Users who are viewing this thread

For the developers if you read this:
Thank you for all of your hard work so far. I'm very excited to play this game and watch it grow. I hope you see this feedback as helpful in some way. I doubt you'll take all of it into account, but anything that you do use, I will appreciate. If you have clarifying questions about anything I've said, please reach out to me.

I have so far only played for about an hour. I have put hundreds of hours into warband over the years but this feedback is purely based on my game play today.. I used both an xbox controller and mouse and keyboard during my play time.

I'm very excited to play this game and watch it develop over the next year. It has great potential and Warband is one of my favorite games. However, even an hour in, there are experience hindering bugs:

1. In first person, my character's beard visible on screen, blocking my view of anything else. This is resolved by switching to third then back to 1st person.
  2. At one point every character model was covered in what I could best describe as black rectangular shapes. These disappeared after switching through characters in battle spectator. (I was able to do this because I died as a result of not being able to see my character or any of the characters attacking me from behind this blackness.)
  3. When in the character creator, some changes resulted in frames where only character eyes and mouth were visible (Akin to Assassin's Creed Unity face bug)

The following are my personal opinions and are not bugs but did hinder my experience:

1. It was very hard to read most things on screen. I'd appreciate text size options or just larger text overall.
  2. Combat directional attacking needs to either have a choice of auto mode or be more like Kingdom Come: Deliverance. That is the only game I have played that has done directional attacking well. That game also allowed for complex attack combinations based in real martial tactics. (If it is possible to have a camera lock on target option, that would make this combat style significantly easier)
  3. In regard to gamepad controls, there is currently no way to issue army commands that I could find. (d pad would be awesome for this, I don't need to have the option of dropping my weapons, it is almost never helpful.You could even make it so after activating "command mode" the d pad becomes the way to navigate through all commands, while in "soldier mode" they function as they currently do.)
  4. In menus, a controller would be more useful if it behaved by using the joysticks to move between options, rather than moving a cursor. I am specifically thinking of how menus are navigated in games like Skyrim, Fallout, or any console rts game. Using the a game pad to move cursor is infuriating, especially as sensitivity controls do not affect cursor speed in menus, only for camera perspective. (This could be implemented for mouse and keyboard with arrow keys?)

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your suggestions! I've also informed the developers about the issues you have presented and we will fix them as soon as possible.

Hi, the first and the third problems are solved, and the second problem is a known issue and in progress. Thank you for reporting. Marking this thread as solved.

Back
Top Bottom