Bugs reporting thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I know. Historical accuracy aside(because I don't think the made cuirasses with breast shaped cavities  :razz:), I also would like some female body shaped armour in the mod. I tried to do it on one occasion, in the linothorakes model, but it was a complete failure. It seems Warband doesn't like any other shapes than the ones already there. I have also made, as you probably remember attempts to different body shapes. I have succedded in making a thick, chubby male body, but in order for the player to make a character with it, he has to be a different, third sex/race in the game. That seems really discriminating in my opinion.  :???:

Different armour types don't work? Like Brytenwalda managed diff body types, muscular, large people, skinny, by making different "Armours" specific for those people. Obviously it'd be limited to civilians in this case; so when you walk the town you see the odd types of people- and on the battlefield its more standardized soldiers; but that's one work around. Also, are cloth armours not able to adjust? Or to make specific versions of armour for women? Mind, I know zip about how the coding works.

Well, it's not exactly a bug. You see, in Wwarband, one handed weapons take priority over polearms. So, to eliminate that, I made most spears one handed weapons. And also, I gave spears and swords to hoplites. This made them 'think' that they were the same thing, choosing randomly one or the other. There isn't any work around I found of, except one: make them have only spears. That will ensure they will use only spears, but I am not sure I want that.

that's a brilliant idea  :grin:
We must find a way to make polearme the  primary weapon (and not only in the presence of cavalry), without using a very heavy a script (agents...)
in the current state it doesn't  work very well (ai  continually switching  between the two weapons)

fladin said:
in the current state it doesn't  work very well (ai  continually switching  between the two weapons)

Pretty much that. There is this and the alternative is to make the troops have either polearms only or one handed/two handed. And heavy srcipts aren't the best.  :smile:

here's my idea (I am working on  :wink:)
e.g : spearman (itm_spear, itm_shield)
during battle, under a certain condition he "throws" his spear and takes a sword (defined in an additional troop slot : slot_side_arm) = now he can only use a sword and shield , the spear is lost ...
I don't know if it's feasible but I'll try

ok, thank for your answer! I think you should keeps them with a spear and a sword because spearmen are weak against swordsmen in Warband although in this mod spear is more viable. =)

Ps : I like the 1.06 continues like that !

fladin said:
during battle, under a certain condition he "throws" his spear and takes a sword (defined in an additional troop slot : slot_side_arm) = now he can only use a sword and shield , the spear is lost ...

i dont know if a dory is a throwable weapon but i dont think and if the spear is throwable on the mod IA throws his dory soon as possible and the hoplites will never use spears for contact

by throwing a mean "let down" , not use it as javelin  (sorry for my weak  english  :facepalm:)
but this is an idea, throwing an "ordinary" spear in a last recourse

kadwin said:
ok, thank for your answer! I think you should keeps them with a spear and a sword because spearmen are weak against swordsmen in Warband although in this mod spear is more viable. =)

Ps : I like the 1.06 continues like that !

Thank you, glad you like it.  :smile:

fladin said:

That is genius. I hope it works out, seems really interesting. If only there was another slot for regaining his spear, but I don't know how would that be called and in which mission template. An idea to 'drop' the spear is when an agent draws close to a certain position.

I think that 1257 A.D. uses a script that causes spearmen to use their spears until the spear breaks and then they use the side-arm.  This may be something to look into also.  There should also be a spear use script available on the forums, similar to the one in PBOD to force agents to use spears until they are surrounded.

Thanks! I don't know about 1257, but from OSP scripts, I know the PolearmAI, that doesn't exactly do what I want. But I will take a look at 1257 and contact their team if they can give me that code. Or at least tell me the basics, so that I write it.  :smile:

Sea Battles are excellent. Not sure if said before. Parties of 10-50 ionian Rebels Spawn in the aegean and cant move. If you have cheats on and you Ctrl + Click near them(you also cant move) and engage them then both soldiers parties spawn right next to each other and there are groups of them. Basically its a brawl. Actually really enjoyable. I believe that this is similar to the native quest where you drive the Bandits out of a town except the places they spawn is smaller and way more men. Really fun

I'm having trouble starting this mod. The game often freezes on the initial loading screen, forcing me to reboot the system. When it doesn't freeze, the game crashes on the same loading screen and it gives me an "RGL ERROR" saying "Unrecognized resource type". It also sometimes gives me a BSOD like other mods. I would appreciate some help as I can't figure out the problem. I tried changing the font to default as in Native, but I still can't get past the loading screen that says "Reciting Epics". Another weird thing on the initial loading screen is that there is a large black rectangle above the two Greeks on the left side. It looks strange, as if it is some kind of a graphical error.

My specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz (stable overclock)
2x EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked 2GB on SLI (WHQL 361.75 driver)
8GB Kingston HyperX Blu @ 1333Mhz (stable)
1000W Thermaltake TR2 RX 80+ Bronze PSU

I should also mention that I'm running the game on maxed out graphics, except that anti-aliasing is off since it tanks my PC performance for some reason.

Hmmm, your system seems fine. I also have Windows 7 64bit. So, two questions:
a) What Warband version do you use
b) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

I redownloaded it and it worked. I wasn't impressed by the mod after I finally got past the loading screen, but thanks for the help anyway.

Hey Antonis,

Enjoying your Mod, for the most part.  Haven't been able to get too far, though.

I'm having a problem where whenever I enter a village, the scenery is Overlarge, out of place or on its side and blocking most of the village.

When I say overlarge, I mean where a tower is literally as wide as the village, canted to an angle enough to walk up, and almost stretches to the boundaries...

So far every village I've entered has had this problem.

Hey, I am glad you like the mod. Yes, this issue is know since the last version. Something happened to the scenes. Currently and last I've heard of, sifis was working on the problematic scenes.

Back
Top Bottom