Bugs & Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I always wait until all servers are loaded (which takes up to two mintues or so I think). I'll try again later and/or tomorrow. Maybe I have some luck then and can put it into my favorites list.

Edit:
Jap, now I found the server. No Idea why it didn't work before.

Dansk viking said:
Well, the problem is that new CD-keys for Warband do not work with older versions anymore. This must be a new problem, and I think TaleWorlds is to blame for the lack of support. This makes new people unable to play the mods that require an older version (and there are plenty of excellent old mods that haven't been updated). In the case of Víkingr and The Deluge, the reason for using an old version of Warband was that the post-Napoleonic Wars patches didn't bring anything significant to base Warband and most importantly that the version of WSE available for the Víkingr (and The Deluge) development team ceased to be updated. All in all I think the stand-alone solution was rather ingenuous, and has been preferable by far to an updated non-WSE mod. Recently we've discovered some flaws in WSE that made the mod susceptible to hackers, and with this recent development barring new players from activating the Víkingr stand-alone, we have come to a point where it feel necessary to look into releasing a version that is compatible with the newest Warband version - even though this will probably lead to loss of some of our lovely features, not to mention the fact that the post-Warband 1.143 .exe still doesn't accept special character (not even relevant letters such as Þ, ð, ö, etc. which might have been expected after the Viking Conquest release), meaning that anyone with a hex-edited name will be automatically banned on all servers.

On another note, I would personally be very angry with the way TaleWorlds has handled this. Of course CD-keys should be valid no matter what version you are using!
Mad? Mad doesen't even describe my feelings about buying the game from steam after i broke my original physical copy about a year ago. So much trouble only to find out i can't play anything but native and sp mods since the rest of the mp mods that do work really don't seem this good.. I'll think twice about getting bannerlord after this.
Edit: i did however notice a peculiar thing: if i start up wse loader from the wseloader.exe it doesen't ask me to activate. Also deluge works but the servers are apparently dead and i can't find vikingr listed as a module.
Double edit: Nevermind it starts without asking activation or anything trough the WSEloader but crashes with an RGL error.

I bought M&B:W on Steam when I try to enter Vikingr it asks for serial key I put in my serial key (4x4) and it says access denied, I tried manual avtivation but it still says access denied?

The Onion Knight said:
I bought M&B:W on Steam when I try to enter Vikingr it asks for serial key I put in my serial key (4x4) and it says access denied, I tried manual avtivation but it still says access denied?

Yeah, there was something with that the new serial keys do not work with Vikingr, because of the newest Warband version or whatsoever.  Check thorugh the last posts on this thread, then you will see.

RagnarGerman said:
The Onion Knight said:

Yeah, there was something with that the new serial keys do not work with Vikingr, because of the newest Warband version or whatsoever.  Check thorugh the last posts on this thread, then you will see.

Okay, but do you know anything about solving it? Because I used a random serial key from the internet and that seemed to solve it. Btw is this game cRPG?

The Onion Knight said:
RagnarGerman said:
The Onion Knight said:

Okay, but do you know anything about solving it? Because I used a random serial key from the internet and that seemed to solve it. Btw is this game cRPG?

No dude, this is the mod Vikingr. You can read the title of the threads, right?

RagnarGerman said:
The Onion Knight said:
RagnarGerman said:
The Onion Knight said:

No dude, this is the mod Vikingr. You can read the title of the threads, right?

Yeah I know man I'm not dumb but when I go join a fight and tick server filter "compatible with module" all these cRPG games show up?

The Onion Knight said:
Dansk viking said:
They both run with WSE.

Forgive me, but what's WSE?

A little thing called Warband Script Enhancer. If you follow the instructions in the download thread, you'll see that Vikingr runs from a completely independent folder placed at the choosing of the user. You do not in fact run "the" Warband when running Vikingr, you run an independent WSE-launcher that itself starts a separate Warband installation containing Vikingr and nothing else. This is essentially a separate game run on the WB engine

There is, however, and as previously mentioned in this thread, a serial key compatability error associated with Vikingr as of earlier this year. In practice, newer Warband licenses are incompatible with how this mod runs. You can take a look back to page 31 and 32 to read more regarding this.

