Bugs reporting thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm, maybe I forgot some shadermaps, then? It is strange, but if it 'spreads' to other items, as well, tell me. It might be your PC. I will look, though.

Have been playing the mod for a few weeks; brilliantly done with great atmosphere and balance! Unfortunately I ran into a few rather annoying bugs:

-Illyrian raiders spawn in the sea without boats and are unable to move.
-Combat in boats is bugged; gives me an instant CTD when the scene attempts to load.
-Dynastis (part of the Manhunter upgrade tree) are missing horses.
-Barley Bread and Maize do not feed troops (also, Maize was only found in the Americas at this time!).
-Loot quality seems unusually low; even at level 6 looting in end game I almost never get anything above low-tier quality.
-Enemy armies occasionally lock into circling you.
-Formations: my infantry will break their nice, even lines to run forward and attack an enemy, then run back to the previous position. Makes it rather tricky to hold a phalanx for obvious reasons. Is it possible to lock them down so that they don't do this?
-On the subject of phalanxes, a slight buff to spear damage, especially against horses, might be in order to make up for the seemingly random 50/50 chance that a spear thrust will do 0 damage. The Warband engine really doesn't handle spears well.
-A menu option to interact with village elders and guildmasters would also be greatly appreciated!

Great work, hope to see more updates in the future!

Hey, thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it and I am glad you like the mod. So, I will try to answer all:

-Yes, that's a Sea Travel script issue, so far I wasn't able to fix it. I am still trying to.
-That's strange, the scenes are all there. Allow me some time to test it out again.
-Oh, I'm sorry. Fixed that, it will be in the next patch. Apologies.
- :facepalm: I went full retard on that one, right? Okay, I will fix it, sorry. I will replace it with another commodity. Also, the items that aren't 'food' are that way on purpose. I meant them as trade goods simply, for merchant type characters. There's also a cheese variety and some other things.
-I'll have to check this about looting.
-Sorry, I didn't understand, do you mean like they are stuck in the map while chasing you?
-I will search a bit about formations, good idea.
-Yes, the Warband engine isn't taking spears well. My only problem, if you will, with buffing the spears is that they use bonus damage for higher momentum and that can be exploited and unbalance the whole thing. I have toyed before with the idea of one-shot-one-kill weapons, a full weapon overhaul, but it really unbalanced things. It made the stats to be pretty much useless, because no matter your training, a looter could take you out just as easy with a hoplite.  :???:
-I will see what I can do.

So, overall, thanks for the findings and for your kind words. Now, the problem is that, as I have mentioned before, I have lost my module system due to a mistake I did when upgrading my PC. That, sadly, prevents me from working on the scripts, and I have to do everything for this mod with the text files or by doing it on Native, compiling and then search and replace. It's really dangerous and well, non-nonsensical, but I have managed to do some things that way. But it takes time.  :smile:

Glad to hear you're still working on it!

-The circling bug is when the entire enemy army (in the combat scene) moves to the left and circles your troops instead of charging or holding, as detailed here. Fortunately it doesn't seem to happen too often so its not that pressing an issue, but it's quite annoying when it does.
-I see your point on the spear damage; infantry vs. infantry fights are well balanced due to the long spear length, but cavalry seem to have a bit too much of an edge over hoplites to me. Not too big an issue though, and possibly subjective to me.

-Another bug I forgot to mention were the bandit hero chiefs; multiple ones spawn and eventually start cluttering up the dungeons.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the hard drive, best of luck!

Ah, thanks, didn't know about that thread. About the cavalry, if that happens, if it has an edge over hoplites, that's actually bad. It was my intention to have spearmen(not only hoplites, the persian sparabara are spearmen too, gib dem som luv :razz:) beat cavalry relatively easy. I'll probably have to see what's what.

About the bandit chiefs, you mean in the Illyrian Raiders parties and the Scythian raiders? That's should not happen, there's only 1 per party. I will check, thanks!

Cavalry aren't nearly as OP as they are in native, but they still have more of an edge against hoplites than you probably want. Not too much an issue as most factions with decent cavalry lack good infantry, except Halicarnassus.

Yup, multiple parties of bandits lead by Illyrian and Scythian bandit chief heroes spawn, and eventually they start getting locked up in people's dungeons.

Another bug I just noticed is that the garrisons of AI controlled cities and castles don't appear to reinforce.

I see. Still, I will nerf them down a bit. And yes, Halicarnassus is designed to be an all-around faction, a bit like Macedonia, and of course, Persia. The others are focused on infantry, mostly. About the chiefs, the part where the get locked in the dungeons is good. The part where they spawn in more than one in each party is bad, I will see about it. As for the garrisons, that's a strange one. I didn't tinker with the reinforcement rates not one bit, or anything of the sort. I left them at the vanilla rate, so that might be a native bug.  :???:

Hey! Nice mod :smile: Really enjoy playing it.

Some bugs i encountered:
(All) Akinakes and Persian Cavalry swords stats dont match their models. They are really small but have a length of 97
soqwsi.jpg
n3w8j6.jpg
Here compared with a axe with 71 reach :smile:
34gx0no.jpg

Many shields of different sizes are size 100
2en7rth.jpg

The hoplite armor goes over other body armors.
14wsqs2.jpg

Light brown 'Leather boots' model is to big i think
2e3a4jm.jpg

And last one, all 'thorax' armors (so not the linothorax) have to short arms  and flooting hands. Such a shame because i love how they look!
2nl8yt5.jpg

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!

PS About the lack of armor for woman bodies, i know you are looking in to it, but maybe you could use some of the leather and pelt stuff from native. Just like you did with the sarranid padded armor, i like that one :smile:

Hey! I am glad you enjoy the mod. About the problems:

Akinakes and Persian Cavalry swords stats dont match their models. They are really small but have a length of 97
Fixed that, it was really inconsiderate to not check them, sorry.

Many shields of different sizes are size 100
I am working on it right now, there are a lot of shields.  :smile:

The hoplite armor goes over other body armors.
Ah, yeah, I know. The idea was to have it act as an accessory, combining with only cloths of any kind. But it can be put over armors, I haven't find a way to prevent it.

Light brown 'Leather boots' model is to big i think
Thanks, I will fix it at once.

And last one, all 'thorax' armors (so not the linothorax) have to short arms  and flooting hands. Such a shame because i love how they look!
Oh! Right, ehm, sory about that.  :smile:

Thank you for the feedback, it helps a lot. Initially, I had the native stuff, but I thought they were too medieval. Most of them will be fixed for the next patch, which is going to be more of a bug-fixer/balancing thing with many texture updates.

Cool, looking forward to it :smile:

Nice idea of the hoplite armor. Do any of the troops use them? If not, then it would be good like it is. The player can decide for them self if he wants to be immortal

About the native stuff, for example one of the items i was thinking of was:
latest

No, they are not using them, mainly because those accessories are meant as a further customization option for the player and his companions. For example, you can use an eastern wooler shirt with a hoplite armour or something.

Now, about that armor, yeah, it's good, but I don't know if it is too medieval. I can tweak and of course, re-texture it, but I want to be sure that it's not TOO medieval. Let me look into it a bit, yeah?

Oh, really? That's a bit strange, as I didn't tempered with that. It's easy to fix, but I don't know if it will require a new savegame or not. I'll let a bit of time to see if there's anything else and the I'll upload a mini-patch with any correction there are.  :smile:

Antonis said:
Oh, really? That's a bit strange, as I didn't tempered with that. It's easy to fix, but I don't know if it will require a new savegame or not. I'll let a bit of time to see if there's anything else and the I'll upload a mini-patch with any correction there are.  :smile:

I believe the cattle tweak is save-game compatible.

Even better, then. I'll just wait to gather(I hope not much  :razz:) anything else found and then release a mini patch. It seems a bit silly to only upload a patch for a simple numerical value change and some textures I noticed earlier. 

I dont know if this has been brought up yet. But upon creating a new character while selecting skin. I came across a blacked out face which then crashed my game. im not sure how to find what file it is though.

Hello, following your suggestion, I tested all the skins, hair and beards and also clicked randomize for many times. Nothing of the sort happened.  :???:
So, please, can you tell what version of Warband you use? If it's Steam version, it should be fine. Also, what OS you use, MacOS or Windows? Because the mod is only for Windows. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom