Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Derpophilus said:
I don't know if this was an intended feature but if I choose a mage as a staring class, I can't summon anything but basic skeletons and zombies even after leveling up necromancy to 9 with 55 hp in case hp restricted summoning. I exported this character into a character starting as a necromancer and they were able to spawn specialized skeletons and shadows. So are mages just limited to basic summons but necromancers get the whole range?

P.S. Thanks for the mod! Everything else looks and runs great.

This isnt a bug its just your treating it like its still 2014. 
  Necromancers get a marking on their data that they are in fact necromancers.  This marking helps for example diplomacy to downgrade the relation and for kings/queens to not offer vassal jobs.  Diplomacy is so far too lenient but that will change.  So if you want the "rewards" of Necromancer, you need to accept the penalties also, and not just try to slyly multi-class into necromancer without taking the hit up front.

The necromancer bit is enabled if you become a lich, by the way.  Currently that's the only way to multi-class INTO necromancer.

Is there a way to make Berembert's blast flasks more attractive for the companion AI to use in combat? They'll only use them if they have no other weapons but the explosives are much stronger than typical swords.

GS Edit:  "Yes.  In fact, the game looks at the initial damage set as a throwing weapon, and has no idea of added damage set by script.
  I need to adjust the initial damage score.  This was discovered by Nameless Warrior in Warsword Conquest 2016 so Guspav wouldn't have known it, and I knew it only because I was corresponding/collaborating at the time.  OPEN ISSUE"

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Is there a way to make Bermbert's blast flasks more attractive for the companion AI to use in combat? They'll only use them if they have no other weapons but the explosives are much stronger than typical swords.

There is.  I need to up the initial damage they do in the first throw before the blast effect and AI will then prefer their use.

The blast radius and hit box for the type 13 cleric's fire burst is still a little weird. You can't really hit anyone around your body, what you have to do is cast the spell and then step backwards so your enemies follow you, then cast it again. If someone is too close to you, it misses. It seems that the blast spawns behind you and people have to be stepping directly into a specific 1 to 2 foot space in order to be hit by it.

Does cauterize get any bonus from faith? The regen rate seems really slow even at 9+ faith skill. It also cuts your health in half to use it, even if you cast protection from fire. Or is it not meant to scale with skill levels?

Morrowind Mod Man said:
The blast radius and hit box for the type 13 cleric's fire burst is still a little weird. You can't really hit anyone around your body, what you have to do is cast the spell and then step backwards so your enemies follow you, then cast it again. If someone is too close to you, it misses. It seems that the blast spawns behind you and people have to be stepping directly into a specific 1 to 2 foot space in order to be hit by it.

Does cauterize get any bonus from faith? The regen rate seems really slow even at 9+ faith skill. It also cuts your health in half to use it, even if you cast protection from fire. Or is it not meant to scale with skill levels?

that isn't using the M-1b script for fireball.  If I had delayed M-2 to add that in, I wouldn't have made it today.  Its by pure distance, using the 2014 explosion code.
I haven't had time to work on it.  I was actually busy until the last minute just reversing trim to not thresh undead parties so much.  Cleric type 13 has to wait a bit longer. 

The only good news I can give you is I made a cleric type 13 test game so I can watch what happens with it, since it has different spells than all the other clerics.

EDIT: Still not done, to give M-2 splash damage modification to cleric fireball. Open Issue

That's fine. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Another bug is that firestorm constantly attempts to activate once you use it if there's no enemies in range. The message will spam until you walk near an enemy, then the flames will trigger.

I've also gotten only 1 denar before from a critical success on giving a grand master level lesson in herbalism to the guild. The other levels of success pay more so this seems like a bug.

not sure this is a bug, but I can not take my wife as companion (game freeze on second screen) - married in M-1b, try in M-2 and M-1b - I've done it before with other character and game (L3)

GS Edit:  fixed the same week

also, small thing, maybe a clue to managing slots - I'm using necromancer staff and holy avenger, both magical I believe, when put sword in slot 1 and staff in slot 4, I can use only a staff (I'm a barbarian elf mage and cleric), but when swap a places, both weapon are available (staff in 1, sword in 4)

GS Edit: inventory adjustment for players was completely redone, in part because of this post.
You'd want the staff to stay in slot 1 in order to get the spell amplification bonus and when in slot 1 eligible staves can auto-charge for damage bonus.

clock4orange said:
could it be possible, that AI prefer longer weapon first, as both (necromancer staff and holy avanger) got same speed, but deferent length?

EDIT:
  The heat came from me getting the same post over and over again, each one a few days apart but it was always the same letter.
"why did you mess with my weapons slot use? One or more of my weapons was missing or had no ammo".

Now I won't adjust player gear, but also if they cast a magic user spell other than haste, dispel magic, or chaos, the summoned spell item will undergo Einstein's conversion of matter to energy and explode. They will be feeble minded for 1-3 days and during that time be unable to cast magic spells.  This adds a learning curve to new users anxious to roleplay battle mages with all sorts of gear they didn't really need, but on the plus side they get it their way.  In any case, let's table this.

