Bugs reporting thread

Users who are viewing this thread

In this thread, please post whatever bug/glitch/anything you find in the mod. That way, it will be easier to fix, track and help.

Thank you!  :smile:

Known bugs
-Sea parties spawing randomly in land. Not game-breaking, but annoying. That's a sea travel script bug.
-A sarranid sword leftover. FIXED
-Tournament lances leftover. FIXED
-Some towns had wrong names. FIXED
-Some difference between body colour and head colour. WORKED ON
-Spelling mistakes with the famed outlaw text -and most likely in other texts- during character creation.
-Nobles spawn without a weapon, apparently. Easy to fix, but for the moment, please use other character options. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So I start a new game.. pick up the 2 noble options then mercenary, then lust for power and I spawn with just an armor and a shield I couldn't use. Visiting the tavern I got rekt by the town drunk  :lol: Then the only weapon I could afford was a knife  :mad:

Horse meat does not count as food and is not consumed, meaning you lose morale even though you have it. Some spelling mistakes with the famed outlaw text blurb during character creation.

Edit: Also you need shield skill for the shields in this game; so you are aware- its probably why you couldn't use it.

Well, that's not a bug.  :razz:
The increased difficulty is intended. You really have to struggle in the first few weeks. The hoplon shields demand a +3 Shield ability to be used and most items are expensive.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Comrade Crimson said:
Horse meat does not count as food and is not consumed, meaning you lose morale even though you have it. Some spelling mistakes with the famed outlaw text blurb during character creation.

Edit: Also you need shield skill for the shields in this game; so you are aware- its probably why you couldn't use it.

Horse meat is just another product option, not really intended for food.  :smile:
I will correct my mistakes, sorry. :oops:
Added in the OP.

I didn't make myself clear enough I believe... I spawned without a weapon! How can you have a noble/mercenary background and not have any weapon at all? :roll:

Oh! I didn't understand that. Hmm, strange, is is intended to spawn with a dory or a xyston(a type of lance). Give me some time to look it.
Sorry!  :oops:

My shields are bugged and I dont' know what to do i installed the patch and it still gives shiny metal shields and no prints :/ any way i can fix it?

Antonis said:
What do you mean? Shiny are supposed to be. Can you please take screenshot?

Did you install the fix, as well?

That one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cl96lksgsm1cqm/FOW_shields.brf
Yes i did i'll post a screenie

0D53022B781538EAFC1CDFA13C69B198C19F41D3

My friend, look here: 
1024x577.resizedimage

1024x577.resizedimage

1024x577.resizedimage

Taken just now.  :???:

Did you put the FOW.brf file provided with the fix to the mod's resource folder? And did you replace the itemkinds1.txt and troops.txt files?

If it helps some, the correct order is:

-Install main mod
-Install patch(as the instructions in the Download thread are)
-Install fix(as the instructions in the Download thread are), basically replace the FOWshields.brf.

:smile:

well, it's not a bug, but i can't download he mod ;_;
https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B3SItbB2fkoXWkNmTHBnRTVWX00 is not working for me. it says that either the folder doesn't exists, or that i have not the permission to see it.

It's not really a bug but my shields work fine even without the patch.

crodio said:
well, it's not a bug, but i can't download he mod ;_;
https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B3SItbB2fkoXWkNmTHBnRTVWX00 is not working for me. it says that either the folder doesn't exists, or that i have not the permission to see it.

Same as Crodio. I just can't download the mod.
I'm directed to an error message google page  :

"403. That’s an error.

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know."

I tried with the other links i found in " [WB] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history " section, all links are broken...

Glad it works good. Soon, I'll upload a "new version", but save game compatible. Changes are items, mostly and prices and party numbers, which are increased a bit.

Back
Top Bottom