Bugs reports. Read first post before you make new one

Users who are viewing this thread

In Party Screen the Text about Morale, Money etc is Light Yellow since the background is white, you almost cant see it.

Wundai said:
In Party Screen the Text about Morale, Money etc is Light Yellow since the background is white, you almost cant see it.
I know. It`s fixed but you have to wait. Look in the suggestions threat for more info.

I'm playing with the latest patch and the seppeku sequence isn't working - after the father dies, his friend just stands there with his sword forever.

woyo-sensei said:
the_hdk said:
after the father sequence and all

the last convo about  the need to get better is repeated by everyone I talk to. (in taverns)!
Patch. Download the patch.

that was stupid on my part :sad:  I downloaded it but forgot to install the patch :sad: 

tnx for quick reply :smile:  love the mod so far! :grin:

Well, I finally got some red errors with your newest version. I happened to lose a fight when I got them.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 541: Invalid Party ID: 1126482975; LINE NO: 1:
At Script [259] cf_party_under_player_suggestion.
At Script [259] cf_party_under_player_suggestion.
At Script [501] battle_political_consequences.
At Script [501] battle_political_consequences.

After the fight, I noticed two of my party members had left, although the Recent Messages only stated that one of them left. I suspect the errors have something to do with the other guy leaving? Also, this wasn't in-game, but when I was looking at rgl_log.txt, directly above those errors was this:
Error: Unable to load lose2.ogg

And a few lines above that, which I think was either about when the battle began or from a previous battle, if I had to estimate, was this:
Error: Unable to load battle1.ogg
Error: Unable to load battle3.ogg
Error: Unable to load battle1.ogg

Again, all the .ogg file problems weren't shown in-game, just in the log. Oh and by the way, I knew I saw it somewhere but I had to do some digging to find this just so I could be reminded where the errors were logged to.
woyo-sensei said:
Make sure you running the game using WSE, because I`ve checked this scene so many times, and there is no way to make a mistake. If you have a red error messages then I think your run game without WSE. On this scene is one or two operations from WSE. If you running the game without WSE then you will get errors.
@Wundai can you put these error messages here? You can find them in the rgl_log.txt in the Warband main folder.

BTW. I polished your textures and I think I can add your buildings not only as a map icons, but normal buildings as well :smile: Do I have a permission to do this?
Perhaps you can mention in the first and original post of this thread for people to take a gander in that file when submitting bugs? I'm sure it'd help people give you more accurate information.

lolwarrior said:
same bug as bangdon. The scene works and all but then nothing happens when the father is dead. Using patch and WSE loader.

Interesting take on my name.  :lol:

ragnarokk1966 said:
unledlnf.jpg
I just tried to go to the seppuku scene on another character and was spammed by what I think is the same thing as well, these same lines over and over:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 47; LINE NO: 1:
At Mission Template [49] mst_seppuku_scene Trigger [3] Consequences.

woyo-sensei said:
[*] red error messages during seppuku scene sometimes happen, but scene is working fine, so you can ignore it. If not, then you are not running your game via WSELoader.exe
Not exactly. I am most definitely using WSELoader.exe and the scene did not work this time. This is what happens...
whitemobster said:
When I return to my father for the cut-scene I just get non stop red error messages.  If i talk to my father, or anyone else for that matter, they say something hostile like "surrender or die" or something like that.  Someone already posted a picture of the red error messages in the scene somewhere.  And yes i have wse
Father NPC and his "friend" both say to surrender or die. The witnessing Daimyo talks normally, as if in any other locations. The guards, Oda Yari Ashigaru, tell me to mind my manners within the wall, like normal city guards would. I could not Tab out, so I had to either run to the edge of the map to Exit Area or save and quit via Esc menu.