Cleric spells never needed a free slot except for summoning weapons, which always came from slot 4 not 2.  So far they won't change behavior.

Hello, just started playing this verion so I will just keep going and report thing I find. Looks good so far, love the small nuances :smile:

Should I just update this post, or create new ones? I am doing the "search" for terms on 1st page, but I am not going to browse all 32 pages each time to report something.

1. Training Field - after talking with trainer to go through the 3x3 fight scenarios, player is facing against copy of himself, that is not moving or reacting. After defeating that copy we are returned to trainer master who behaves as if we just lost (which is technically true, the defeated actor has the same ID as player).

GS Edit:  "Eventually I had to disable training fields.  The one other place training fields mattered was with Diplomacy Constable training, so I adjusted the constable training to act as if a valid training field was found within range every time one was searched for, despite my having disabled them.  This gives no errors for the user and buffs constable training. If the player themselves really needs help with Warband skills they could train in native mod until their eye hand coordination is built, but it is not a critical layer of Phantasy 2018 and is now removed."

There are weird things happening with reinforcement waves with there being no enemy reinforcement waves and Sargoth and Jalkele have a ghost necromancer as thousands of shadows are in Sargoth and many skeletons and zombies in Jalkele after ~200 days

GS Edit: "two different things and both were solved eventually.  The second was solved fairly recently and the first went through many versions to get it perfect. For v155/v156 they wont be issues"

NOTE: This isn't a game breaking bug. It really doesn't affect game play at all, as far as I can tell.
But, I hope the info may be useful to you.

Scenario: Successful prison rescue, Elf Lord from Orcs. Returned to the Lord's Wife, she thanks me, I get normal relation bump, experience, $$, etc.

Issue: Notification says, "Quest completed: Rescue {s13} from {s14}"

I can talk to Lord's Wife and she'll help me improve relations w/ lords, etc. As far as I can tell, NOTHING is broken, so no action is really needed.

If it helps you squash a bigger bug, great. If not, IGNORE THIS! :mrgreen:

GS Edit: Open Issue

OldGreyBeard said:
Your mileage may vary. :razz:
I don't edit save games, way too much work. :wink:
I just slowly brought my characters closer to "reality" and found the stability increased. That's all. :razz:

Also, the blink tag doesn't work on the forums! :razz:
well, using some brain always help...

if you import or buff your character by ctrl+x, then you break the game, that's for sure

I'm testing right now a character with 3 (so far) abilities - barbarian (got bonus hit), cleric (got holy symbol and 15 in faith), and mage (15 in both magic skills)
with 34 companions (30 mages and 4 clerics) you don't need a big army to take a castle, just let them finish everyone on walls... I find training skill very helpful

clock4orange said:
well, using some brain always help...

if you import or buff your character by ctrl+x, then you break the game, that's for sure

I'm testing right now a character with 3 (so far) abilities - barbarian (got bonus hit), cleric (got holy symbol and 15 in faith), and mage (15 in both magic skills)
with 34 companions (30 mages and 4 clerics) you don't need a big army to take a castle, just let them finish everyone on walls... I find training skill very helpful

I'm with you on using some brain ... though how well I use it is a different topic! :mrgreen:

Mostly, I saw a lot of "bug reports" having more to do with a heavily buffed character than anything else.
And, as I freely confess to playing Warband in the "Grand Lancelot / Roland / Conan Slice and Dice mode", I thought some large, bright red letters pointing out how counter productive that is in Phantasy 2018 was called for. Don't need Gsanders chasing stupid player tricks! :wink:

Right now I'm working on my paladin getting so a force of 150-200 can wander the world at will being as close to self-sufficient as possible. By spending the time and money in Hunting, Fishing and Gardening Guild training, I'm getting pretty darn close! It's not be a fully balanced diet, though. :razz:

... and as usual, I'm totally off topic for the bug reporting thread! :facepalm:

OldGreyBeard said:
I'm with you on using some brain ... though how well I use it is a different topic! :mrgreen:

Mostly, I saw a lot of "bug reports" having more to do with a heavily buffed character than anything else.
And, as I freely confess to playing Warband in the "Grand Lancelot / Roland / Conan Slice and Dice mode", I thought some large, bright red letters pointing out how counter productive that is in Phantasy 2018 was called for. Don't need Gsanders chasing stupid player tricks! :wink:

Right now I'm working on my paladin getting so a force of 150-200 can wander the world at will being as close to self-sufficient as possible. By spending the time and money in Hunting, Fishing and Gardening Guild training, I'm getting pretty darn close! It's not be a fully balanced diet, though. :razz:

... and as usual, I'm totally off topic for the bug reporting thread! :facepalm:
I'm with you on that off topic...

of course, everyone is responsible for their cheats, can't blame devs for it or ask them to fix it

good luck with your paladin, as it is pretty damm hard to develop such a hero :smile:

I'm having a bug with my recruiter's sent out by my constable. Anyone else having issues with them? I told 4 different recruiters to go out and get 90 troops of each Khergit, Nord, Dwarven, Magi. The recruiter will walk 5 steps away from the city and just sit there. I've tried rotating his order to some other troop type and he still sits there and does nothing. Every few weeks he'll move some little bit but then just sit idle again. I own Tulga a Khergit city which is where I'm starting this recruitment from.

