Bugs, Errors, or Problems (Version 3.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that I can currently get about 30 of any type of archer (gladeborn or other) and just tell them to sit outside a BP castle and win the battle quite quickly by just sitting there.

I was also surprised when some deserter druids used a planar storm against me. Evidently deserters can still use faction powers.

Darkstar707 said:
I know that I can currently get about 30 of any type of archer (gladeborn or other) and just tell them to sit outside a BP castle and win the battle quite quickly by just sitting there.

I was also surprised when some deserter druids used a planar storm against me. Evidently deserters can still use faction powers.

The BP should be charging out from the gates in sieges. 

Yes, enemy armies are allowed to use abilities regardless of their faction standing.

Kardiophylax said:
Darkstar707 said:

The BP should be charging out from the gates in sieges. 

Yes, enemy armies are allowed to use abilities regardless of their faction standing.

Well.. they weren't... Even though there WAS a open gate. They still tried to use the ladder...

Martyran said:
Illorian everwitch  i started with a negative relation
not sure why ?
will start another character and see what happens
The blight i seem to be at war with
and the purple (sorry cannot remember there faction name)are friendly

tried 2 characters got the same result
and each charioteer started in the Ferron area training ground
maybe will re download and install or something ?

OK I deleted the 3.0 of the mod folder and the new  character has started spawning at different training grounds now an not allways at the Ferron one
I still get no missions from talking with the Illorian everwitch faction
just one from the commander who told me to get 20 soldiers and then I could join his faction
which was kind of cool not having to do all those letter here and kill this fellon there quests to get into a faction
I have joined this faction and I still get no missions talking to any of the Illorian Lords
I can talk to other allied lords and get missions off them
its just a bit strange how my own faction Lords wont give me any missions
I still get just the 2 selection ..May I ask you something ...and leave

the game is playable ..very playable and enjoyable i love the magic first time i was teleported in front of a blighted it scared the hell out of me  :grin:

Martyran said:
Martyran said:
Illorian everwitch  i started with a negative relation
not sure why ?
will start another character and see what happens
The blight i seem to be at war with
and the purple (sorry cannot remember there faction name)are friendly

tried 2 characters got the same result
and each charioteer started in the Ferron area training ground
maybe will re download and install or something ?

OK I deleted the 3.0 of the mod folder and the new  character has started spawning at different training grounds now an not allways at the Ferron one
I still get no missions from talking with the Illorian everwitch faction
just one from the commander who told me to get 20 soldiers and then I could join his faction
which was kind of cool not having to do all those letter here and kill this fellon there quests to get into a faction
I have joined this faction and I still get no missions talking to any of the Illorian Lords
I can talk to other allied lords and get missions off them
its just a bit strange how my own faction Lords wont give me any missions
I still get just the 2 selection ..May I ask you something ...and leave

the game is playable ..very playable and enjoyable i love the magic first time i was teleported in front of a blighted it scared the hell out of me  :grin:

The faction quests for Illoriaon will come from Lord General Garenathos after you have joined the faction.  The faction quests for the Feron come from Warchief Krug after you have joined the faction.  Those two will not offer the original native quests anymore. 

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

As listed in the other topic, after doing Corpse Combustion all my messages disappeared (You received x damage. You have invoked Necromancy on the dead. etc. etc.). They don't show up again. I figure a restart will fix it. It was a well-timed Corpse Combustion and I figure the text got overloaded or something? There were lots of bodies and I must have caught at least 20 enemy troops in that blast.

As for skills, I noticed again that they are done too early when the enemy holds position near their spawn and allied forces don't charge ahead. I figure that's a pain to fix, but it's a pity (And I guess a blessing at the same time)

Just did another one in a loosing battle (That's where the skill is helpful): Same thing happened.

When you have the Book of the Necromancer, the +2 Leadership is not seen as a bonus so to say. So if you have 3 Leadership and get 12 Charisma to go to 4, you can't upgrade it due you already having 5 Leadership with the Book. You need to sell your Book, then upgrade your Leadership and then buy it back again for it to work.

Not really a problem, but just an annoyance.

Marche said:
As listed in the other topic, after doing Corpse Combustion all my messages disappeared (You received x damage. You have invoked Necromancy on the dead. etc. etc.). They don't show up again. I figure a restart will fix it. It was a well-timed Corpse Combustion and I figure the text got overloaded or something? There were lots of bodies and I must have caught at least 20 enemy troops in that blast.
This is a bug with M&B. If you overload the message system, it stops displaying text (so as not to blind you, I imagine). It used to do this constantly back in .960. The best way to avoid the bug is to turn off "display damage" in the options screen, though waiting a few minutes will restore everything to normal.