Here's the curious part... I said earlier that this was with another character, as in, I tried out the scene on a character once before. On the first character, I had no problems at all. There were no error messages and the scene worked, more or less (The swing to decapitate looked like a total miss and then the "friend" had trouble finding his way out.). So why would the scene not work this time? I even closed the game and started it up again, double-checking (and triple-checking) that I was using WSE, and the problem persisted. Is it possible that the scene is a little different per location, depending on where you chose to start out at? For the record, the first character that it worked with, the scene took place at Miyazaki at the far southern(?) end of the map. The scene with the second character that it did not work with was at Fukui, about in the middle of the map. Also, I'm pretty sure that in the working Miyazaki scene, the guards had the dialog of an external castle guard, providing the option for me to claim I wanted to enter the castle. I didn't try to "enter the castle" but I find it odd there are differences like these between the two locations for the seppuku scene. I hope this ramble helps somehow.

[Edit: For what it's worth, in the case where the seppuku scene worked, the previous quest scene where I met Father's "Friend" had him and later his lackeys running up to me (as intended, I'm sure). However, in the case where the seppuku scene did not work, Father's "Friend" was just standing still behind a barn in the previous quest scene. The lackeys of the fight scene did not run up to fight me, and instead headed over to where the antagonist was standing, behind the barn, and stayed there. It made for some awfully easy target practice, let me tell you. Unfortunately I do not recall which cities I had to visit in order to meet Father's "Friend" for these scenes, so I cannot tell you which one worked fine and which one had me fighting retarded puppies (metaphorically speaking). Although... it would be quite easy to find out if you were to simply start a test character at Miyazaki and Fukui and see where Father tells you to go to.]

mercer78 said:
another "bug" i found. I joined the takeda clan and was involved in a big battle takeda vs imagaw clan (i think :wink: ) and the Gernerals Bodyguard attacked my men an the men of the takeda clan btw the look very cool with these balls on the back. But when the Bodyguards riding to an attack the balls disapears from their backs.
SexyDK said:
BUG:

Mori Taisho Hatamoto ( Maybe all the Taisho Hatamoto ) which are the best horsemen, those with the big round thing on their back. They go hostile and attacks me when I'm in a battle, they spawn in middle of my army and attacks us, even though they are supposed to be on my team. Somehow they join the enemy, and slaughter alot of your men.
I suppose these would fall under this...?
woyo-sensei said:
[*] bodyguards attacking players team, should be allays.
I just had this happen myself. I joined a fight with some Hojo troops vs. some Ikkō-ikki and all the horo-wearing Hojo Taisho Hatamoto began fighting the rest of their team. It didn't end well for them, as they spawned surrounded by the loyal Hojo troops. Anyway, here's the script error that repeated several times when it happened:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1671: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 10:
At Mission Template [9] mst_lead_charge Trigger [ 0 ] Consequences.

(except without the spaces between the 0 and brackets, which the forum kept making into a bullet)

Oh, and...
woyo-sensei said:
Eragon@snej said:
SexyDK said:
BUG:

Four lords of Ainu, changed their name to "What will be the name of your kingdom?" after I made my own clan :razz:

mh, i see i have that thing too, but not my own clan i just joined the shimazu clan :wink:
List updated. Thank you guys.
woyo-sensei said:
[*] strange names of generals after join to one of the clans, or make one
I remember this happened a lot in the older version too, and it's happening all the time now as well. But just to be clear, creating or joining a faction may have nothing to do with it. I have this rather confusing glitch occur without having to be a part of any clan. Or maybe, the bug has to do with changing the clan status of an individual... whether independent or grouped. I've noticed it happens to lords who either defect or are convicted of treason. Most of the time those who leave or are kicked out of a clan seem to join the Ainu, and have their name changed to "What will be the name of your kingdom?" However, they also sometimes revert their names to Calradian titles, such as Jarl or Count.
SexyDK said:
BUG:

This "bug" is almost in every mod, it changes a lords name from e.g. "Taisho Hulabula Ding" to "Lord Ding".  I can live with the bug, but it looks awful visually.
While changing one's title to a foreign style is a little strange, and changing your name to a phrase is both whacko and confusing, what's really off-putting is when the male lords change their titles to Countess. Yikes!

Hello, I updated my Warband yesterday to 1.143 and i had ur mod before that, now when i try to put on the WSE loader it says : You are running an unsupported version of Warband the Warband Script Enhancer only supports Version 1.143. Please somebody help.