Yngvald said:
The Onion Knight said:
Dansk viking said:
They both run with WSE.

A little thing called Warband Script Enhancer. If you follow the instructions in the download thread, you'll see that Vikingr runs from a completely independent folder placed at the choosing of the user. You do not in fact run "the" Warband when running Vikingr, you run an independent WSE-launcher that itself starts a separate Warband installation containing Vikingr and nothing else. This is essentially a separate game run on the WB engine

There is, however, and as previously mentioned in this thread, a serial key compatability error associated with Vikingr as of earlier this year. In practice, newer Warband licenses are incompatible with how this mod runs. You can take a look back to page 31 and 32 to read more regarding this.

Understood, but how does this relate to the games showing up as cRPG?

The Onion Knight said:
Yngvald said:
The Onion Knight said:
Dansk viking said:
They both run with WSE.

Understood, but how does this relate to the games showing up as cRPG?

BECAUSE

Dansk viking said:
They both run with WSE.

Just to make matters a tiny bit simpler: The server browser/filter doesn't differentiate between WSE running mods. And as far as I'm concerned, I don't even give a toss.

Hey guys,
We've all seen many people having problems with new activation keys not working, which makes the mod even deadlier (?) than it is already. People who currently manage the mod are against releasing a non WSE-version. The situation seems terrible, but I found this - a new, compatibile WSE loader project. Is there any chance Vikingr could use that?

The problem isn't the date you downloaded the mod; it's the date you got your Warband serial key in. If you purchased your Warband (i.e got your serial key) after a certain date, the mod wouldn't work.
Atleast, that's what I've gathered.

jepekula said:
The problem isn't the date you downloaded the mod; it's the date you got your Warband serial key in. If you purchased your Warband (i.e got your serial key) after a certain date, the mod wouldn't work.
Atleast, that's what I've gathered.

That is how it is. The WSE isn't compatible with the newer serial keys.

Médraut said:
[...] however, i have a problem.
i have the vikingr mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vikingr/downloads/vikingr-community-release-full-version
i have installed it, and i can only play a custom battle, i can't acces multiplayer and play with boots like in native. is this normal or did i do something wrong?

With this being your first mod, I would first and foremost encourage you tried putting the entirety of the mod, that is to say, the one folder called Vikingr, into the Modules folder of the M&B Warband directory. Not doing so would certainly be a cause of many errors.

Hey there. I'm not sure if it's fault of Vikingr or not, but I cannot see Jomsborg server on the serverlist. I have "Internet" chosen and only "Compatible with module" ticked and can only see Hildileikr. When I disable the server filter and sort all servers by module, I can still only see Hildileikr as the only Vikingr server.
It is odd to me especially because I have never had this problem before and can see all other M&B servers.
Can anyone here help me please? I'd love to be able to attend events  :cry:

I'm having a few minor problems since re-downloading this mod.

1) There is no horn sound when the horn is blown.  'horn.wav' is in the 'sounds' folder and it works if I open it in a media player.
2) The native music plays.  This may be normal, but it never happened before.
3) For the Engle's axe hammer, you could use 'x' to switch between the two modes of use.  I think it still works, but you used to be able to visually see it switch back and forth on screen.  This may be normal as well, at least for this version.
4) I get a wall of red text indicating 'script errors' when I play battles on the 'Battle of Hastings' map.  It has no effect on the game other than being annoying.  this actually happened previously, but it would be nice to get rid of the distraction.

I have the game both through Steam and without - these issues occur on both as near as I can tell.

On another note, when are there people on the Vikingr servers?  I haven't been able to play Vikingr with other people for years now.  Sunday mornings (UTC - 6:00) used to be pretty reliable.

Thanks for any and all help,

bocharuk

Back
Top Bottom