Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
Tuidjy said:
I have my battlesize on 150, and the PBOD size on 150 as well.
My suspicion is since new games start with the PBOD "battle size" number at 30, that Tuidjy's  final value for battle size FOR HIS NEW GAME (that he coincidentally started at N7), was 150 Warband battle size * 0.30  PBOD default == 45, which was the number that he saw spawn.
No.  As soon as I start a new character, I change all the options, even before I walk in the nearby city.  Horse slow down, companion complaints, Rigale, High economics/AI/etc... and the battle size.  I have been switching between N6/N7/P1, and it is very clear, in N6, the battle is the expected 9 on all, in the others, it is 9 on chunks of 40-60.
I started running into this issue too, where even at the level 2 tactics from Rolf I was getting my entire troop vs 42 opponents even though they showed up with 400+.

I used this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/1761

And changed the battle size from 150 to 300. It worked well for a few fights, instead of 42 I got 80 something opponents to fight. I didn't try any sieges with it. In the sieges I've done the enemy has had hundreds of troops in game at a time, so this might just blow up warband.

GS Edit:  "Battle sizer creates a headache in Phantasy in as much as Phantasy 2018 is very twitchy for large numbers of agents on the field.
Worse, what exactly is an agent on the field?  it CAN be a horse, a recently deceased body, a routed combatant, a charmed enemy who now is in the "allies" group... and the one tool that exists in game to read YOUR settings from within a battle only returns the slider %, not what that slider represents.  SO I have to anticipate what the slider really means without knowing if you have battle sizer installed or not.  Also, the needs of Phantasy 2018 are independent of the needs of every other mod, but battle sizer changes Warband settings for ALL mods.

The solution was to add a switch at Phantasy Settings under camp menu "prefer large battles", which allows a brief surge up to 3 times the nominal 150 peak in certain situations like defenders sally forth from walls in a siege, which respecting the numbers you set in a regular battle by multiplying the slider percent by 150 and filtering all the dead bodies and horses found that otherwise would have deferred reinforcements by making it look like you ALREADY had 150+ agents on your team in battle.  Now at least if you have 100 BODIES from your team and 50 horses with 0 troops it knows you really need 150 reinforcements.  And you can slide that slider during battle, to block more reinforcements or add more, a few seconds later. If you accidentally slide it to 0% or close to it, the value selected by reinforcement code is minimum 60 so that your side plus enemies side after filtering for horses and dead bodies is AT LEAST 60 total and if not try to add reinforcements.  These were v150 P3/P4 series changes made right after this post, and of course part of all v155/v156 builds"

Tuco said:
Tuidjy said:
Tuco said:
I started running into this issue too, where even at the level 2 tactics from Rolf I was getting my entire troop vs 42 opponents even though they showed up with 400+.
I have been getting 42 opponents in every fight that is not a sally since I switched to P2.  50 outlaws, a 250 men army, a 1800 strong campaign - it does not matter, I'll be facing 42 opponents.

Speaking of sallies, I like how everyone gets out and tries to swamp my guy, and my PC can handle 300+ troops on screen just fine.  But the speed of the enemy is just ludicrous.  They look like bunnies on crack performing a Benny Hill routine.  It's not that it is overpowering me, it's annoying me.  I'd lower the cut off point for reinforcements down to <battle size> (so that player's wishes are respected) prevent player reinforcements (the rest are too far away to join) and get rid of the speed up (it looks crazed, at least at 'fastest' combat speed)
Isn't the speed up just because of the haste spell? I kind of like it, it adds a bit of flavor because I'm not used to enemy troops on foot being able to juke me as I rush them with cavalry.
Maybe.  I am used to handling hasted opponents, as I melee on foot, and I fight a lot of Drow and undead.  The ones in sallies bother me in a way the ones in the field do not.  The former have the speed of hasted shadows, without the otherworldiness, so it is jarring.

GS Edit:  "the haste  buff for defenders sallying from walls was changed from 7/2 to 7/4 by v150 P4 and remains this for v155/v156"

HunterAlpha1 said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
Has necromancy been fixed in the latest patch so I can have prisoners again? I really don't want to fail this quest :sad:
So if this hasn't been fixed yet, would it be possible to use cheat mode to add the prisoners I need to my party, or maybe spawn an enemy party comprised only of the troops needed and then auto-calc? Then I can teleport to the lord who gave me the capture prisoners quest.

Well **** that's not gonna work, because even though I turned on cheat mode I don't see any cheat mode options in the camp, town, or any other menus :sad:

Ah ok I needed to enable cheats from the Phantasy options.
Alrighty, here's my workaround:
First, enable cheats in the launcher, and then in game: camp menu > Change Phantasy Calriadia 2018 Settings > check the cheats box

Less cheaty, more time consuming method: enter a town or castle with the troops you need as prisoners > use cheats > party cheats > Exchange with party > move the prisoners you need to your own prisoner slots.

More cheaty, less time consuming method: teleport around until you find an enemy party that contains the troops you want to take as prisoners > attack! > use control/shift/f to knock out all the enemies > take the prisoners you need.

You can now teleport back to the quest giver and receive your reward.

GS Edit:  "v150 sometime around N and all of v155/156 fixed prisoners escaping. It actually happened so long ago I could not find it in 5 pages of looking"

So apparently I mistakenly placed an Item in all my invontory slots ... then tried to cast a spell and it says the spell backfired... okay... but now I cant seem to cast spells anymore? like ever? is that suppose to happen?

wolly12 said:
So apparently I mistakenly placed an Item in all my invontory slots ... then tried to cast a spell and it says the spell backfired... okay... but now I cant seem to cast spells anymore? like ever? is that suppose to happen?
It'll come back in a few days. Your fingers are singed a bit :grin:

gsanders said:
Other than this the big change for N7/P1 was to autocalc with no possibility of reprisal loss one round when the winning side has a 30:1 battle advantage, on the presumption that what we saw was routed troops returning.  This is then followed immediately by the normal battle so as to not loose credit for troops killed in an earlier battle segment, as a normal battle keeps calling the exact same menu point again and again until finally a total victory or total defeat is declared.  SO now the last impulse has a 0 adversary battle but all the prior wounded enemy pool is not yet flushed, allowing loot, reknown, and prisoners as usual.  This shields you from losing top tier troops in a final autocalc against trash routed enemy.    I don't think I get credit for what I did there -- instead he thinks its some deeply sinister plot to screw him for 9 vs 120 battles.  Those arent 1:30 odds, but if they were I'd be proud to mess his force up, sure.  Look like routed to me, 9 to 270+

Using P2, going up against Awoken Immortals autocalcs (hell no, I won't do that at less than 30:1 :wink: ), as does the crazy mage (again, I ain't doing that fight with my rag-tag band at more level odds!). I've never had the 'normal battle' follow. Edit: this is not auto-calc as in choosing 'let your soldiers fight for you' but what tends to happen is the battle starts, troops don't charge and 'Battle is over...' appears - there were no enemy units on the field; prisoner window appears then loot. This was a brand new game on a clean install of N2 from nexus, overwritten by N6, then P2.

GS Edit:  "No plans to change the mechanic, except to move the bar up before it kicks in.  Its more useful for dealing with routed than the once in several WEEKS event for awoken immortals.  In which case, it gives free loot.  You're not complaining about free loot, are you?"

So ... are loths chosen suppose to suck? becasue they have horrible weapons...literally like a sword and some throwing dagger? Their prior character type are better equiped then the choosen. . . ... They are soooooo weak...

GS Edit: " Lolths chosen were adjusted after this.  It won't be an issue in v155/v156"

wolly12 said:
So ... are loths chosen suppose to suck? becasue they have horrible weapons...literally like a sword and some throwing dagger? Their prior character type are better equiped then the choosen. . . ... They are soooooo weak...

qeV-t.jpg
YRduR.jpg
dv06p.jpg

The only thing I could possibly see anyone complain about is a shield and a need to boost weapons skills to match polearm, now that they don't have polearms.
The enchanted sword has a longer reach than most drow weapons and is faster than other swords so gets first hit (and is harder to dodge).
I'm not sure that darkness cannot be cast from mount anymore, I think that was changed and only the added text is misleading.

Of course, this view isn't some secret mode; you click reports: reference materials: view all troops, find Drow and selected the troop you wished to complain about and had this same information displayed.  So you saw this page before you wrote to complain, and apparently it meant something different to you.
You wanted what, some mace here?  Maybe they deserve poisoned enchanted weapon, since they're servants of a spider queen, or poisoned spears, but the main weakness I see is lack of a shield.

I'll consider it for v160.  Now if you don't mind, I'm busy right now.

EDIT:  it did get in the next patch after this post.  However every time I change focus, something else got dropped and it becomes extremely difficult to recover my place, thus my annoyed sound.  Sorry if pundits dont share the handicap, but then again, they don't share the work.  That's not for the OP, but the legion that follows saying I'm bad for sounding harsh.

I think it's not a drow speciality, but 2-4 horse archery would not hurt since they have daggers.

GS Edit: " this got overlooked but remains a decent suggestion.  OPEN ISSUE"

Totulhu said:
I think it's not a drow speciality, but 2-4 horse archery would not hurt since they have daggers.

I'll do all of the above, but not today.  I really am busy trying to knock out the first piece of v160.

I don't plan any more v150 series. I also cannot keep moving focus around, it screws with my thinking.
So I will stay focused on what is on my calendar. All the community input is considered for AFTER 160 is built, as last minute tweaks before the community is burdened with having to view it.  Since according to https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files
there are exactly 91 real players of the mod and the rest aren't serious enough to bother to download a patch, I'll consider the actual player base as 92, and plan accordingly.  It looks to me like the only way to get everyone that even plans to play the game to patch is to make sure the next version requires a restart, and I hate to restart very often so I'm in no hurry to release.  Better to stay focused and make something DIFFERENT.
Otherwise we spend 9 months changing little things and lose the chance to change something important.  I won't be able to mod this forever, so lets get something done while I'm still available.

Well I also kinda meant the drow spider knights also have lances/shields and the same magic sword, so it kinda makes the lolth's chosen just a worse version of them? I know the choosen are suppose to be "Archers" but they kinda run out of daggers quickly and then just use a sword with out a shield and get killed super easy and against their primary enemy elves (ie: Good archers); their lack of a shield is a death sentence ... and especially for sieges ...

GS Edit: "Done and lets close this.  Again, I lose what's in the pipeline if I change focus. "

I look forward to the day when balancing troops, synchronizing models to stats, prettying up icons and banners, and fixing typos will be the order of the day.  I'm not sure I'll live to see it.  There have been exactly two Warband mods whose developer teams have ever frozen features and went for spit and polish, in my knowledge.

And I am not even saying Pendor's way is better than the alternative.  I get more enjoyment from Phantasy and Perisno than from Pendor... and I played La Guerre de Cent Ans exactly once.

For me, the perfect development method is The Last Days'.  They are both pushing new features, and polishing up the existing content.  But that project is both staffed and managed exceptionally well.

Bug in the patch 3 version

I helped bury the dead a few turns before in a different city, message said epidemic is over. Next day went to Obsidian Spire. Could not leave the city, could not select wait.

When I did the message just kept repeating "You pound on the city gates"

So could not get out of that screen and had to force quit the game.

BTW: Thanks for the work on this mod. I have been having a great time with it  :smile:

zodden said:
Bug in the patch 3 version

I helped bury the dead a few turns before in a different city, message said epidemic is over. Next day went to Obsidian Spire. Could not leave the city, could not select wait.

When I did the message just kept repeating "You pound on the city gates"

So could not get out of that screen and had to force quit the game.

BTW: Thanks for the work on this mod. I have been having a great time with it  :smile:

Although you THINK all you can do is quit the game, you can actually get out easily.  Here's how:
  1) go to any scene in town - city center, arena, tavern, castle visit, castle garden.  Anything that puts a graphic scene up instead of text menu.
  2) Esc key  save & exit to character select menu.
  3) DON'T close the game.  Just select the character again and jump back in, sparing the 90 seconds to 3 minutes of loading screen delay.
  You're back in the game in 10 seconds instead of minutes.  And you start ALREADY OUTSIDE TOWN.

It's better than that -- the conditions keeping you IN town are removed.  You can step in, step out, no problem.

But you won't think of any of this when panicking - and you certainly did panic if you thought you had to crash the game.  You just didn't know how easy it was to leave, because noone taught you, and you didnt know what to do.  It's like skiing when noone mentioned how to snow plow to stop.  Your plan B is to fall over and take a tumble.  So don't tumble -- just react smart.

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this but Molocaudohm isn't using any magic. Other than his and spell shield, he's just a regular companion.

He's suppose to start with magic capability and increase like aedan or (whatever the female mage is called) but yeah no dice. Additionally because he's auto flagged as a mage, can't make him an actual mage via the other means. or a demonic cleric for that matter :twisted:

GS Edit: " I tried briefly to remove him for v155/v156 but had to put him back.
  He has other problems as well.  OPEN ISSUE"

It's better than that -- the conditions keeping you IN town are removed.  You can step in, step out, no problem.

That worked of course thanks :smile:

Great work- Really enjoying your necro changes. Leveling up what you summon. Its a great idea.

3 Things, I don't know if these have been reported already, but too lazy to check tbh

1. Ctrl+space makes me go slower or others go faster on the map. If I'm accompanying someone and I'm clearly faster than them, pressing ctrl+space will cause me to lag behind them and will say target lost.

2. Whenever a magic companion of mine uses charge staff and kills a single enemy, the messages in the bottom left spam about 10 times saying the same thing, that they killed that one enemy.

3. I was unable to join the defence of my town, Tulga, against the Dethersan (however you spell it) and they had a large army against my 200 or so garrison. I was far away from the town but I got there before they finished, I went to the town and chose "join the defenders" and nothing happened. I chose "pass through the siege lines and enter" and nothing happened (nothing meaning the menu went away and put me back to showing the overworld map). They just took my town and I couldn't do anything to stop them. This was pretty deal breaking for me and I had to stop playing.

GS Edit: 
"1. strange but not something I did.  No idea where that code is.  However ctrl-space increases the resting timer speed so the party you think you are auto-following every 0.2 hours just did an hours worth of moving before your next 0.2 hour check adjusted you, so that's where the target lost came from.  Generally ctrl-space is useful for YOUR movement but unstable for cows following you or you following some other party
  2.  This was fixed already by the time you posted this, so you were running an old version.  Old could be weeks or months: its all ancient after a few weeks.
  3.  You just need to take the first option, to enter town, and then it auto-pulls you into the battle.
    But I SHOULD remove the second option to stop confusing players  OPEN ISSUE"

hipp522 said:
3 Things, I don't know if these have been reported already, but too lazy to check tbh

1. Ctrl+space makes me go slower or others go faster on the map. If I'm accompanying someone and I'm clearly faster than them, pressing ctrl+space will cause me to lag behind them and will say target lost.

2. Whenever a magic companion of mine uses charge staff and kills a single enemy, the messages in the bottom left spam about 10 times saying the same thing, that they killed that one enemy.

3. I was unable to join the defence of my town, Tulga, against the Dethersan (however you spell it) and they had a large army against my 200 or so garrison. I was far away from the town but I got there before they finished, I went to the town and chose "join the defenders" and nothing happened. I chose "pass through the siege lines and enter" and nothing happened (nothing meaning the menu went away and put me back to showing the overworld map). They just took my town and I couldn't do anything to stop them. This was pretty deal breaking for me and I had to stop playing.
Are you playing the latest version?  You should apply patch P3, it's very stable and fixes at least two of the above issues (two and three)

Tuidjy said:
hipp522 said:

Are you playing the latest version?  You should apply patch P3, it's very stable and fixes at least two of the above issues (two and three)

This is EXACTLY why I need to make less patches and focus on incompatible versions, with more features so people actually bother to have current code.  I'm sick of hearing about issues from 150B or 150J that were solved months ago, but 96.5% of the population was too lazy or bored to bother to patch.  Patch v150 P3 has been downloaded, and possible applied, by at most 1.5% of the 10,000 unique downloads reported at NexusMods or Moddb.  I suspect none of the Moddb crowd bother to update, but also most of the NexusMods people didnt update either.

I've decided to stop making patches for 40 days and when I release the next version it will not be v150 compatible to FORCE everyone to at least start with current patch capability, plus what little is added in 40 days at my usual slacker pace.  I'm kind of recognizing my patches are useless to the main audience; they expected everything up front, and never once in their entire life to patch, and that has not been how it was furnished.  But since they never expect to patch, why mention something is broken, since that gets fixed by a patch, which they are too lazy to install?  This entire generation of steam users... that can't operate their own computer.  The computer has to operate them... thats why its only 1.5%.  I bet the 1.5 percent are all 30+ since the younger people don't know which end of a computer to operate, but traded books for cell phones and never understood what they lost.

Is it normal for prisoner necromancers to spawn zombies and skellies in the garrison of the castle/town they're imprisoned in? I disbanded/sold all the necros captured in my fiefs because of this. Also, my armies consist of mage/monks but I frequently get a message that my party suffers a moral hit because of the monks don't like the evil(?) troops in my party. I don't have any evil troops however (zombies, skeletons), is there some kind of friction between mages and paladins, do they not like each other?  :???:

Fully patched btw

GS Edit:  "fixed in A3 v155/156 around 3 weeks after this post.  I dont remember if it was back patched into 150 series, P4 if it was.
  There are too many issues for me to keep track, thus editing to see what was and what was not done for every post"

Back
Top Bottom