Hi

I really liked this mod but everytime when i want to play i start the campaign and as i start fighting with my father at the very beggining i always get the same error the same with the custum battle

it only says C++ error and sometimes even rgl error

what do they mean are they fixable?  Please???

thanks a lot for the Understanding.

In a town/castle the guard are EVERYwhere.. at this pic im in Nagano, the guards are blocking my way up to talk to their leader kinda annoing..

r2p4bs.jpg

Today while I was traveling for a bit and there was nothing going on with me directly, these error messages popped up:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1073742364: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 135:
At Script [518] courtship_event_troop_court_lady.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 540: Invalid Troop ID: -1; LINE NO: 136:

I can't remember for sure but I think I saw these every now and then in the old Shogun mod.

Another thing I found a while before those errors is that some villages have nothing for sale and instead of saying "Village Elder" above the items for sale (as the shop name), it instead says "{!}Town 6 Craftsman." So far the village shops I saw empty like this are Yame, Toyohashi, and Kasuga, all somewhat near Edo, but there are likely others. And, actually, while Yame said "{!}Town 6 Craftsman," Toyohashi said "{!}Town 1 Craftsman" and Kasuga said "{!}Town 7 Craftsman."

Now, back with the seppuku scene problems... On a third character I was playing, I started in Himeji and had to meet Father's "Friend" in Kurume. Like my first character, the antagonist and later his lackeys ran up to me. Also like my first character (and to confirm I wasn't going mad thinking I remembered it wrong), the soldiers in the seppuku scene were Castle Guards, offering me the option of entering a castle; I did so just to humor my curiosity and it merely took me to the Himeji castle. Now, here is where things stray... unlike my first character, but like my second character, the seppuku scene does not work (error messages, Father and "Friend" say to surrender or die). I wasn't going to bring this up at first 'cause I already did once before, but I noticed the error messages differ slightly this time:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 31; LINE NO: 1:
At Mission Template [49] mst_seppuku_scene Trigger [3] Consequences.

The difference is subtle, but this time it was "Invalid Agent ID: 31" and the previous time it was "Invalid Agent ID: 47" (better watch out for that Hitman :wink:). I haven't a clue what the differences are, but perhaps it may help you woyo-sensei.

I'm still not sure if the seppuku scenes working or not working is a case-to-case basis per location but I may run some test characters to see if maybe the Miyazaki scene will still work for me or not. I also don't know if the "Friend" staying or running up to you thing for the battle scene is based on location, but I don't think its effects have anything to do with whether or not the following seppuku scene will work later on, as I realized that the location of the "Friend" appears random, or at least isn't a constant.

And while I'm being annoying bringing up all this crap, I may as well throw this in here as well (although I said it once before elsewhere, just not this thread):
Me said:
When creating a new character, if you choose “A shop assistant,” “A goods peddler” will show up twice in the next screen. I think it has the same text no matter which of the two you choose, but I don't know if they have the same statistical results.
A couple of other minor things I mentioned at that time, but for the sake of space I'll give the bottom line this time:
  • The third floor of the new indoor dojo arena causes a "falling" animation, making movement difficult.
  • Some Training Grounds are, upon entering, not at all Training Grounds.
  • On rare occasions a tournament contestent is unarmed (I'm guessing too low of STR to use their weapon).

Bugs. bugs. bugs, bugs more bugs and of course bugs... Heavily bugged mod, you cant even finish first quest, at your father execution scene wont end. Crashes, multiple crashes when entering castles... constant messages of errors while fighting etc... this mod is far from over... Map is Raw, and not nice at all... sry for being so direct but its just for the sake of the mod... troops are nice, map icons and items, but everything else...

Well, here we go again... but don't hate me just yet woyo, as I've done some testing for you. I remembered seeing you teleporting in your seppuku video, so I enabled cheats in M&B for the first time in my life so I wouldn't have to spend all day doing this. I made a character 3 times per starting area to test out the story quest and recorded the results of where I was sent to find Father's “Friend,” how he reacted in the final scene, and any red error messages that happened to pop up.