GS Edit:  "eventually replaced the recruiter with a vastly superior town recruiting mechanic, but for castles I had to remove the diplomacy supplied recruiter,after many tries.  There is a conversation starter that leads to "never mind I'll recruit them myself" to not hang the dialog.  Its there because v155 troop trees needed a marker for letting you adjust troop trees at the constable".

----  <-- not yet done
3) a weekly check for dead factions.  ???
    I've avoided this because its dangerous.  Its possible your savegame gets trashed.  But I've also seen the savegame get corrupted anyway with the wrong diplomacy settings, so each week I'll check to make sure the "exiles disabled" is not set, as it WILL chew up the savegame by eating towns and replacing them with exiled lord names.  Those static towns then get attacked as if they were that lord, who can never be removed.
  So anyway, this involves looking for factions that have no towns and no castles, but still have 1 or more villages.
  Then, the owner of all the factions remaining villages has to be marked as -1.
  Next, all lords belonging to that faction need to be removed from prison status, marked as exiled, the king/queen for that faction has to be marked inactive as profession, and all parties belonging to that faction, including parties for each lord exiled, then have to be removed.  This includes scouts, patrols, messengers, trade caravans, foragers, and recruiter if any, which shouldn't exist but maybe the player was a vassal earlier.
This also means the player must be checked to see if  $players_kingdom  happens to equal the dead faction, and if so the player has to be elegantly released.  Nobody much credits me with WHY something isn't done, they just get angry that I'm "lazy".  I give it 35% chance to blow away your save game in progress.  It's your call...  if it was my call, I'd say it should be spun off to a seperate patch and volunteers that actually know how to back up their save game try it.  Especially since I don't have a suite of late games that need it.  I'm the person with no time to play the game, remember?

Diplomacy is supposed to prune these for me.  It's supposed to do a lot of things.  Apparently THIS thing isn't getting done.
  But it's more complicated than I get credit for.  Trust me on this one -- if It's REALLY quick and easy, it would have already been done.

I just visited the secret chest, and it contained one chest armor, one strange sword sword, and three each of the other items.

It may be just a consequence of that character having been around for a few patches, but you may want to check into it.

Tuidjy said:
I just visited the secret chest, and it contained one chest armor, two strange swords, and three each of the other items.

It may be just a consequence of that character having been around for a few patches, but you may want to check into it.

its getting placed by Diplomacy update code, which may have ran more than once.
  I updated at N2 to stop running updates L3, M2, M3, and M7  if the game starts from N2.
  Otherwise its yet more free money for people greatly annoyed by "grinding" in the first few days.  I hate losing time, thus the cheat menu exists. 
Anyone that feels they have to grind to get to mid game isn't exploring the mod.  From mid game, yes there is a need to invest time.  But the first few hours can zoom.

Maybe a bug, maybe more, maybe no bug but some erroneous display.

c8zcxZA.jpg

Basically, my horse gets lanced for silly damage, and I supposedly get a 1400% damage bonus.  But I still deal 60-120 damage with my scimitar, which is more or less my normal damage.

So:
1) Are berserkers supposed to get enraged because of damage to their horse?
2) Is the displayed damage bonus actually being applied?
3) Is the damage bonus supposed to get reset to zero when the berserker's armor absorbs a blow without any damage?

Tuidjy said:
Maybe a bug, maybe more, maybe no bug but some erroneous display.

c8zcxZA.jpg

Basically, my horse gets lanced for silly damage, and I supposedly get a 1400% damage bonus.  But I still deal 60-120 damage with my scimitar, which is more or less my normal damage.

So:
1) Are berserkers supposed to get enraged because of damage to their horse?
2) Is the displayed damage bonus actually being applied?
3) Is the damage bonus supposed to get reset to zero when the berserker's armor absorbs a blow without any damage?
1) you yourself are supposed to be damaged, which can happen if you are hit by a fast moving heavy mount and PBOD has horse/pike damage tweak enabled.

2) the damage applied uses this call:
    agent_set_damage_modifier                = 2091  # (agent_set_damage_modifier, <agent_id>, <value>),
            # Version 1.153+. Changes the damage delivered by this agent. Value is in percentage, 100 is default, 1000 is max possible value.

Thus although there is not an explicit clipping set by Guspav, there IS a soft cap set by Taleworlds Warband engine of maximum 1000%

3) at the moment, every "damage" incoming is intercepted and on a roll of 1 or 2 on a 6-sided dice the damage output is reset according to THAT [(incoming damage's amount times 1..10) + 100].    So if you took 0 damage, there is a 1/3 change your output damage is reset to 100% (normal damage), EXCEPT if you are at 50% or less health, in which case a change I made at either L-3 or K-something kicks in and the damage is set to minimum 150% regardless of how low it otherwise would have computed. 

Back
Top Bottom