Shatari said:
Marche said:
This is a bug with M&B. If you overload the message system, it stops displaying text (so as not to blind you, I imagine). It used to do this constantly back in .960. The best way to avoid the bug is to turn off "display damage" in the options screen, though waiting a few minutes will restore everything to normal.

100% correct.  Shutting off the damage/death messages right before hitting corpse combustion, and then turning it on after, will avoid the problem.  Otherwise it will return once the buffer catches up.  Using the alt F4 cheat rapidly over and over will simulate the same effect.  I have used it to kill 200 person armies before and it definitely kills the message log.

Getting the AI to use the combat abilities at all was quite a bit of work.  Getting them to use them as intelligently as a human, even more work.  A few of them are "smart", but many just use timers.  I can reduce their cooldown to let them use them more often then the player though.  Not sure if that would make them too difficult though.

Ok. I'll be more patient then / put it off if I can. That should at least allow me to continue playing.

Haven't found any bugs. I tried playing on Dx7 for a while, because zooming in on trees under Dx9 just kills my system - problem is, it sort of ruins the Feron armour. No worries though, I've just used the forest tweak for now and gone back to Dx9. So far, no issues.

Think this one got lost in the other topic:

The Book of Necromancy gives a +2 Leadership, but from what I understood, it should be +5?

not sure if its a bug (maybe i missed something) after the quest for bp (the one with go to hidden cave, kill him, revive him) i went to the shrine, got the guy, returned to dread s(something) ended quest, and now i cant leave the city, tried leaving through menu, going to the border of city, nope, cant leave.... is there anything you need to do before leaving?

Hehe, I've found a bug with sieges. I was defending an Illoriaon castle. The Feron hung back as usual, only, they treated the ladder like a siege ladder - in other words, they ran up to the ramp, and stood around beside it. After emptying my arrows, I charged down, killed about 20, and died. Now though, it won't end the battle, and I can't retreat. I'm just stuck watching the two armies exchange arrows. Reinforcements keep coming. Slightly boring, actually :razz:.

Hmm. It still says here that to create another Abomination I need to wait another 48 hours. I assume that's IG time? 2 days have already long passed. Else, 48 hours is way long to create such a thing. I might need to just leave M&B running then while doing other stuff  :shock: Such a limit will mean I can use it 1 or perhaps 2 times if I play long. Also, it should be less then 48 hours now, as I played a few today and created my Abomination yesterday.

So the High Inquisition just started against the Planelords, but now I've arrived at Balthare and he sees me as an enemy and keeps following me. When he reaches me, the dialogue pops up and I can stand aside or stop him. However it seems I can't join him on his quest (You know, since he keeps following me to kill me). I'm a Illoraon in this game, so I believe I should be able to at least support him. Also, all I see is this 100-men army. That's not going to hurt anyone me thinks, especially with 1000 bandits running around, but I'll keep watching. I'll see what happens. Nor do I think those small Inquisitor Armies are going to get past the Crusaders of the Dawn, but maybe they gang up. I will reserve judgement and see :smile:

One more thing: I can't aid the Inquisitors at all. I saw a group fighting a Planelord party, but I couldn't join in on them. I could only assist the PlaneLord, which is not what I want.

Ahh. It seems several bigger Inquisitor Parties have spawned. That's nice. The only thing is that they seem to stay around Illoriaon, hunting and running away. I noticed only one Party made it close to Sentinel. The rest was busy with other things.

The siege thing Elenmmare mentioned is a bug.  Which city was it?  I suspect it was one that I received a recent new scene for.  As I said, I didn't test the new scenes well/at all.  Depending which it is their may be a backup in the module folder though.  Odds are it was recreated as a ladder scene and the code still things its a belfry (siege ramp) scene.

Abomination cooldown is not resetting for you Marche?  I'll have to look at the code and see why that would be.

dimix, I'll take a look and see.  Sounds like you did things right.  There is an odd bug going around that was before isolated to the Feron quest.  I've not changed anything with that quest you just did since 2.2 though. 

I misspoke on the book of necromancy.  It is +2 if that's what it says.  It was off the top of my head.  I may modify this if deemed necessary and not overpowered though.

Yeah, it seems it isn't counting down and stays at 48. I would have to check my other save though, but after a day of playing it was still on 48 even though I had revived the Abomination the day before.

Marche said:
Yeah, it seems it isn't counting down and stays at 48. I would have to check my other save though, but after a day of playing it was still on 48 even though I had revived the Abomination the day before.

I believe there is a bug causing the cooldown counter on that ability not to count down properly.  I am going to try to come up with a way to hotfix that into an existing save, but I'm not sure yet if modifying an existing trigger will work yet or not.  I'll test it out when I have some time and see.  The actual fix will be quite simple, it's just a matter of trying to get it to work without starting a new game.

Odds are I will bundle that change in with the one that allows the Abomination to work properly in sieges.  Actually looking forward to that change myself as well.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom