread was created for. Even so, it is a good read for anyone new to the concept of sacrificing their personal time to help someone's work in progress. Also, sorry I don't actually have any bugs to report at this time. I just thought I'd pipe in to rant a bit. :oops:

I have a bug that isn't actually limited to only Shogun. It's about the music. 9 out of 10 times when I play a mod, the custom music will not play. And I am stuck with the native soundtrack.
Other times, maybe 1 out of 10 times, music from a whole other mod will play instead. I've had 1755 Old Frontier mod music play in Brytenwalda, and Brytenwalda music playing in Shogun. It's super confusing, especially since I've never messed with any music files nor changed anything in the native folder.

Hi, I downloaded this game the evening of the 13th- and I am having the first listed bug on the first post "dialogs problem after seppuku scene - looping last dialog with daimyo". Since I downloaded after your last edit, Im not sure what to do since the bug is marked green as in fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS- Thanks for making this mod. The scenery, armor, and weapons I have seen so far look amazing!

My system crashes when I check the armors in a town. (Yes, I did start game with WSEloader) I go into a town, check the armors, I see the shop overview and it loads up the armors and BLAM, system crash. Happened twice now.

Most crashed occur cause this mod is way too heavy and all computer system cant load it properly so crash occurs... I myself cannot play in custom game even with 15 men on both side cause the game always crash on me.

Naves Blade said:
Most crashed occur cause this mod is way too heavy and all computer system cant load it properly so crash occurs... I myself cannot play in custom game even with 15 men on both side cause the game always crash on me.

Ah, that could make sense. I play vanilla warband and most mods with most video options set to medium/high, but graphic intensive stuff set low (e.g. shadows and other light effects.) I'll try turning stuff down, see if Shogun will agree. Thanks for the prompt reply.

quicksilver67 said:
For god's sake, look up the damned sword online. The Katana is a slashing sword; everything about it, from the way it is worn, to the way it is shaped is designed for that purpose. There are even masters who practice the art of killing on the draw with a slashing motion. The wakizashi is basically the same design, so to force it into oneself during a ritual suicide took real commitment.

You can thrust with a Katana. I am in Kendo and the third Kata has a ton of thrusts in it.

Also there is a thrusting move to the throat in competition which isn't taught until you are more advanced.

I am not an expert but from what I've watched on Nova and picked up from reading is that the curve of the Katana actually made it MORE effective when thrusting. The curvature comes from the inside core metal contracting more then the outside metal when the smith quenches the blade.

I'd also like to point out that the first six inches or so of the blade was the part they used to slice with. So its not even really "slashing" or "hacking". It was used as an instrument for precise strikes to tendons, arteries etc. meant to incapacitate or kill the opponent.

Basically katana was an effective weapon all around. Designed and perfected by their makers and wielders over hundreds of years. I doubt that they'd overlook an important element of combat.

Remember just cause you own a Katana doesn't mean you know everything about it.

Anyways I'd like to offer my services to fixing up the grammar in this mod. Frankly its rather game breaking because I have to re-read the dialogue a few times because I can't understand what is being said. (No offense intended)

****Point me in the right direction to the files and I will clean it up and submit it back to you for your approval.****

I also am getting a bug where when I talk to people in taverns, castles etc it gives me some business about how my fathers best friend needs to yaddaydaddadad and that I need to be stronger. Its the same dialog whenever I interact, from the drunken guy in the tavern to the tavernkeep to the daimyo. I am not sure whats going on.

I am using the WSE thingy. I might have done something to mess it up so I'll re-install the mod and then re-copy the files over and get back with an update to see if that helps it.

Last thing, is there any way to make the Katanas look a little longer visually? They just seem rather short to me.

Other than that it is pretty awesome. Do you have any people from Onin-No-Ran working on this mod?

:???:  I signed up just to report my big problem and hope for a solution....

I downloaded the .70 version right away thinking it was the original, but considering it replaces everything there it seems fine.... I copied and put all the wse crap into the place you said to.. (supposed to move the file over, or doing the copy and leaving the original in its place right?)....  I started the game up with wse.....  I can run any other program fine (other games and other mods specifically for m&b:w), graphics card is newish, computer is 1-2 yrs old but naturally good.... 

I can start the game up fine, and do some stuff fine, but it quickly reverts to whenever I try to enter a battle or do something the screen kinda freezes and just starts blinking like its got something in its eye, and I can usually get it to, say, move into the battle by minimizing the game and bringing it back up - but I usually try other buttons before that approach - ends up with the blinking going on once I retreated from battle without knowing it (tab) until I minimized and reopened it. It gets extremely annoying fast so I just give up and do something else.

I also get that annoying red crap during battle for a bit, and then it just disappears on me and I don't hear a peep out of the left side of my screen until next time. ---> I can't report on other places because I never got anywhere before giving up.

There is a patch. I would use install it first.

Two: the red text during a battle is caused by the custom font. If you follow the instructions on deleting the custom font, the constant red text will be gone.

QuailLover said:
There is a patch. I would use install it first.

Two: the red text during a battle is caused by the custom font. If you follow the instructions on deleting the custom font, the constant red text will be gone.

I have deleted custom fonts but i still see red errors in battle...so i dont think it solve problem for all.

i didnt see any words in game, they "invisible". In menu/character creation etc
how to set original fonts or how to fix this problem?

The Map called 2 castles is bugged since the flags are at the Wrong positions.
yesterday we did a Takeda Training there and the Oda flag spawned at Takeda Caslte and the Takeda flag at Oda Caslte xD and we had to bring the flag to the other Castle.

hi guys i copyed the wse files into warband main directory also apllied the patch
put my broblem is every time i try to run the wse loader it gives me this error

and i keep gitting this red masseges during the battle and am stuck at the father death cermony
even after aplling the patch i know its wse problem
so how to solve this wse error ??

Back
Top Bottom