Miyazaki
[list type=decimal]
[*]Was sent to Kyoto. In the seppuku scene the traitor ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Osaka. In the seppuku scene the traitor ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Hiroshima, got errors...
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 3:
At Mission Template [47] mst_visit_the_traitor2 Trigger [5] Consequences.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1730: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 11:

In the seppuku scene the traitor ran away correctly.
[/list]

Nagano
[list type=decimal]
[*]Was sent to Kitami. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Got errors in intro.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 0:
At Mission Template [46] mst_father_last_battle Trigger [5] Consequences.

Was sent to Hirosaki. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Matsuyama. In the seppuku scene the traitor missed horribly and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[/list]

Fukuoka
[list type=decimal]
[*]Was sent to Nagano. In the seppuku scene the traitor missed horribly and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Hachinohe. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Hiroshima. In the seppuku scene the traitor ran away correctly.
[/list]

Himeji
[list type=decimal]
[*]Was sent to Kurume. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran away correctly.
[*]Was sent to Hiroshima. In the seppuku scene the traitor ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Takarazuka. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[/list]

Fukui
[list type=decimal]
[*]Got errors in intro.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE -2147481946: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 0:
At Mission Template [46] mst_father_last_battle Trigger [3] Consequences.
At Mission Template [46] mst_father_last_battle Trigger [3] Consequences.

Was sent to Edo. In the seppuku scene the traitor missed horribly and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Edo. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran away correctly.
[*]Was sent to Nagano. In the seppuku scene the traitor missed horribly and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[/list]

Kitami
[list type=decimal]
[*]Was sent to Hiroshima. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Got errors in intro.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 2:
At Mission Template [46] mst_father_last_battle Trigger [4] Consequences.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 3:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1730: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 11:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid Agent ID: 0; LINE NO: 0:

Was sent to Edo. In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[*]Was sent to Matsue, guys came to me the first time but stayed behind a building in the rematch fight after losing.
In the seppuku scene the traitor barely missed and ran to the corner before fleeing.
[/list]

• Father's face was always random except:
    • If you lost the intro battle, you were sent to an open field where Father always had a set face, which had long black hair, a small mustache, and a stubble beard.
    • In the seppuku scene, Father always had the same set face as above.
  • The face of Father's “Friend” was always random including:
    • If you lost the fight with him, the antagonist's face would be different upon a rematch.
    • In the seppuku scene, the traitor's face will be changed once more.
  • When I didn't mention the times the traitor missed, he did hit... sort of. The strike would look more like a smack upside the head, knocking him down. Perhaps if you can get the animations straightened out better it will go through his neck, and maybe even employ the future feature of decapitations?
  • In the fight scene with the antagonist, he and his henchmen always ran towards me or a general location near me except the one time in Matsue during my last test session. This also happened one other time with a character I was playing, as mentioned in a different post of mine. I'm guessing it's quite rare but maybe random?
  • In every seppuku scene, the gaurds were always “Castle Guard” (with their respective clan armor colors) except when taking place at Fukui or Kitami, where they were “Oda Yari Ashigaru” and “Takeda Katana Samurai” respectively.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised the seppuku scene worked every time I tested it for the past few hours. Two of my three normal characters could not complete the quest's scene. Maybe it is random, or the fault of WSE? And what's with the error messages sometimes happening in the various scenes listed above? Sometimes I get errors, but usually not.. it looks random as well. I'm guessing when the traitor tries to run but goes into a corner first, it's a limitation of Warband's AI?

As for the faces, perhaps you can figure out what you did to get Father's face to always be the same for those two instances and use that to do the same with the other time you see him, as well as that of his “friend.” And, although I should probably say it in the Suggestions thread, while we're on the subject... is it possible to change it so it says Father's “Friend” is knocked unconscious instead of killed? It looks odd to “kill” him, then to see him alive and well later, both if you lose to his lackeys and in the seppuku scene. I know some Native quest NPCs are always incapacitated, such as Kidnapped Girl, who is not important enough to be in the Characters section of the Notes, yet will not die.

the only problem I face for now is sometimes an error text appeared saying that it failed to load texture for some of the unit when I'm starting a battle or opening my party screen. When this text errors showed up the unit that it mention will sometimes have white body or white head or their weapons are white

The mod overall is great but with so many error messages and bugs make me not to play it for good.... you should better do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom