Bugs in 1.010?

Users who are viewing this thread

I updated from native 1.003 to 1.010. No tweaks used. I'm playing with realistic settings so no quiting without saving. The problem is it doesn't autosave anymore when leaving villages/towns.  :???:

The 1.010 upgrade replaces all the txt files except map.txt.

This means if you were using ANY game modifications in your save, it will probably generate errors. ESPECIALLY if you were using one of the mods out there.

Most of my tweaks shouldn't cause savegame problems, most are savegame compatible to begin with. But some of them will cause errors. The tweak to make windmills give a monthly bonus is the cause if your "number of triggers exceeds 84" thing, because it adds a new trigger. It says in that tweak that it isn't savegame compatible. If you add the trigger again, it should work.

I for one was able to simply install the 1.010 upgrade over what I had, re-add the windmill tweak, and the only error I got was the same one Lord Sami got. A quick look into the problem and I found the cause: A new global variable was added in between the others (if you look in variables.txt you'll notice that there are now 499, as opposed to 498 previously - the new variable is g_village_raid_evil, #171).

Simple_trigger 4, line 32 is a reference to $auto_besiege_town. With the addition of the new variable, the savegame has $auto_besiege_town stored as #200, while the new script is looking for #201. Thus it is reading what the savegame has saved for $g_siege_method_finish_hours. That problem should correct itself during gameplay, but you may experience errors due to the 328 global variables which are now offset by 1. As soon as all the global variables are set properly by the new references it should all be fine, but pretty much anything could happen if it reads a global variable for something before it gets set again properly.

This also means that any tweaks I have that use global variables below #171 would need to be adjusted by 1 to work properly, but I honestly can't remember if I have any using any of those or not.

Kardiophylax said:
Just experienced my first issue... 

I've been working for Swadia for my entire career.  I just took Derchios Castle from the Nords and it automatically gave me the castle and labeled it as being owned by Kingdom of Nords rebels.  Umm... but I didn't want to be a rebel kingdom...

That is the only issue I experienced so far.  For the record, I'm using HDR, graphical enhancements, and UniqueArmory mods, but nothing that modified actual gameplay.

I also had this issue but nothing actually changed, all you have to do is talk to your king and "renew" your vassal status, youl keep your villages, casttle, etc, its only a minor bug that can be easily fixed by pleadging vassalship to your old king again :wink:

i dont see any text message on the battlefield.

if i try to give my troops orders i dont see the messages (everyone hear me, charge ...) and i dont see the damage, kills etc. messages too.

[quote author=Francisian]
I also had this issue but nothing actually changed, all you have to do is talk to your king and "renew" your vassal status, youl keep your villages, casttle, etc, its only a minor bug that can be easily fixed by pleadging vassalship to your old king again :wink:
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  I sort of feel like I've cheated to get a castle I wasn't "rewarded" properly by my king though.  I suppose I could also try a new vanilla install, but as stated the only changes I've actually made are that I copied over the new texture/resource files from Graphical Enhancements 2.5, modified the items to add the additional weapons/armor from the UniqueWeapons mod, and used the battlesizer.  I haven't modified any of the other text files or anything. I wonder if many others will experience this when taking a castle by themselves in the new patch.

possum said:
i dont see any text message on the battlefield.

if i try to give my troops orders i dont see the messages (everyone hear me, charge ...) and i dont see the damage, kills etc. messages too.

Did you tweak the .txt files in 1.003? If so, you probably have tons of script errors overloading the message queue.

Lip service peace.

I had recently started a new game, I was allied to the Vaegir and at war with the Nords.  When a peace deal was made, I decided to pop over to Sargoth for a bit of trade, only to find myself waylaid into a battle consisting of myself and Rolf, versus the entire Nord nation.  The subsequent throwing axe wondershot to the face only added to my surprise at being attacked in the first place.  Indeed, I checked the 'pedia and there it quite clearly said we were not at war with the Nords.

An interesting bug, i patched my game with the newest version and loaded up my new save where  was aligned with the kingdom of vaegirs and now im aligned with no faction. Ive kept all of my fiefs, it still says im the lord of my castle and whatnot though the name above is still green indicating its still part of the vaegir kingdom. I havent tried joining a faction to see what happens yet.

It appears that 1.010 is not save-compatible with past versions. Try starting a new game on a clean install (i.e. without TheMageLords' tweaks) and see if the same problems occur.

Eric_Clapton said:
Thanks.. I'm pretty crappy whith these things... was good whith the Amiga500 thou, but after that I haven't used computer so much...

Eric_C

Tip: Don't use my mod until I "port" it.

Started a new character in 1.003...  and updated with the patch to 1.010 - no mods.

I got an event, if i wished to renew my 'allegiance/bond' to MY CHARACTERS NAME?!?!??  A character with no allegiances or relationships to any factions, just a around a month or two in-game, swatting it out.

Uninstalled and re-installed 1.003, the latest patch and used the same save. Same notice.

Most of the bugs coming up in savegames from 1.003 are likely caused by the additional global variable introduced in 1.010. It shifted all the global variables that came behind it down, but the savegame will still have them saved at the old positions. So variable 300 was used for something in 1.003, the savegame will have that number saved as #300 from 1.003 Then 1.010 comes around and tried to reference the same variable, yet due to the new variable in the middle the scripts are calling for #301 instead. But the savegame still has that data saved as #300, so it instead reads the next one in the list - which is likely completely wrong.

This causes things like your kingdom being read incorrectly or asking you if you want to renew your allegiance to yourself or what-have-you.

The only thing to fully correct the issue and get all the global variables set correctly would be to start a new game. You might still be able to play the old, but expect weird errors.

Updated to 1.010 from 1.003, was using Graphic Enhancement 2.5 (no HDR) as the permamarshall of Nords Rebels.  I can still go give troops to my vassal lords, but I no longer get an option when speaking to them inside a castle/town to Follow Me or start a new campaign.  Re-installed 1.003 and all savegames (incl ones that were never loaded under 1.010) give an Incompatible File Version error and are unloadable.  Clean installed 1.003 and 1.010 with no mods, and still have no options for the Follow or Campaign orders.

Yes I know it's an old save in 1.010 but I'm not sure how to confirm this bug with a fresh game without playing all the way through to a rebellion again.  Looking for confirmation.

EDIT:  Was mistaken, on an uninstall/reinstall of 1.003 I can load games that were not loaded with 1.010.

Well, despite Armagan's claims... it's a fact that 1.003 saved games are not compatible 1.010 , way too many bugs and scripting errors. I had to delete all my saved games and do a clean install to make the game display Battle messages.

In training field -> Ranged weapon practice -> Bows & arrows

The last arrow (10th) always passes through the target without breaking it. I'm quite sure that it's a bug, but not sure if it existed in previous versions, I didn't notice.

Just try it yourself.

TheMageLord said:
Most of the bugs coming up in savegames from 1.003 are likely caused by the additional global variable introduced in 1.010. It shifted all the global variables that came behind it down, but the savegame will still have them saved at the old positions. So variable 300 was used for something in 1.003, the savegame will have that number saved as #300 from 1.003 Then 1.010 comes around and tried to reference the same variable, yet due to the new variable in the middle the scripts are calling for #301 instead. But the savegame still has that data saved as #300, so it instead reads the next one in the list - which is likely completely wrong.

This causes things like your kingdom being read incorrectly or asking you if you want to renew your allegiance to yourself or what-have-you.

The only thing to fully correct the issue and get all the global variables set correctly would be to start a new game. You might still be able to play the old, but expect weird errors.

The OP should edit his post to contain this quote. Pretty concise.

OK. So I captured a castle and It became a rebel castle of vaegirs (Im nord) in grey color. And I still have the Nord Town and villages I owned before. Also I cant see messages in battles if using old savegames. So using old savegames are a mess in 1.010 ?

Krllll said:
OK. So I captured a castle and It became a rebel castle of vaegirs (Im nord) in grey color. And I still have the Nord Town and villages I owned before. Also I cant see messages in battles if using old savegames. So using old savegames are a mess in 1.010 ?

reinstall everything. Start over. Its not to save compatible. Same happened to me.

I did get the "renew a mercenary contract with yourself" message as an independent rebel.  First time I chose "go independent" and a few hours later I got a message that I had no lands.  Sure enough, all my previous properties had become "commoners" and I could go in but not manage anything.  And all my troops stationed there were lost.

Things went on as before when I reloaded a savegame and chose to renew the contract.  Apparently if I'm not in my own employ as a mercenary, I kick myself out of my own faction.  Very existential.

And my honor was set at 311.  And my realtions with an enemy Vaegir lord were at 100.

I used a number ot TML tweaks.  Looks like time for a realod and a new game.  Oh well...
It's such a pain to enter all those tweaks again.

Kardiophylax said:
[quote author=Francisian]

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  I sort of feel like I've cheated to get a castle I wasn't "rewarded" properly by my king though.  I suppose I could also try a new vanilla install, but as stated the only changes I've actually made are that I copied over the new texture/resource files from Graphical Enhancements 2.5, modified the items to add the additional weapons/armor from the UniqueWeapons mod, and used the battlesizer.  I haven't modified any of the other text files or anything. I wonder if many others will experience this when taking a castle by themselves in the new patch.
[/quote]

I had the same problem. I did not get an option to ask for a castle after taking it. I did not want it but somehow became a rebel. I still had control of my previous possessions although they were not marked as rebel.

You can talk to your king to regain your faction, but you get your relations with the other factions reset. Not that it really matters but good relations with non-warring factions will reset to zero.

Back
Top Bottom